GUILTY NY - Sarah Goode, 21, Medford, 6 June 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah's community (and Long Island n general)has really gone above and beyond to help her family at this most difficult time. The fund raised more than $25,000 in 24 hours, a local funeral home has donated all funeral and burial costs, people are offering meals and help with the daughter. No links, so, IMO.

Just praying now that LE can apprehend whoever murdered Sarah...

:praying:

Hi sweetlings------I have a fast question---But KUDOS to the awesome posts-this is such a great forum-so many ideas, comments, support and general good help coming forth-am proud to be a part of it.

My question is have search dogs gone over the car and surrounding area to do what they do best????......... I know we have some wise WS members that are familiar with this---dogs that scent cadavers and the living. The car was found well after the event-----I will bet that there is good scent in Sarah's car.

Yes, I'm under the impression the last tweet could be directed to male/female; however, after reading the latest update, I think it is male. Also, I do not believe she was referring to followers on twitters, I believe she meant physically being followed, do to a) the time stamp of the tweet just after 1 AM and b) the approximate GPS coordinates of the tweet, which was roughly .3 miles from the wooded area.

Also, I believe there to be more than one suspect, due to her plural description of b*****s noted in her last tweet. Just my beliefs of course, hopefully we get official word and arrests made sooner than later.

Here is the map I have made...if you click on the pin points starting with pinpoint A at roughly 5PM, I put the tweets she had in there as well.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/viewer?hl=en&authuser=0&mid=zSVzbhhAIh4c.k7z24A5Pclqk

Your map is really cool! How did you know the location for each tweet? That last tweet about the following...taking them on a journey... is chilling. I do think she means literally following her, not following on Twitter and she was perhaps going to drive fast, off her usual route home and try to lose them. She also didn't seem to be that scared as she was taking the time to tweet so I think it had to be someone she knew and didn't think her life was in danger.

This is incredibly sad, although I think we were all expecting, sadly, this out come. Hopefully justice will come swiftly for the life of this young woman, daughter, sister, friend and most tragically, mother.

R.I.P.Sarah P Goode

This is so sad. What do you say to a four year old child?

Sounds like she was being followed. I hope the DA goes for first degree murder. Whoever did this will get what the deserve in prison. I hope its hell on earth.

Bessie, is it possible to have an SM thread? Or basement/parking lot? I'm not quite sure what you guys call it. There is so much info on twitter that we are all dying to discuss. If not, I'll just sit on my hands for now! Thank you!
CrystalAnn, admin is aware of the request, and it will be their decision. I can tell you that if there's a chance minors are involved (someone mentioned high school students) it's highly unlikely a SM thread will be approved.

Any other questions about this topic, or the rules in general, should be sent in a private message to a mod/admin.

Posting a thread to comment on, question, or criticize moderator or administrator action is not appropriate in a public forum. Please utilize the board’s Private Message function, or email staff if you wish to discuss these issues. As long as you bring up your concerns maturely and civilly to the moderator or administrator in question, we will do our best to address your concerns fairly and promptly.
Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

:tyou:

No news on arrests? I can't find any of the SM involved.

Please note:

We do not open social media threads so we can sleuth friends and acquaintances of victims. We open them so we can discuss victim's and/or perp's tweets and social media sites and not have it distract from general discussion.

For that reason, we are unable to approve your request for a social media thread.

Remember our rules on social media:

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

I am so glad I found this site, I stumbled upon this forum while researching this case myself. I've been following this thread for a couple days, hope you don't mind me jumping in.

First and foremost, my thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends.

If I am reading the rules correctly...we can post links to the actual tweet ("Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor.") But we may not post the quotes, screenshots, copy/paste posts, or use their whole names. Does that mean if there is a specific tweet we can post the link to the tweet? Soooo many eery ones.

I have not read anything on SM or on the news about anyone being in custody. I have a few thoughts, wondering what everyone else thinks...

If SG last tweet was in close proximity to where they found her and her car, why was the search not concentrated there? I did read a tweet about possibility of blood found on a street in Mastic, not confirmed by LE. I wonder if all of the "friends" who were at the party and who have been tweeting about this have been brought in for questioning. There have been a few of them that have hinted that someone knows something but is not saying. In reference to the last tweet...has anyone considered the possibility that that tweet was written by someone other than SG to throw LE off?

I agree with the posters that have commented on how sad it is that something terrible happened to their "friend" and they are tweeting as if nothing has happened.

I think I answered one of my questions. Kimster wrote "Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player." I take it to mean we cannot post a link to any ol' tweet. But we can use initials and paraphrase still right?

I think I answered one of my questions. Kimster wrote "Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player." I take it to mean we cannot post a link to any ol' tweet. But we can use initials and paraphrase still right?

:welcome4:

Hi Watergirl! Glad to have you here. Unfortunate circumstances, though.

BBM
<modsnip> :seeya:

If SG last tweet was in close proximity to where they found her and her car, why was the search not concentrated there?

http://longisland.news12.com/news/police-search-for-missing-medford-woman-sarah-goode-1.8383397

The Police conducted a search on Fire Avenue where her car was found. Fire Avenue is a fairly long street that runs east and west with a large patch of woods to the north. Sarah's body was found in a patch of woods a little less than half a mile to the northeast on Camden Court. It would make sense that they conducted the initial search closest to the car.

I haven't read anything from media or LE stating exactly where on Fire Avenue her car was found, but reading through all the comment sections on News12's facebook page, it appears that her car was found on the north side of Fire Avenue close the intersection of New London Avenue. That is closer to the west end side of Fire Avenue.

At 5:38 PM on June 6, Sarah tweeted about where the night would take her. :cry: https://twitter.com/spgoode12/status/475028925551476736

In hindsight, that tweet brings tears to my eyes. She was a typical 21-year-old (imo) thinking about her Friday night plans. Many, many years ago, at that age, I lived for Friday nights and hanging out with friends, after a long work week. This is just so sad, tragic and senseless. I hope an arrest(s) is imminent!!!

Rest in peace, Sarah Goode. :rose: :rose: :rose:

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?hl=en&authuser=0&mid=zumSLSYMqZmw.kyLAVKbRd3PA

I created a newer map to update tjdegoed3's original map to include where her car was found and where Sarah was found.

The route that is highlighted isn't one that is definitely known, but it makes the most sense for a few reasons. 1) It cuts diagonally across to Shirley. 2) The location of her tweet at 8:51 pm. 3) Looking at at the satellite view in order to access William Floyd Parkway she would have had to either drive south a few blocks to reach an intersection that allows one to head north on WFP, or she would have had to drive north a few blocks to get on WFP and head south to reach a turn around to go north.

Does anyone recall if they found any of her personal effects in the car..purse, phone etc.? I think I remember either reading or hearing in the news that her keys weren't in the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member