NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all!!!!!

First question--not sure if we covered it--The neighbor's security camera--was the tape looked to see what occurred the prior day?? What time did RM leave the Thursday and what time did he arrive home? Same for IM--what time did she leave and come home?
What time did RM leave that Friday morning???

Was it possible RM was suffering a nervous breakdown? One thing, his co-workers would have noticed him acting odd.

Possible McSpy----pressure of job, money, life, getting older or a chemical imbalance in his body.

Interesting thing you reminded me of------Arrow guy said RM was "well-composed". IM said from what she saw of the video--RM looked "worried"
I'd think the Arrow guy would remember a customer who was always well-composed being out of character (i.e., "worried")
And how did RM bring scrap? Was it in a box, in a bucket, loose????

How many times has LE been to Arrow for a chat??????

So if he came home + put his things away in their usual weekend spot, then - Where on earth are his lunch pail + tools?

where is the broken record Smiley Face???? Am fixating on that garage--I find it an odd place to leave important things like a wallet and a work phone (that should be on a charger and ready to use b/c well...its a work phone).
Is the garage that secure? To my view it doesn't look it----maybe its me........

Just a question for you guys.....Yesterday, when I checked the website provided by xheraldina, www.homesnap,com, I could SWEAR that it indicated that before the house was s put in RM's name, that it had been sold to IM & RM by sellers that I guessed to be her parents (AFAIR, the name D'Angelo, not Ida, was one of the names listed as the seller.) I cannot NOW find that part of the webpage, but I know what I saw! Does anyone recall seeing that? My point is that with all this discussion of RM being in dire financial straits, maybe there is lots of family money to go around, and money wasn't as big an issue as we might think. Maybe the house was gifted, with a very small or no mortgage. I know there are plenty of other kinds of expenses, but maybe with family help... Of course, I know nothing for sure, and I know that the homesnap website had some inaccurate details, so...this may all mean nothing!

I saw it too SkyAutumn--house put in RM's name about 2007

Morning all!!!!!

First question--not sure if we covered it--The neighbor's security camera--was the tape looked to see what occurred the prior day?? What time did RM leave the Thursday and what time did he arrive home? Same for IM--what time did she leave and come home?
What time did RM leave that Friday morning???

Yes Id like to know if they saw his car leave at the time Ida said he left!

I've noticed many facetious posts in response to those that have theories that there may have been more of a professional tactic used in this case. Is this just for humor or do a lot of people really believe that this scenario is too outlandish? Just wondering where people stand.

Skyshell---------we have posited alot of theories here. Speaking for myself---I have entertained 20 "possibles" and have two that I am feeling strongly about.

Back on Thread 2 or 3 IIRC it was noticed that "its too clean" the disappearance. It leads one to think that it's a professional job--OC, or even FBI.

Born2---your post at 76----sorry!! Did not mean to duplicate!!!!!

where is the broken record Smiley Face???? Am fixating on that garage--I find it an odd place to leave important things like a wallet and a work phone (that should be on a charger and ready to use b/c well...its a work phone).
Is the garage that secure? To my view it doesn't look it----maybe its me........

I think its safe and Its probably HIS SPACE!
He knows where he leave them and isn't looking around for it. Hey has anyone seen my keys! lol
No one to go thru his things.

Im sure he leaves his keys there with them!

why would a man leave the house without his wallet or phone?

emergency?

Hey your wife was just in an accident or your kids?
To me that is the only reason to leave home withought your wallet or phone
your not thinking and just rush out.

Now on this video was he in a hurry?

My mind is boggled on this one folks
he ran away
no he didn't
yes he did
no he killed himself
no he didn't
yes he did
naaaaaa
someone killed him
yea!!!!!

I have been on a project at work and just jumped back in here....

Anything new and verifiable (without reading 9 pages) or are we still sleuthing the same information?

I saw something a few posts back about the search that was performed as being more extensive than previously thought?

Like the case I am working on here in PA, I suspect that when we have a cold snap that kills off the bugs, ticks and green vegetation, the area would be much easier to search and a helicopter would be much more effective at low altitude.

I have been on a project at work and just jumped back in here....

Anything new and verifiable (without reading 9 pages) or are we still sleuthing the same information?

I saw something a few posts back about the search that was performed as being more extensive than previously thought?

Like the case I am working on here in PA, I suspect that when we have a cold snap that kills off the bugs, ticks and green vegetation, the area would be much easier to search and a helicopter would be much more effective at low altitude.

Just a crumb or two:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/12/robert-mayer-missing_n_3915824.html

I'm kind of stumped as to why anyone would go through the trouble of "planting" the wallet, cellphone and money.

Why not pocket the money and throw the wallet and cellphone in a dumpster?

I would think the "planter" would want to get those items as far from their possession as possible.

I'm not drinking this Kool-aid.

I don't see why it's so difficult to believe that this man pulled into his driveway and left his home willingly.

It's the most reasonable course of events, regardless of the source's difficulty providing consistent and accurate details.

What he did after he left that house, now that's the important thing, IMO. Because thats what changed the course of his life.

Everything before that is normal SOP stuff.

All of these implications that IM had him offed (which are fairly thinly veiled I might add) are difficult to imagine. I don't see a motive. I don't see LE seeing there is evidence of this either. Their behavior does not suggest it.

I'm kind of stumped as to why anyone would go through the trouble of "planting" the wallet, cellphone and money.

I would think the "planter" would want to get those items as far from their possession as possible.

I don't see why it's so difficult to believe that this man pulled into his driveway and left his home willingly.

It's the most reasonable course of events, regardless of the source's difficulty providing consistent and accurate details.

What he did after he left that house, now that's the important thing, IMO. Because thats what changed the course of his life.

All of these implications that IM had him offed (which are fairly thinly veiled I might add) are difficult to imagine. I don't see a motive. I don't see LE seeing there is evidence of this either. Their behavior does not suggest it.

Motive to off your hubby!
Money!
Cheater!
Wife has BF.

The house is in RM's name---that could be construed as motive enough.

Just a question for you guys.....My point is that with all this discussion of RM being in dire financial straits, maybe there is lots of family money to go around, and money wasn't as big an issue as we might think.
Perhaps. But I'm not seeing it. Her dad is a retired blue collar worker and on RM's side his sister does not appear to be living the high life.

Money obtain through her prior life as a real estate attorney? Sure thing.

Maybe the house was gifted, with a very small or no mortgage.
Info about their mortgage has been posted at least twice by me.

The house was not gifted.

There is a mortgage.

smoke and mirrors
in the land
of milk and honey

So taking all of what we know into account, the "worried look", driving home and putting the items in the usual places in the garage, leaving again and the car being found without the keys and the seat moved forward has me scratching my head.

The scenario that someone other RM would have put those items in a drawer and have been driving the car would assume that they did not know about the neighbors camera, would not stand out as odd if seen in the car and would know just where to put these items. Keeping family and extended family out, that would suggest someone with a very detailed knowledge of almost every aspect of RM's daily habits. Someone who had been with him a number of times at the end of a work week and had seem him put those items away. It would have also assumed that the person would have had a detailed knowledge of his wife's schedule with enough of a safety factor not to run into her as she came home.

"If" it was someone other than RM, that would explain getting in and out of the garage before his wife came home...and that would have been cutting it very close.

I often wonder what would have happened if she had been a few minutes early?

LE could know and is keeping "mum" on it.
Same RM's job site-----nothing has been said of it publicly.

No one is talking. Not LE, not SAR and not Parks Dept.

I know what my experience with this sort of information blackout tells me.

What may be going on here is "if" it is foul play, the complexity of it may be taking some time to run down and document before the hammer is dropped.

With the lack of coverage, the LE stance of it being a "missing person - no foul play" would be a great way to make the guilty party think they were still in the clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
subzero55