NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be interesting to hear or see a transcript of the 911 call placed for him - I'm assuming one was made, no?

She called her brother-in-law, who is in LE, so I don't think there was a 911 call.

was it ever determined if there is a life ins policy on him?

I don't think anyone has heard anything on that, but my guess is probably yes. Only because he has 2 kids and it seems to be the prudent thing to do in that case. I'm only speculating here. I really don't know if he has life insurance or not.

There has to be a huge, seriously embarrassing secret here that is the cause of all this silence.

There has to be a huge, seriously embarrassing secret here that is the cause of all this silence.

What could be THAT embarrassing?
Embarrassing enough to jeopardize finding your missing loved one?
Really?
:banghead:

Really?

Well, lets see. Could RM have been caught in, lets say, a compromising position? Caught red handed? His phone pinged in Huntington.

I just activated my "find iPhone" and "find ipad" apps yesterday. At work, I saw my iPad was safely at home. Hmmmm. It's like a tracking device.

So what you are saying is that the family would rather him remain "missing" than be shamed and humiliated for something he may have been involved in?

Well, lets see. Could RM have been caught in, lets say, a compromising position? Caught red handed? His phone pinged in Huntington.

I just activated my "find iPhone" and "find ipad" apps yesterday. At work, I saw my iPad was safely at home. Hmmmm. It's like a tracking device.

Could it be that he may have realized something and then did something to his phone for it to ping for last time in Huntington at 1:45? maybe he knew something about the phone and did not want anyone to know where he was?

Could it be that he may have realized something and then did something to his phone for it to ping for last time in Huntington at 1:45? maybe he knew something about the phone and did not want anyone to know where he was?

A closet techie...so to speak. Possible.

Really?

I would say she has been embarrassed in a devastating way by many people online. Maybe she decided Facebook wasn't worth it.

So what you are saying is that the family would rather him remain "missing" than be shamed and humiliated for something he may have been involved in?

Yes. It must be something so embarrassing it is creating this veil of secrecy.

Only saying this because I was a 911 operator for almost 29 years and retired last year, family calls 911 when their family member does not come home by dinner time. I think she waited to long, imo. But people usually ask if there have been any auto accidents in the area.
BBM - I think - JMO - she called family / friends who were LE at this point, (by dinner time). Just speculation! = Those who might have been LE involved - would first check for accidents / hospital stays, etc. THEN - when that resulted in nothing, it was an official MP report (told IM to do so, or she did so on her own = contact LE + make a report) - 1am on June (now) the 15th. The fact that this MP report was received + ACTED UPON AT THAT TIME, rather than the usual "wait 24 hours, we don't take an official report until at least 24-72 hours, give it time" = I interpret this to mean there was either -
1) Reason to believe RM was in danger from 'others'.
Or -
2) Reason to believe RM was a danger to himself.
Or what? What reason would there be to take a MP report 10 hours after an adult was "expected" home?

Please move on, as we have stated previously, FB discussion is off-limits.

Sleep apnea, nervous energy, IM haunted by RM's face....
I think this is an assortment of pieces of many pies, put together as one pie.
I can't figure it out because nobody is told what pie it is. It's kinda like Mystery Meat in the lunchroom......it could be meatloaf for all I know.......
IMOO.
Or Spam! Or corned beef in a can :yuck:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/12/robert-mayer-missing_n_3915824.html
The actual quote was "haunted by the look on RM's face.
"In the scrap yard surveillance photo he looks like something is wrong. His looks worried and the look on his face haunts me," Ida Mayer said.
BBM - While all this talk of 'pie' makes me hungry for pecan pie... It irks me that this quote is taken out of context (no offense to you Treelights! I've seen it several times, just jumping off your post.). It was the "look" on his face not "his face" that haunts / haunted IM, JMO. When you have lived with someone this long, I take that (grain of salt included) to mean "something" was wrong or at the least out of the normal / unusual. JMO

What could possibly be SO bad?
I cannot think of anything that i couldn't deal with. That would be THAT unmanageable.
Something that i would NEED to keep hidden.
Life throws some harsh surprises...at everyone.

I cannot think of anything that i couldn't deal with. That would be THAT unmanageable.
Nothing. Period. IMO + JMO only of course.

Who said anything needed to be kept hidden? Maybe she just thinks people are jerks.

Unfortunately, that's true Mom. My friend just found out her hubby was fooling around with another guy. She's devastated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3