NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or Spam! Or corned beef in a can :yuck:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/12/robert-mayer-missing_n_3915824.html
The actual quote was "haunted by the look on RM's face.

BBM - While all this talk of 'pie' makes me hungry for pecan pie... It irks me that this quote is taken out of context (no offense to you Treelights! I've seen it several times, just jumping off your post.). It was the "look" on his face not "his face" that haunts / haunted IM, JMO. When you have lived with someone this long, I take that (grain of salt included) to mean "something" was wrong or at the least out of the normal / unusual. JMO

I understand what you mean, but the article's headline clearly states:

"Robert Mayer's Wife Say's Missing Husband's Face 'Haunts Me'"

so I was quoting(summarizing) the headline to this article in my previous post.
My intention was not to take it out of context, but summarize the headline.
IMOO.

BBM - I think - JMO - she called family / friends who were LE at this point, (by dinner time). Just speculation! = Those who might have been LE involved - would first check for accidents / hospital stays, etc. THEN - when that resulted in nothing, it was an official MP report (told IM to do so, or she did so on her own = contact LE + make a report) - 1am on June (now) the 15th. The fact that this MP report was received + ACTED UPON AT THAT TIME, rather than the usual "wait 24 hours, we don't take an official report until at least 24-72 hours, give it time" = I interpret this to mean there was either -
1) Reason to believe RM was in danger from 'others'.
Or -
2) Reason to believe RM was a danger to himself.
Or what? What reason would there be to take a MP report 10 hours after an adult was "expected" home?

At least in CT, that is a myth

http://www.ct.gov/post/lib/post/pdf...the_acceptance_of_missing_persons_reports.pdf

" It is an incorrect assumption that 24 hours, or any other
time frame, must pass before a law enforcement unit will
accept a missing person report. There is NO waiting period
for reporting a missing person. "

BBM - I think - JMO - she called family / friends who were LE at this point, (by dinner time). Just speculation! = Those who might have been LE involved - would first check for accidents / hospital stays, etc. THEN - when that resulted in nothing, it was an official MP report (told IM to do so, or she did so on her own = contact LE + make a report) - 1am on June (now) the 15th. The fact that this MP report was received + ACTED UPON AT THAT TIME, rather than the usual "wait 24 hours, we don't take an official report until at least 24-72 hours, give it time" = I interpret this to mean there was either -
1) Reason to believe RM was in danger from 'others'.
Or -
2) Reason to believe RM was a danger to himself.
Or what? What reason would there be to take a MP report 10 hours after an adult was "expected" home?

Nassau County and Suffolk never wait 24 hrs to make a missing person report.

Who said anything needed to be kept hidden? Maybe she just thinks people are jerks.

So because she thinks people are jerks...she is keeping everything quiet?
The longer it stays quiet, the less interest people will have and this case will just go cold(er).

So because she thinks people are jerks...she is keeping everything quiet?
The longer it stays quiet, the less interest people will have and this case will just go cold(er).

I am just saying it's not worth speculating she is hiding something, she just gave an interview to the Huff Post, for starters

So then everyone's efforts here are fruitless? Everyone's concern is discounted?

Maybe that is the point, curious.
Maybe if we get no crumbs, we will let up, lose interest.
Maybe that is the intention. IMO.

I tried to offer an explanation earlier but certain social media cannot be discussed.

If I were attacked / raked over the coals via social media, I wouldn't want it to continue. But that's just me. MOO

So better to let the case fizzle out...then to take some crap and spread the
Word? Not in my world.

So then everyone's efforts here are fruitless? Everyone's concern is discounted?

I wonder about that, and have thought about that for awhile actually.
I think she wants RM in the news, to get his attention, but not very much is being told, so I think at times YES, everyone's efforts here are fruitless, because otherwise more pertinent information would be out there to Help find him, but the crumbs, the crumbs lead people on a path to Keep his name in the news, and when it seems to slow down another crumb will be thrown....just enough to keep people talking again, but again very little will be known about RM, in my opinion.
As for everyone's concern discounted.....maybe that's not what she would feel, but everyone's efforts being fruitless, yes, that could be.
IMOO.

Could it be that he may have realized something and then did something to his phone for it to ping for last time in Huntington at 1:45? maybe he knew something about the phone and did not want anyone to know where he was?
A closet techie...so to speak. Possible.
What we know, or, think we know is -
RM's work cell phone LAST PINGED at 1:45pm on June 14th around Melville / Huntington area (10-15 minutes from Arrow, at the precise moment he would deviate from a logical route home from his jobsite). He was subsequently seen on cam inside Arrow at 2:15pm. (extra 10-15 minutes?) We were told his phone "went dead" at 2:45pm. Meanwhile there is a neighbor's cam that catches a piece of a red car arriving near the Mayer's residence about 2:41pm + leaving again at 2:50pm with IM arriving in her vehicle by 3pm. Something happened to that phone at 1:45pm, making it no longer "ping". Something or someone made that phone "go dead" at 2:45ish. What has been bothering me (aside from the location of "the club), is HOW does a phone ping at 1:45, go dead at 2:45, but have no pings in the hour gap? :waitasec:

RM's work cell phone LAST PINGED at 1:45pm on June 14th around Melville / Huntington area (10-15 minutes from Arrow, at the precise moment he would deviate from a logical route home from his jobsite). He was subsequently seen on cam inside Arrow at 2:15pm. (extra 10-15 minutes?) We were told his phone "went dead" at 2:45pm. Meanwhile there is a neighbor's cam that catches a piece of a red car arriving near the Mayer's residence about 2:41pm + leaving again at 2:50pm with IM arriving in her vehicle by 3pm. Something happened to that phone at 1:45pm, making it no longer "ping". Something or someone made that phone "go dead" at 2:45ish. What has been bothering me (aside from the location of "the club), is HOW does a phone ping at 1:45, go dead at 2:45, but have no pings in the hour gap? :waitasec:

There are park and rides in Melville/Huntington. If a car is parked there, is there service? This would certainly be a deviation of his route.

IMO, if you are not using your phone and you do not pass another tower, it will not ping. I did some extensive research and there is only one Verizon tower in that area, you have to go further east past Bay Shore/Brentwood area to hit another one.

I understand what you mean, but the article's headline clearly states:

"Robert Mayer's Wife Say's Missing Husband's Face 'Haunts Me'"

so I was quoting(summarizing) the headline to this article in my previous post.
My intention was not to take it out of context, but summarize the headline.
IMOO.
No problem, the headline is taken out of context, was my point! Sometimes these "reports" + "reporters" get on my last nerve.
:truce:

So better to let the case fizzle out...then to take some crap and spread the
Word? Not in my world.

That's not what I said. The case doesn't revolve around Facebook.

I'm not in her shoes so I can't judge. What I do know is there is no official manual with rules to follow when your loved one goes missing. You're pretty much thrown to the wolves. Not everyone can take what strangers bent on hate sling at you and let it roll off. She has granted interviews, she's not hiding.

Not everyone is concerned with finding Rob. Some are hellbent on carrying on their own agenda. I'm not saying this as personal toward anyone on this forum.

MOO

A closet techie...so to speak. Possible.

If I had to dispatch employees to different jobs ,I would give them a work phone that I can track. I would like to know when and where they are during the work day.

If I was the employee I would know out how to get around being tracked.

IMO, if you are not using your phone and you do not pass another tower, it will not ping. I did some extensive research and there is only one Verizon tower in that area, you have to go further east past Bay Shore/Brentwood area to hit another one.

would you happen to know how someone would find out when the phone went dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nirvanita55