NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt mean RI specifically. If he could be seen anywhere, that would be great. I have only heard of two possible sightings and RI wasnt one of them.

I misunderstood your post, my apologies.

Unless there is an MSM report about one's sexual orientation, we're not going to discuss that here. This isn't the Jerry Springer show.

Websleuths isn't about starting rumors and gossip. It's about discussing cases based on fact. Let's get back on track now.

Good Morning Everyone! I am glad the thread is back open.
I really thought we lost it for good This time......
Where are you Robert Mayer?
IMOO.

BBM - I think - JMO - she called family / friends who were LE at this point, (by dinner time). Just speculation! = Those who might have been LE involved - would first check for accidents / hospital stays, etc. THEN - when that resulted in nothing, it was an official MP report (told IM to do so, or she did so on her own = contact LE + make a report) - 1am on June (now) the 15th. The fact that this MP report was received + ACTED UPON AT THAT TIME, rather than the usual "wait 24 hours, we don't take an official report until at least 24-72 hours, give it time" = I interpret this to mean there was either -
1) Reason to believe RM was in danger from 'others'.
Or -
2) Reason to believe RM was a danger to himself.
Or what? What reason would there be to take a MP report 10 hours after an adult was "expected" home?

Professional Courtesy to the LE family member?:twocents:

JMO but if I thought my husband left me I wouldn't be doing any vigils. If I thought he was or had been in danger, I would. MOO

Last call from IM to RM at 4:45. She says it went to vm immediately. So perhaps at 2:40, he pulled into garage, turned phone off and put in drawer at 2:45, left again at 2:50. IM comes home and has no idea he has been there at all. Or maybe some gangster was waiting for him, binds and gags him, cleanly takes his cell phone and powers it down, neatly putting it in a drawer so no one can trace it to him. Either way, it appears IM came home and was none the wiser.

That makes sense about the phone. I just was not sure how often a phone pings and how you would know it went dead a certain time. An hour went by between the last phone ping and the phone going dead. IM knew the phone went dead at 2:45 as early as Father's Day. 2:45- 3:00 is usually the time he is expected home from work. The neighbors video confirms that he came home at his usual time.
We are just not sure if it was normal for him to shut the phone off at the end of the day or work week.

JMO but if I thought my husband left me I wouldn't be doing any vigils. If I thought he was or had been in danger, I would. MOO

Really? JMOO if you believe in vigils, wouldnt you do it no matter what you thought..just in case you were wrong. Also, what if you didnt believe in public displays like that and just did your own vigils amonst family? JMOO but some people are really Private about their grief.

Since the flyers were done early on in this case, it would be great if they were revised to include some facts like prefers Starbucks coffee, likes Burger King, enjoys the seashore... tidbits like that would seem to help

Or Spam! Or corned beef in a can :yuck:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/12/robert-mayer-missing_n_3915824.html
The actual quote was "haunted by the look on RM's face.

BBM - While all this talk of 'pie' makes me hungry for pecan pie... It irks me that this quote is taken out of context (no offense to you Treelights! I've seen it several times, just jumping off your post.). It was the "look" on his face not "his face" that haunts / haunted IM, JMO. When you have lived with someone this long, I take that (grain of salt included) to mean "something" was wrong or at the least out of the normal / unusual. JMO

I don't really make a distinction between 'his face' and 'the look on his face'. It's usually an expression that is haunting, not just the collection of eyes, nose and mouth, yes?

I'm convinced of the possibility that, if the video quality is poor and memories being what they are and the tendency of humans to look for familiar things in random patterns, she might (unwittingly) be seeing something in the image that isn't necessarily there. :twocents: If we could see a still from the video, we might know for sure.

tcg

Oh I most certainly don't, usually. I will gather facts and begin there. Relevent facts will lead in one direction or another.For example, I simply can't go on a recent assumption that RM frequented a strip club because it was in the vicinity of the scrap yard. It's not plausible to me, because nothing in Rob's life speaks of that. So that is where I operate and think from, available facts and not fictional proposals.

I think much like you with the exception that I keep some plausible outlier theories off to the side so that if one of them turns out to be true, I learn from the experience and have notes to refer back to on future cases with the same circumstances. I like to do a "post mortem" on more interesting cases when solved as a learning tool. Sort of a "Sleuthing for Dummies" if you will. I did the same thing for the SAR cases I worked.

Since the flyers were done early on in this case, it would be great if they were revised to include some facts like prefers Starbucks coffee, likes Burger King, enjoys the seashore... tidbits like that would seem to help

And try to post them in Starbucks, Burger King and at shore points......

And try to post them in Starbucks, Burger King and at shore points......
They wouldn't allow it, I'm sure. My point is if they are going to post flyers whether it be online or actually hanging somewhere, have some pertinent information on it that might point people in some direction rather than just a tall guy possibly in RayBans.

I agree about things like the 'strip club' that have just been thrown out there - it's just such a random and distracting thing to speculate about. I mean, my theories in this case have taken me from a possible affair, to his leaving simply to start over, to being a random victim of a carjacking type of crime, to suicide, to a paid hit. Those theories are all over the place for sure, but what we know doesn't seem to perfectly add up to any one of those!

It's like if I went missing and everyone started speculating that I was doing business as a prostitute at the seedy motel right around the corner from me. (I live in Oakland - these crappy motels are still around, even in some otherwise decent neighborhoods like mine.) All people would have to do was look at a map and go, "Wow, there's this not-so-great place RIGHT near her house," and start sleuthing away. Not that strip clubs even compare - just about everyone I know has been to a strip club at least once. But RM just doesn't seem to fit that 'type'. And even if he had been there, I doubt it was a regular thing. Some of these tangents people go on can be distracting from the actual facts of a case.

I think the only relevance the strip club Cherry Bombs has is the possibility that their cameras may have picked up on his car and if he had a passenger as he drove past there on the way to or from Arrow.

Ok this one is way out there. We are told the last ping was at 1:45 and that he was at Arrow at 2:15. It shouldn't take that long to get to Arrow. What if... RM went towards home BEFORE Arrow but picked up IM at her parents. Earlier in the day IM had her parents drive their car while she drove her own to the Deer Park station. Then she goes back to her parents house. RM picks her up at parents and they go together to Arrow, then go back home. While RM goes inside to drop off things, IM gets in drivers seat, moving the seat up. They then drive to DP station, IM gets in her car, RM either gets on train or is picked up. IM would make it home from train station a little after 3. In this scenario, he is either going to rehab, into a protection program or getting away from whoever is after him.
Just another thought

Ok this one is way out there. We are told the last ping was at 1:45 and that he was at Arrow at 2:15. It shouldn't take that long to get to Arrow. What if... RM went towards home BEFORE Arrow but picked up IM at her parents. Earlier in the day IM had her parents drive their car while she drove her own to the Deer Park station. Then she goes back to her parents house. RM picks her up at parents and they go together to Arrow, then go back home. While RM goes inside to drop off things, IM gets in drivers seat, moving the seat up. They then drive to DP station, IM gets in her car, RM either gets on train or is picked up. IM would make it home from train station a little after 3. In this scenario, he is either going to rehab, into a protection program or getting away from whoever is after him.
Just another thought

I know where you are coming from, Tea, but I just can't grasp it.

I was not aware that a phone can be located when it is off, as there is no signal transmitted. I will take your word for it, but when my son lost his iphone, I was able to locate it up until it went dead. Then I could not locate it anymore with the iphone app to locate a missing phone. I was under the impression the tower would not be able to find it either.

It is useless when it is dead. It doesn't ping. In fact, many cold cases would be solved if those dead cell phones still pinged. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3