GUILTY NY - Sarah Goode, 21, Medford, 6 June 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The comments on channel 12 long island news have people who knew her saying that it is false that she had a relationship with DT and that they had no relationship. Another poster said that they initially had circumstantial evidence on DT from interviewing people at the party because their was a conflict that night at the party between DT and Sarah. So my guess he followed her and took revenge.

http://longisland.news12.com/news/p...urder-of-medford-mother-sarah-goode-1.8778696

Comments cannot be copied and pasted. You can refer other members to comments with a link, but keep in mind, reader comments are considered RUMOR.

ON Long Island Crime Stoppers a poster said : and I am paraphrasing, that DT was discharged from Marines due to mental instability after 7 months and that before body was found LE had him in custody but SCPD did not have enough to hold him, he fled to Fl after being released. Maybe a rumor but interesting none the less

apps.suffolkcountyny.gov/police/crimestoppers.

www.facebook.com/.../Long-Island...Crime-Stoppers/

There is an ammo shop on the corner of Main Street and Yaphank Avenue. If you go to my map and do a street view of where Sarah's second to last tweet came from, you will be able to see a surveillance camera on the right side of the building just below the roof line and it faces Yaphank Avenue. One of our fellow sleuthers had someone drive over there to scout out the area. The ammo shops camera does indeed work, but they were not at liberty to say if police confiscated the tape. That statement alone makes me believe that LE was there and took a tape assuming it would have the night in question on it.
https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?hl=en&authuser=0&mid=zSVzbhhAIh4c.k7z24A5Pclqk

ON Long Island Crime Stoppers a poster said : and I am paraphrasing, that DT was discharged from Marines due to mental instability after 7 months.

www.facebook.com/.../Long-Island...Crime-Stoppers/

What I want to know how did he manage to get into the Marines in the first place. He was initially arrested on an outstanding warrant for attempted rape. That took place in 2011. I am guessing he was about 16 at the time. How does someone with that type of charge get accepted into the Marines?

Brilliant sleuthing with your map and the sleauther who drove by. That could have very well led to his arrest.

I am wondering if the metal object he beat her with was a knife. They said she had a metal object lodged in her head and hair and blood were all over the car. I am wondering if this stabbed her in the head so hard that the knife broke. He will not last in jail, supposedly the men in jail do not respect criminals who commit crimes against women and babies. She was tiny girl.

What I want to know how did he manage to get into the Marines in the first place. He was initially arrested on an outstanding warrant for attempted rape. That took place in 2011. I am guessing he was about 16 at the time. How does someone with that type of charge get accepted into the Marines?

Agreed, Droopy. Also, there is no prior charge for rape in NYS. The first one posted is july of 2014. The charge has been changed to "attempted first degree rape". Also, there is a $500,000 bond which has not been posted.

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/we...ype=C&recordNum=_PLUS_llCL3ajHZBQ6IIKe5lhgw==

ETA: Maybe....there is no online record because he was a minor at the time.

I hope justice is served for Sarah and her family!! It's well overdue.

It is great news that they caught the killer. I can only hope that this can help bring closure to her family and her friends who have gone through so much. May Sarah Rest in Peace now as well.

Brilliant sleuthing with your map and the sleauther who drove by. That could have very well led to his arrest.

I am wondering if the metal object he beat her with was a knife. They said she had a metal object lodged in her head and hair and blood were all over the car. I am wondering if this stabbed her in the head so hard that the knife broke. He will not last in jail, supposedly the men in jail do not respect criminals who commit crimes against women and babies. She was tiny girl.

I suspect it was some kind of knife myself. There have been plenty of incidences where the tip has been broken off in a victims body. I am doubting ammo shop had anything to do with his arrest. Given today's technology, social media and cell phone records, they were probably on to him right from the start, but needed the time to put a rock solid case against him. He was my main POI almost at the very start, but unfortunately we weren't able to talk about him due to him not being named as a suspect. If I had my eyes on him that early, surely LE had theirs on him even earlier.

I suspect it was some kind of knife myself. There have been plenty of incidences where the tip has been broken off in a victims body. I am doubting ammo shop had anything to do with his arrest. Given today's technology, social media and cell phone records, they were probably on to him right from the start, but needed the time to put a rock solid case against him. He was my main POI almost at the very start, but unfortunately we weren't able to talk about him due to him not being named as a suspect. If I had my eyes on him that early, surely LE had theirs on him even earlier.

I agree, are you able to tell us what is was about him that made him a POI so early on?

Interesting timing with both his charges. His court date for the attempted rape charge comes exactly three years later and the announcement of his arrest exactly one month after finding Sarah's body.

BBM. I can think of a few reasons why.

Since the 9/11/01 attacks on the WTC and our (the USA) terrorist wars in countries around the world, the eligibility requirements to enroll in the military have been "slack", IMO. Eligibility requirements have been waived in many cases. I personally know people, current and ex-military, that you would ask the same question, "How does someone with that type of charge get accepted into the Marines"? Add to this, I'm not sure if the military draft (Selective Service) is still in effect, and if so, not sure it's being enforced. Bottom line, the military has had a hard time recruiting service members. And, while I salute and respect our military, many in my family, personally I can say it's not an easy life financially... many military personnel (lower grades) are on food-stamps just to survive.

Bottom line, while they're in a noble and patriotic job for our country, they don't make a lot of money, and many struggle to survive. Not many folks knocking down the door to join, so the military has had to enlist some people that they might not have enlisted years ago (i.e., they take what they can get). JMO, MOO, etc. I don't have links at the moment, but can provide if necessary, or just google it. :smile:

Taylor was arrested Thursday in Vero Beach, Florida, by Suffolk homicide detectives and U.S. marshals on an unrelated warrant for an attempted knifepoint rape in June 2011, which came to light as police investigated the homicide, police said.
The attempted rape involved an 18-year-old woman and occurred in Taylor's bedroom, according to prosecutors.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...sed-of-killing-sarah-goode-cops-say-1.8779053

Taylor and Goode reportedly exchanged phone calls on the night she vanished. Authorities said a bloody palm print recovered at the scene belongs to Taylor. Authorities linked him to the killing using GPS tracking and through physical evidence, Albertson told the newspaper.

Police reportedly also recovered bloodstained clothing belonging to Taylor, Newsday reported.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/12/ex-marine-arrested-charged-in-brutal-murder-new-york-mom/

So I'm guessing they pretty much had him in their site from almost the beginning and were just waiting to get enough on him to arrest him?

So I'm guessing they pretty much had him in their site from almost the beginning and were just waiting to get enough on him to arrest him?

IMO they lucked out with a pending warrant. He was questioned before SG was found. Alarms were probably sounding during that interrogation.

O'Connell said Taylor was first questioned by police in connection with Goode's disappearance on June 10, two days before her body was discovered. Taylor spent 10 hours in custody before police released him, and he later went to Florida where he has family, the attorney said.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...sed-of-killing-sarah-goode-cops-say-1.8779053

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back