NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
would you happen to know how someone would find out when the phone went dead?

I used to work at AT&T Wireless, course the network has improved greatly. All we could see was the last tower the phone pinged at and the last time used from our systems.

Course they may have had other, more in-depth systems that subpoenas were meant for.

I would agree Talula. The phone is pretty much in constant communication with the carrier.

I used to work at AT&T Wireless, course the network has improved greatly. All we could see was the last tower the phone pinged at and the last time used from our systems.

Course they may have had other, more in-depth systems that subpoenas were meant for.

What does this mean? That the phone went dead the last time it pinged? or you would need a subpoenas to find out?

would you happen to know how someone would find out when the phone went dead?

The only way you would know appoximately when the phone went dead is if there is a last call on there that ended at 2:45. When we turn a cell phone off, the incoming calls do not show up, only messages left at that time. That would be proof that the phone went dead at 2:45. No calls appearing, but messages left. We are missing a boatload full of details.

What does this mean? That the phone went dead the last time it pinged? or you would need a subpoenas to find out?

No, there would be a coded "location" which was the tower and a time of last use. When LE gets subpoenas, I'm sure they get more detailed info.

The only way you would know appoximately when the phone went dead is if there is a last call on there that ended at 2:45. When we turn a cell phone off, the incoming calls do not show up, only messages left at that time. That would be proof that the phone went dead at 2:45. No calls appearing, but messages left. We are missing a boatload full of details.

So the last call ended at 2:45? would you need the phone to know that

So because she thinks people are jerks...she is keeping everything quiet?
The longer it stays quiet, the less interest people will have and this case will just go cold(er).

As pointed out, IM has not been 'quiet' but she decided to take a different route and attitude. There are certainly a lot that may be going on behind the scenes that were aren't privy to. There are a lot of cases, the barely get any media exposure and families end up relying on LE. If there is nothing new to report then there is nothing new to report.

So the last call ended at 2:45? would you need the phone to know that

No, but I am sure his phone records were examined immediately to see who he spoke with last. You can do this on-line without waiting for the bill to come. There will be a call with minutes on it indicitive of a conversation. The missed calls will only be seconds long unless someone left a long message. Maybe the wife called him at 2:45 and it went right to voice mail. Saying she was on her way home from the parents house, thus giving the police a "known time" that the phone was off.

That's true too, you could tell that the voicemails came in but not the call, if you had the phone itself. We are told that the Mayer family and police did not have Rob's phone for approx one week. The statement was made from the beginning, IIRC, about the time the phone went dead....so to me that means it was conclusion was gained solely off of cell carrier evidence obtained by LE. Cell carriers can tell the customer's wife only so much, esp when it is a corporate owned phone. So that leads me to believe these are LE obtained facts. When they have a subpoena they get much more technical detail than customer service would have anyhow. Cust Serv can see how a call was terminated, for example (such as powered down or went dead or dropped call), they can see what tower the phone is currently pinging off of, but not pings before and after that moment, which can only be called up with a subpoena, not by an everyday customer.

I don't believe that is true. I believe the phone will ping when being turned off or going dead. It doesn't have to be in use.

As pointed out, IM has not been 'quiet' but she decided to take a different route and attitude. There are certainly a lot that may be going on behind the scenes that were aren't privy to. There are a lot of cases, the barely get any media exposure and families end up relying on LE. If there is nothing new to report then there is nothing new to report.

I wish I had the ability to simply accept things for what they appear to be on the surface. I definitely would save myself a ton of hours spent on WS.

When I worked there, our training manuals said 48 hours.

Thanks I was not sure. IM must have had that done pretty quick for her to know that the phone went dead at 2:45 2 days after RM went missing. I was not sure how she would have known so quickly. Originally I thought it was because she called and it went directly to voice mail, but she stated she did not start calling until 4:45.

That's true too, you could tell that the voicemails came in but not the call, if you had the phone itself. We are told that the Mayer family and police did not have Rob's phone for approx one week. The statement was made from the beginning, IIRC, about the time the phone went dead....so to me that means it was conclusion was gained solely off of cell carrier evidence obtained by LE. Cell carriers can tell the customer's wife only so much, esp when it is a corporate owned phone. So that leads me to believe these are LE obtained facts. When they have a subpoena they get much more technical detail than customer service would have anyhow. Cust Serv can see how a call was terminated, for example (such as powered down or went dead or dropped call), they can see what tower the phone is currently pinging off of, but not pings before and after that moment, which can only be called up with a subpoena, not by an everyday customer.

.....Jinx

IIRC IM, herself, was quite frustrated that not enough was being done
To bring the investigation further along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth