NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I am a little more inclined to think like Force 10. I tend to be very pragmatic, and have a hard time putting what many call "far fetched" theories out there. I do like to stick to facts, and there are certainly very few in this case, as we all know. Maybe being a "web sleuth" is not my forte?? I still feel that whatever happened to RM, the "facts" will determine that it was a fairly uncomplicated event (I am not ruling out the criminal aspect). That is to say, even if he were killed, I think the reason will not be that uncommon - be it money, drugs, affair, etc. That's just how I feel, and what I believe, at this point. I don't think anything was staged, but just that we know so little, nothing makes sense. Just cause we don't know the true facts doesn't mean they don't exist. IMO

Awww . . Sometimes people just like to bat around ideas, because there are so little facts in this case. I don't take it too seriously. I prefer the facts too, however. Yet, we have no idea of RM's marriage or financial situation, or if he was involved in something hinky, or if he was having issues with drugs (prescription?), or was having issues at work, etc., etc. We're just trying to figure why he would leave . . or why he would have been targeted—on very little info. Imaginations take over. JMO

No one is saying he lived in RI or had any connection there. We just don't know.

Your ex will be listed as a possible relative, because you had a financial history with him or shared the same address. His relatives are listed, because he is probably connected to a common address from the past (his parents?). The people finder sites are databases of mortgage, deeds, loan, tax, address, etc. info from the past and some from the present. I do agree there are mistakes. One has to buy the report to sort it out.

JMO

Thx McSpy...I did know all that ....I posted that to show those sites have incorrect info. I use intellius because it's the most correct. But even they showed in-laws before my ex who I would assume everyone would know was closer than my in-laws...and if theres a hit for any city with someone whose name is similar ...it shows up :worms:

BBM
I've been reading for a while.. This has stuck with me and prompted me to post..
I have gotten the idea into my head that a husband/father missing for 3 years and being declared dead is better than an actually dead husband/father...
Say he (or she) has done something to the wrong person. He is in danger, his life is in danger... To spare the family his actual death, they hatch a plan that he disappears for three years, no leads, no clues. Eventually he is declared dead, life insurance is paid. She either walks away from the house (which she may have stopped making payments on at some point in the three years) or she sells the house - bad memories and all.... Then they meet up in the prearranged place and live out their golden years. The kids are robbed of three years of they family life but they all end up together somewhere in the end...
Being an Electrician and seemingly a handy guy, he gets a job in construction somewhere - wherever, until the three years are up.... Off the books of course... Its not like anyone from any other town somewhere he went is going to recognize him, there is barely any local coverage no less national..
Maybe I watch too much TV but it does seem like an option...

Yes it is an option!
Robert may have gotten a new Identity a new name a new Drivers license a new wallet!
New bank account opened in his new name!
There could have been a different car at the train station for him to get into
bought in his new name his tools and work belt are with him!

I totally believe this!

Why would someone, say for example, falsify documents? I would never do that because I worry about breaking the law and my kids. Some people feel that they are above the law, because they are, and do not take the kids into consideration when they do things - only money matters, and the lifestyle.

As my bro used to say "The easy way is the hard way," which means short cuts (crime) can end up making your life worse off, than doing the right thing all along.

Forgive me as I've been out of the loop the past few weeks, but the RI angle has me intrigued, didn't that very young girl claim to see him on a train in RI?

Forgive me as I've been out of the loop the past few weeks, but the RI angle has me intrigued, didn't that very young girl claim to see him on a train in RI?

If I recall correctly, it was a train to Boston or something like that.

I can't remember if the young girl thinks she seen him in RI or not, but it was definitely a northeastern state.

Now I would definitely follow the Warwick, R.I. lead because if he has a family member up that way, and was looking to escape, they may be covering for him for his own safety. I really do think he was married to the mob now. If there is a connection it should be looked into. I'll bet not one of his missing posters is posted up in Warwick, Rhode Island and the family is not screaming and shouting about where he is. I think we are getting closer and I believe that that young lady that thought she saw him was shot down too fast. Did the police even contact her?

Anna Belle Palmer "I thought I saw him today on a train" is what she posted if I remember correctly.

Now I would definitely follow the Warwick, R.I. lead because if he has a family member up that way, and was looking to escape, they may be covering for him for his own safety. I really do think he was married to the mob now. If there is a connection it should be looked into. I'll bet not one of his missing posters is posted up in Warwick, Rhode Island and the family is not screaming and shouting about where he is. I think we are getting closer and I believe that that young lady that thought she saw him was shot down too fast. Did the police even contact her?

Hi,, Cc! Could you please elaborate on why you are sure he's married to the mob now? My butts getting tired from sitting up here. :fence:

I can't remember if the young girl thinks she seen him in RI or not, but it was definitely a northeastern state.

Masschuetts not RI IIRC, also if IIRC someone did announce a call was made to scpd and the sighting was not legit. I know. She was young but I remember it being taken as a real lead just in case.

Morning kids-- getting caught up------First in all fairness--the "strip club" was mentioned IIRC b/c of its close proximity to Arrow. It was noted further that the club has alot of afternoon customers. Its logical to posit the idea that perhaps after a transaction at Arrow RM may have gone in for a beer to the strip club. No one accused him of being a regular, blowing his paycheck there on lap dances or what have you. And if he was or did, thats between the husband and wife.

teamilk--your post post @ 436---thanks hon----thats right-we discussed cameras too----

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee