NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. I am an Army Brat, so 02:50 means Two Fifty AM.
14:50 means 2:50PM, or plain old 2:50pm.
I know mistakes happen....
IMOO.

Ok this one is way out there. We are told the last ping was at 1:45 and that he was at Arrow at 2:15. It shouldn't take that long to get to Arrow. What if... RM went towards home BEFORE Arrow but picked up IM at her parents. Earlier in the day IM had her parents drive their car while she drove her own to the Deer Park station. Then she goes back to her parents house. RM picks her up at parents and they go together to Arrow, then go back home. While RM goes inside to drop off things, IM gets in drivers seat, moving the seat up. They then drive to DP station, IM gets in her car, RM either gets on train or is picked up. IM would make it home from train station a little after 3. In this scenario, he is either going to rehab, into a protection program or getting away from whoever is after him.
Just another thought

I have been thinking g this was a total setup! Everything planned!

Do you know of any reason RM would be in RI that someone would see him there? Ironically enough, Hasn't RI been brought up in previous threads regarding RM?

I brought it up, because of a quick "people search" on several of the "people search" sites listed Warwick, RI as a possible place he lived or had some connection. However, those sites are notorious for errors. RM may have no ties to Rhode Island. Wish I knew if he had any connection to that area, because I think he would move to an area he was familiar with—but far away enough from home.

JMO

But why report him missing?

She thought he would come running right home and thisngs would go back to normal'?

I think so too---shame him, make him feel guilty---lol--Maybe she thought a bunch of women would stand around him shaking their fingers

Hello all - I've been reading for awhile, and just joined. I live on LI in the same township as Dix Hills. I've been asking people I know IRL what they think about RM being missing for three months....and with a few exceptions most haven't even heard about him! It's very odd.

Electrician tools....so valuable, it wouldn't make sense to scrap them. My sister was married to a union electrician and I've heard enough stories of tools stolen from jobsites and locked vans that I would have a hard time understanding if RM didn't have them locked up at home.

Suehoo---welcome!!!
I wonder if the tools could be sold for scrap--maybe they were sold on EBAY or donated. Since most of RM's valuables (wallet, phone) were found in the garage "where he usually left them" them, logic follows that he would leave tools there. LOL--I question it (which I do from time to time--ask a question-lol). I think he has them in his possession or he sold/donated them. Maybe left them for some of the guys on the job.

Interesting. I am an Army Brat, so 02:50 means Two Fifty AM.
14:50 means 2:50PM, or plain old 2:50pm.
I know mistakes happen....
IMOO.

Suehoo---welcome!!!
I wonder if the tools could be sold for scrap--maybe they were sold on EBAY or donated. Since most of RM's valuables (wallet, phone) were found in the garage "where he usually left them" them, logic follows that he would leave tools there. LOL--I question it (which I do from time to time--ask a question-lol). I think he has them in his possession or he sold/donated them. Maybe left them for some of the guys on the job.

Maybe the tools are in his garage.
Everything else has been found in there.

I am new to posting but I have been with you all since the very beginning. It's been a long 3 months and 9 long threads with the Mayer's. I just want to say I think you all are great!
There are a couple of things that have not been sitting right with me from the start and I am sure you all know how I feel LOL. I went back and started to re-read some of the older threads but I can't seem to find what I am looking for. I was wondering if we ever found out how IM knew that RM's phone was shut off at 2:45 pm.

Welcome BemusedinNYC---that info may have come to WS via the Voldemort-place we do not speak of (lol--some of the FB crazy)

We discussed this at the beginning of the case and decided this was a typo - am instead of pm. However, I always wondered if there was an argument and he left in the middle of the night -that's only 2 hours earlier than she says he left (4:30 am). I also wonder is there are 2 video tapes. One checked right away that showed the car passing that NCNY disclosed; and then others checked by LE showed the one of the driveway. :twocents:

I'd like to know what the neighbors camera caught for the week-----and if any knew of the neighbors security camera.

I didnt mean RI specifically. If he could be seen anywhere, that would be great. I have only heard of two possible sightings and RI wasnt one of them.

Where were the sightings?

I keep getting away from this case and then coming back, hoping for new details, etc. So far, nothing. :(

Who said anything needed to be kept hidden? Maybe she just thinks people are jerks.

Maybe its not RM but a possible "other individual" or "an activity being engaged in".................and its about protecting the innocents--Mom and the kids

I guess I am a little more inclined to think like Force 10. I tend to be very pragmatic, and have a hard time putting what many call "far fetched" theories out there. I do like to stick to facts, and there are certainly very few in this case, as we all know. Maybe being a "web sleuth" is not my forte?? I still feel that whatever happened to RM, the "facts" will determine that it was a fairly uncomplicated event (I am not ruling out the criminal aspect). That is to say, even if he were killed, I think the reason will not be that uncommon - be it money, drugs, affair, etc. That's just how I feel, and what I believe, at this point. I don't think anything was staged, but just that we know so little, nothing makes sense. Just cause we don't know the true facts doesn't mean they don't exist. IMO

I brought it up, because of a quick "people search" on several of the "people search" sites listed Warwick, RI as a possible place he lived or had some connection. However, those sites are notorious for errors. RM may have no ties to Rhode Island. Wish I knew if he had any connection to that area, because I think he would move to an area he was familiar with—but far away enough from home.

JMO

I think he had some connection to Warwick, RI or it would not show up along with every family member he ever lived with. I wonder if that person he was secretly texting, that NCNY talked about, lives in Rhode Island, and maybe RM was getting some mail sent up there, like for a cell phone IM did not know about. NCNY comes on here but he does not post. Can you come back NCNY and and clue us in on some things? Seems the only facts we got were from NCNY.

I think he had some connection to Warwick, RI or it would not show up along with every family member he ever lived with. I wonder if that person he was secretly texting, that NCNY talked about, lives in Rhode Island, and maybe RM was getting some mail sent up there, like for a cell phone IM did not know about. NCNY comes on here but he does not post. Can you come back NCNY and and clue us in on some things? Seems the only facts we got were from NCNY.

When I searched through peoplefinders.com not only did it show Warwick RI, but it also has his age as 76. These sites have a lot of incorrect info.

Just FYI ....I put my own name in and it showed a lot of in-laws that are not related to me anymore....my kids...and my ex was on the show more relatives list.....and here's the kicker (for those of you who think he is connected to RI) ...... it says I lived in a town 15 miles away .....and I have never lived there.

Just FYI ....I put my own name in and it showed a lot of in-laws that are not related to me anymore....my kids...and my ex was on the show more relatives list.....and here's the kicker (for those of you who think he is connected to RI) ...... it says I lived in a town 15 miles away .....and I have never lived there.

No one is saying he lived in RI or had any connection there. We just don't know.

Your ex will be listed as a possible relative, because you had a financial history with him or shared the same address. His relatives are listed, because he is probably connected to a common address from the past (his parents?). The people finder sites are databases of mortgage, deeds, loan, tax, address, etc. info from the past and some from the present. I do agree there are mistakes. One has to buy the report to sort it out.

JMO

Someone mentioned that we do not know hat happened between 2:50 and 1:00 A.M. Maybe our timeline is throwing us off and leading us nowhere. What took place between 2:50 P.M. and 1:00 A.M.? Maybe he went missing after 2:50 P.M.. A carefully planned out hit, so clean that it looks like he took off. His wallet, phone and cash are placed back where they should be. Or were they? The phone was found a week later. Three years from now life insurance payment free and clear.

BBM
I've been reading for a while.. This has stuck with me and prompted me to post..
I have gotten the idea into my head that a husband/father missing for 3 years and being declared dead is better than an actually dead husband/father...
Say he (or she) has done something to the wrong person. He is in danger, his life is in danger... To spare the family his actual death, they hatch a plan that he disappears for three years, no leads, no clues. Eventually he is declared dead, life insurance is paid. She either walks away from the house (which she may have stopped making payments on at some point in the three years) or she sells the house - bad memories and all.... Then they meet up in the prearranged place and live out their golden years. The kids are robbed of three years of they family life but they all end up together somewhere in the end...
Being an Electrician and seemingly a handy guy, he gets a job in construction somewhere - wherever, until the three years are up.... Off the books of course... Its not like anyone from any other town somewhere he went is going to recognize him, there is barely any local coverage no less national..
Maybe I watch too much TV but it does seem like an option...

Just thought I would share this web site as many are still under the misconception that you have to wait 24 hrs before reporting a missing adult. That is just a myth perpetrated by tv shows... http://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/2012/09/5-things-to-know-about-missing-persons-reports.html

It also answers a question many have asked about whether or not the person filing the report would be told where the missing person is if they are found...

I do believe LE did have people wait for 24 hours or more to report missing people in the past, but after many cases that turned out bad (found dead from homicide or accident), they have loosen this. It is sad to read stories from the past where people could have been saved from horrible fates, if only LE treated it seriously from the start. LE looks for children right away now. In the past, they had a waiting period in some places. JMO

BBM
I've been reading for a while.. This has stuck with me and prompted me to post..
I have gotten the idea into my head that a husband/father missing for 3 years and being declared dead is better than an actually dead husband/father...
Say he (or she) has done something to the wrong person. He is in danger, his life is in danger... To spare the family his actual death, they hatch a plan that he disappears for three years, no leads, no clues. Eventually he is declared dead, life insurance is paid. She either walks away from the house (which she may have stopped making payments on at some point in the three years) or she sells the house - bad memories and all.... Then they meet up in the prearranged place and live out their golden years. The kids are robbed of three years of they family life but they all end up together somewhere in the end...
Being an Electrician and seemingly a handy guy, he gets a job in construction somewhere - wherever, until the three years are up.... Off the books of course... Its not like anyone from any other town somewhere he went is going to recognize him, there is barely any local coverage no less national..
Maybe I watch too much TV but it does seem like an option...

Yes, but why put your children thru something like that? Are there no other options available??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne