NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe that is true. I believe the phone will ping when being turned off or going dead. It doesn't have to be in use.

I was not aware that a phone can be located when it is off, as there is no signal transmitted. I will take your word for it, but when my son lost his iphone, I was able to locate it up until it went dead. Then I could not locate it anymore with the iphone app to locate a missing phone. I was under the impression the tower would not be able to find it either.

I was not aware that a phone can be located when it is off, as there is no signal transmitted. I will take your word for it, but when my son lost his iphone, I was able to locate it up until it went dead. Then I could not locate it anymore with the iphone app to locate a missing phone. I was under the impression the tower would not be able to find it either.

You are correct. And I think Force 10 meant it could transmit as it was turning off, which is also true.

That's true too, you could tell that the voicemails came in but not the call, if you had the phone itself. We are told that the Mayer family and police did not have Rob's phone for approx one week. The statement was made from the beginning, IIRC, about the time the phone went dead....so to me that means it was conclusion was gained solely off of cell carrier evidence obtained by LE. Cell carriers can tell the customer's wife only so much, esp when it is a corporate owned phone. So that leads me to believe these are LE obtained facts. When they have a subpoena they get much more technical detail than customer service would have anyhow. Cust Serv can see how a call was terminated, for example (such as powered down or went dead or dropped call), they can see what tower the phone is currently pinging off of, but not pings before and after that moment, which can only be called up with a subpoena, not by an everyday customer.

Just find it odd that a week later the neighbors video comes out showing RM's car near or in the driveway 2:40 at the same time IM called 2:45 and the phone went dead and the guy goes missing.

I wish I had the ability to simply accept things for what they appear to be on the surface. I definitely would save myself a ton of hours spent on WS.

Oh I most certainly don't, usually. I will gather facts and begin there. Relevent facts will lead in one direction or another.For example, I simply can't go on a recent assumption that RM frequented a strip club because it was in the vicinity of the scrap yard. It's not plausible to me, because nothing in Rob's life speaks of that. So that is where I operate and think from, available facts and not fictional proposals.

There are park and rides in Melville/Huntington. If a car is parked there, is there service? This would certainly be a deviation of his route.

There is one off exit 49 on the LIE. would that ping huntington?

Just find it odd that a week later the neighbors video comes out showing RM's car near or in the driveway 2:40 at the same time IM called 2:45 and the phone went dead and the guy goes missing.

Last call from IM to RM at 4:45. She says it went to vm immediately. So perhaps at 2:40, he pulled into garage, turned phone off and put in drawer at 2:45, left again at 2:50. IM comes home and has no idea he has been there at all. Or maybe some gangster was waiting for him, binds and gags him, cleanly takes his cell phone and powers it down, neatly putting it in a drawer so no one can trace it to him. Either way, it appears IM came home and was none the wiser.

There is one off exit 49 on the LIE. would that ping huntington?

If you read deeply into phone pings and towers, they can be thrown off by as much as 30 miles depending on interference. Anyone who drives right in this area of exits 51-53 knows that area wreaks havoc on your radio stations. Maybe it can throw off a cell phone ping?

Park and rides----Also one on the corner of Commack Rd and the LIE. (Exit 52, middle of interference zone) Not sure how this helps the ping theory but just thinking out loud---it's a stone's throw from the Mayer's home. And only maybe 2 miles from Deer Park Train Station. All three places can be easily driven in 10 minutes of each other.

<modsnip>

Last call from IM to RM at 4:45. She says it went to vm immediately. So perhaps at 2:40, he pulled into garage, turned phone off and put in drawer at 2:45, left again at 2:50. IM comes home and has no idea he has been there at all. Or maybe some gangster was waiting for him, binds and gags him, cleanly takes his cell phone and powers it down, neatly putting it in a drawer so no one can trace it to him. Either way, it appears IM came home and was none the wiser.

I think your on to something....and the that big gangster guy drove RM's car to the train station, locked it up so it wouldn't be stolen and parked it in a nice visible spot so it would be found the next day by RM's family member.

OK ..maybe I am exaggerating a he wasn't that big because the car seat was moved up.

Interesting...Man was located after having been missing since May...and this is how it appeared in the press. IMO the same thing would happen if they had found RM.

Read More at: http://www.cbs6albany.com/news/feat...ice-looking-man-missing-since-may-10942.shtml

Sadly, the difference here is the article infers he was found a few hours after POLICE released information about him to the public This has not happened in this case. We can pray it does happen ASAP and the Mayer's children will have their dad back alive and well!

Do you know of any reason RM would be in RI that someone would see him there? Ironically enough, Hasn't RI been brought up in previous threads regarding RM?

Yes. His name came up in Warwick, RI when someone here did
A people search.

Those "park n rides" are known to be shady for several reasons.
It is a known spot for men to...meet.
Another, it is usually quiet and serves as an undisturbed drug dealing spot.
Anyone who lives near one (i live between two) knows to steer clear.
Also, no cameras at either.

The park and ride, Mayer house, and train station form a perfect triangle, all very close to each other. No problem in getting from one to the other, in 10 minutes.

So now I start thinking of the homosexual angle, the drug angle, the mob angle, the proximity of these places to each other, no cameras at either one, no scent at the train station, and whatever else we have, it certainly can tie in together.....but how?

Do you know of any reason RM would be in RI that someone would see him there? Ironically enough, Hasn't RI been brought up in previous threads regarding RM?

I didnt mean RI specifically. If he could be seen anywhere, that would be great. I have only heard of two possible sightings and RI wasnt one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne