NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the last posts on the last thread. The car was locked. That is a big sign that someone who owned the vehicle was with it last.

I never thought much of the police holding the car, but lets think. What are reasons that they would keep it. 1) If it was used in the commission of a crime. 2) only release to owner and they have been in contact with him 3) back taxes/fines owed? Anything else?

And ps IMO, arrow scrape yard is not some underground business. They've been around a long time and are reputable as far as I know.

Also, with the car being locked, and the keys no where to be found...It's as if the car was Not supposed to be stolen, but to be Seen and consequently be found; the items of the wallet, phone, money were not supposed to be stolen or found by others, but to be Seen or Found by the occupant(s) of the house.
This is purely a theory and in no way a fact, as it is in the realms of My Opinion Only.

I'm sad that he hasn't been found, but I'm glad that so many other people are as baffled by this case as I am. Here we are on thread 9, and no closer to knowing anything. All of the pieces of evidence seem to contradict one another, and personally, I STILL can't form an opinion about whether he left of his own accord for whatever reason(s), or was a victim of a crime. I'm still back and forth between three 'guesses' that I wrote earlier. Truly strange.

Well, in the case of Ray Gricar, who vanished in a similar fashion to Robert, it has been nearly eight and half years and no one is any closer to knowing if he left on his own, was murdered, or if he is alive and living under a new name. So sometimes these cases go on forever.

I'm having a sick feeling we'll be in the hundreds on threads and still only know what is pieced out to us monthly. That will be sad.

I'm having a sick feeling we'll be in the hundreds on threads and still only know what is pieced out to us monthly. That will be sad.

Well unfortunately the threads will more likely will just tail off to nothingness with any occasional "bump" to bring it back to the forefront every so often.

Well unfortunately the threads will more likely will just tail off to nothingness with any occasional "bump" to bring it back to the forefront every so often.

Looks like we are headed in that direction.
:HHJP:

Just a question for you guys.....Yesterday, when I checked the website provided by xheraldina, www.homesnap,com, I could SWEAR that it indicated that before the house was s put in RM's name, that it had been sold to IM & RM by sellers that I guessed to be her parents (AFAIR, the name D'Angelo, not Ida, was one of the names listed as the seller.) I cannot NOW find that part of the webpage, but I know what I saw! Does anyone recall seeing that? My point is that with all this discussion of RM being in dire financial straits, maybe there is lots of family money to go around, and money wasn't as big an issue as we might think. Maybe the house was gifted, with a very small or no mortgage. I know there are plenty of other kinds of expenses, but maybe with family help... Of course, I know nothing for sure, and I know that the homesnap website had some inaccurate details, so...this may all mean nothing!

Just a question for you guys.....Yesterday, when I checked the website provided by xheraldina, www.homesnap,com, I could SWEAR that it indicated that before the house was s put in RM's name, that it had been sold to IM & RM by sellers that I guessed to be her parents (AFAIR, the name D'Angelo, not Ida, was one of the names listed as the seller.) I cannot NOW find that part of the webpage, but I know what I saw! Does anyone recall seeing that? My point is that with all this discussion of RM being in dire financial straits, maybe there is lots of family money to go around, and money wasn't as big an issue as we might think. Maybe the house was gifted, with a very small or no mortgage. I know there are plenty of other kinds of expenses, but maybe with family help... Of course, I know nothing for sure, and I know that the homesnap website had some inaccurate details, so...this may all mean nothing!

http://longisland.blockshopper.com/property/47-26-89-284-000-0300-158-000-0000/23_leroy

Is this the particular link you were looking for for that info?

IMOO.

So if he came home + put his things away in their usual weekend spot, then - Where on earth are his lunch pail + tools?

It would be A HUGE CRUMB if SOMEONE could let us know if his tools were found on the jobsite locked in a lockbox that contractors will often use if they are working somewhere for a period of time. This way they dont have to load/unload every morning and night.

If in fact they were, I am back to my theory that this was just another day in the life of RM until after he leaves work. If we know he cared enough to put his tools away and lock them up properly, one could deduce he had intentions of coming back to work on Monday morning.

As many have said...if you're planning on walking away, why bother going to work at all?
I dont buy the voluntary walk away theory. I dont buy everything is just hunky dory with the family either. I dont buy foul random foul play.

I DO buy a PROFESSIONAL act of foul play. I DO buy a drug deal gone bad(whether he is a buyer or seller). There is also the possibility he was set up and was the fall guy for something.

It would be A HUGE CRUMB if SOMEONE could let us know if his tools were found on the jobsite locked in a lockbox that contractors will often use if they are working somewhere for a period of time. This way they dont have to load/unload every morning and night.

If in fact they were, I am back to my theory that this was just another day in the life of RM until after he leaves work. If we know he cared enough to put his tools away and lock them up properly, one could deduce he had intentions of coming back to work on Monday morning.

As many have said...if you're planning on walking away, why bother going to work at all?
I dont buy the voluntary walk away theory. I dont buy everything is just hunky dory with the family either. I dont buy foul random foul play.

I DO buy a PROFESSIONAL act of foul play. I DO buy a drug deal gone bad(whether he is a buyer or seller). There is also the possibility he was set up and was the fall guy for something.
:winner:
Excellent post Jerry. I sat here nodding my head, yup, yup, yup.

Based on the information we've been given, I agree 100%

Yes, thank you. I guess I mixed up the 2 websites. LL IM & another family member (mother, father?, someone else?) originally purchased the house together?? Does that mean ANYTHING???? Prob not!

Moving assets in and out of certain people's names is a prudent way of sheltering these assets from creditors of some sort, or other financial reasons. You can "bet the house" that ownership of these properties was purposely shifted around for protection purposes.

A good lawyer/accountant will advise you on how to move these things for estate planning purposes, or if you feel that these properties may be seized in someway.

He could have left that house alive!
He could have gone out on his bike for all we know!

Someone could have made him leave alive in his car and put him in another car!

Were they robbed?
Robbed of something they cant say was taken? (money)

Maybe the Tony Soprano Stash is Missing!

Someone mentioned that we do not know hat happened between 2:50 and 1:00 A.M. Maybe our timeline is throwing us off and leading us nowhere. What took place between 2:50 P.M. and 1:00 A.M.? Maybe he went missing after 2:50 P.M.. A carefully planned out hit, so clean that it looks like he took off. His wallet, phone and cash are placed back where they should be. Or were they? The phone was found a week later. Three years from now life insurance payment free and clear.

Maybe the Tony Soprano Stash is Missing!

I've noticed many facetious posts in response to those that have theories that there may have been more of a professional tactic used in this case. Is this just for humor or do a lot of people really believe that this scenario is too outlandish? Just wondering where people stand.

I've noticed many facetious posts in response to those that have theories that there may have been more of a professional tactic used in this case. Is this just for humor or do a lot of people really believe that this scenario is too outlandish? Just wondering where people stand.

Put simply-----if foul play was involved, I think most would agree its just too clean to be random. That's why we keep referring to things such as "a professional hit".

Alot of info is being withheld for fear of opening a can of worms in my opinion and a hit is not outlandish and not considered a joke. When I see someone with less than 100,000 per year income paying 20,000 per year in real estate taxes it tells me there is some other money being hidden or funnelled into the household.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston