NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The two killers who escaped an upstate prison were supposed to have a getaway car waiting for them on the outside, but their ride never showed — forcing them to take off on foot, reports said Tuesday.

Authorities are investigating whether Joyce Mitchell, the prison supervisor who allegedly helped Richard Matt and David Sweat escape, for some reason abandoned that part of the plan, foiling the men’s attempt at a fast getaway."

<snip>

"The convicts are believed to have used a small, hand-held electrical saw that Mitchell smuggled into the prison for them, as well as a 20-pound sledgehammer, to escape, sources told the Times-Union.

It’s not clear where the men got the hammer, but they used it to break the lock on the manhole cover through which they escaped outside the prison."

http://nypost.com/2015/06/09/getaway-driver-was-a-no-show-for-escaped-killers/

On Anderson 360 they just said that a source from the investigation stated that Joyce Mitchell was supposed to be their get away ride but she backed out

Well there you have it.
:thud:

I guess she would be "somewhat cooperative" because admitting she double-crossed Matt & Sweat would land her in :jail: - where she could eventually face a different kind of :justice: ?

:thinking:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That article also states the Mitchell and Sweat spent much time together. Including meals.

If no car why couldn't dogs track them?

Their exit options:

A. Put as much distance as they could between them and the prison via well provisioned vehicle
B. Remain close by for a considerable amount of time in a well provisioned hideout so they could travel more easily when the area cooled off.
C. If A or B did't work out wing it

If they are winging it you would think they would have been very desperate and would have taken advantage of someone early on the first night.

On Anderson 360 they just said that a source from the investigation stated that Joyce Mitchell was supposed to be their get away ride but she backed out

Well there you have it.
:thud:

I guess she would be "somewhat cooperative" because admitting she double-crossed Matt & Sweat would land her in :jail: - where she could eventually face a different kind of :justice: ?

:thinking:

humm humm

why is a mziximum security prison employing a tailor? All ears here !!!! please!

I have been following CNN and west coast has Anderson Cooper finishing up a great 2 hour segment on all of this. It was not until watching his show that I found out that one of escaped prisoner Richard Matt crimes were committed in my hometown of North Tonawanda near Buffalo. His son stated "why was he on the honor block and given privileges, doesn't the prison know he has a genius IQ?".

humm humm

why is a mziximum security prison employing a tailor? All ears here !!!! please!

They make prison clothing for their facility and maybe all of NY facilities.

They make prison clothing for their facility and maybe all of NY facilities.

This info is what the news stated as well. I am wondering if she was also able to "tailor" make their sleeping dummy disguises. Hmmm.

Didn't hear of any elaborate sleeping dummies. They worked there so I guess they would access to what they needed.

Didn't hear of any elaborate sleeping dummies. They worked there so I guess they would access to what they needed.

Not "elaborate" just "sleeping" "dummy" "disguises" since they had gone into the walls on at least one prior occasion as the news has stated.

Was the 'source' DOC and/or LE?

I dare say no.

Ya know- mildly interested couple days ago when it broke. Ahh - they will be caught in 12 hours. A few more tid bits come out next 48 hours. Then tongight catching up with all the worlds madness, and it is big. More info etc, more facsinating. When that happens I always come here !

Then I am thinking, humm---if all this happened, like a mile from me, with the passage of some time (not long really!) I WOULD start to get freaked out , and scared, and I have "placed " myself" in that scenario the last 15 minutes, and I would want to go spend the night at a friends house!

I truly would! Just to creepy when you really start to think about they are going to have needs (Food, shelter, money trnasport) - and its not like they are nice chaps to began with!!

NOthing really more scary than a homosapian with nothing to lose........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces