NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tweet from @TheBuffaloNews (Verified Twitter Feed) - 32m

Biggest manhunt in nation sparks concerns in North Tonawanda
http://t.co/Pf0INbAPtS
[video=twitter;608502624447385600]http://twitter.com/TheBuffaloNews/status/608502624447385600[/video]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tweet from @TheBuffaloNews (Verified Twitter Feed) - 1h

Law enforcement officials fear shootout if two "worst of the worst" fugitives get guns. http://t.co/AyWkd34rGP
http://t.co/sQd1wiJy4d
[video=twitter;608487514869907456]http://twitter.com/TheBuffaloNews/status/608487514869907456[/video]

Tweet from @TheBuffaloNews (Verified Twitter Feed) - 8h

Escapees had access to catwalks of prison for a month, source says.
http://t.co/2CDusMmrJT
http://t.co/mGwb34nfMR
[video=twitter;608378951686352896]http://twitter.com/TheBuffaloNews/status/608378951686352896[/video]

[...]
A square section of the steel wall in at least one of their cells was cut open at the base with a power saw, providing the access to the catwalk for their nighttime exploration of the prison’s innards, according to the source.

During the daytime, they disguised the hole by placing a sheet of cardboard from a box they had cut up and spray painted gray to matched the wall so that corrections officers would not notice the missing square of steel, the source said.

:thud:

ITA MsF. He made a point of saying there's been a rush to judgment and the truth would come out soon (paraphrasing) in the NBCNN interview (I just watched it again on DVR).

It's not easy for me to reconcile that with the MSM quote that she's been "somewhat cooperative."

That's his mom. He's supposed to have her back. :cow: AFAIK, she's been questioned, but IDK what her current status is. Has she been released? Is she still in custody (being questioned)? Has she lawyered up? :dunno: So far, she's the only CCF employee implicated. Further, no one else has been mentioned as a POI (inside or outside prison walls). That's very telling.

Unless or until that changes, her son is in a most unenviable position. JMO.

I agree, kimi. Good post. I'll be the first to agree that MSM doesn't always get the facts straight, no question. And I don't hold it against her son that he's out there defending his mom; boys love their moms. I'm sure she didn't share with him her penchant for well-endowed convicts.

But IMO she does appear to have played an intricate part in their escape, crazy as that seems. What a twisted story this is, from start to however this ends. :(

What do you think happened to them? Where do you think they are and who do you think is responsible for their disappearance?

I don't know what happened to them. Nor do I know where they are. And I have no knowledge who is responsible for the two not being present, absent from their cells. Certainly, the media doesn't know either. Except, the one thing they were spot on with, was the weather lol.

When the DOC, FBI, NYS Troopers, Sheriffs, DEC, Border Patrol, all of the agencies in the sky, on the ground, in the woods, in the jail, on the roads, speak, I will listen. Do you notice they aren't saying much? Well, Troop B Commander did say no-one was 'cornered' lol, that I know.

Lots of misinformation is being put on here, hence my ???s for valid links from the people in the know. And it ain't the media. And if the 'source' isn't named, as far I'm concerned, the source is not valid.

I don't know what happened to them. Nor do I know where they are. And I have no knowledge who is responsible for the two not being present, absent from their cells. Certainly, the media doesn't know either. Except, the one thing they were spot on with, was the weather lol.

When the DOC, FBI, NYS Troopers, Sheriffs, DEC, Border Patrol, all of the agencies in the sky, on the ground, in the woods, in the jail, on the roads, speak, I will listen. Do you notice they aren't saying much? Well, Troop B Commander did say no-one was 'cornered' lol, that I know.

Lots of misinformation is being put on here, hence my ???s for valid links from the people in the know. And it ain't the media. And if the 'source' isn't named, as far I'm concerned, the source is not valid.

Yet all we have is the media. Cops are a bit busy right now.
If we only discussed verified statements from LE during a manhunt... this thread would be one page.

I'm not sure which misinformation you mean... if you know it's misinformation then correct us.
We can only link what we find which is mostly going to be media reports.

So far I don't think any reports have been proven wrong as far as the escape itself goes.
Who released the pictures of the escape route? Did those not come from an official source?
I doubt the media broke into the prison and took them....
So some official source had to let them in or provide the pictures, correct?

I'm fairly certain the fact that they ESCAPED came from an official source...
Yet you have made it clear that you do not believe they escaped.
So I guess I'm just confused about which official sources are acceptable and which are not. :dunno:

I agree, kimi. Good post. I'll be the first to agree that MSM doesn't always get the facts straight, no question. And I don't hold it against her son that he's out there defending his mom; boys love their moms. I'm sure she didn't share with him her penchant for well-endowed convicts.

But IMO she does appear to have played an intricate part in their escape, crazy as that seems. What a twisted story this is, from start to however this ends. :(

You crack me up!! :laughing:

How do I bold others posts when I reply?

Click "reply with quote"
If you're on a computer, highlight the text within the quoted post you wish to bold, then click the B (for bold) icon -

When you preview your post, you should see the [ B ] before and [ \ B ] after the text , (without spaces within the brackets), and the bolded text on the post itself.

If you're using tapatalk, after quoting the post, manually insert the [ B ] at the start of where you wish the bold to start and [ \ B ] where you want it to end (again, no spaces).

Hope this helps....

Cops abandon search for Shawshank escapees in tiny New York town as hundreds of officers leave come nightfall 'believing the men may have slipped away'

David Sweat, 34, and Richard Matt, 48, were reportedly cornered by officers in Willsboro, New York, this morning, but they never turned up

Residents claimed they broke into house, stole a gun and fled into woods

Allegedly spotted around 2am Tuesday, prompting police surge

Police are now focusing on searching elsewhere for the men, and most officers have left the town

The pair staged an audacious escape from Clinton Correctional Facility, 40 miles from Willsboro, on Friday night

A source close to the investigation claims that prison worker Joyce Mitchell's cell phone was used to call people close to Matt

Mitchell also reportedly told authorities she was set to be the getaway driver for the two men but changed her mind at last second

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...curity-prison-stealing-gun-fleeing-woods.html

So now these two could be armed? I don't think this is going to end well.

BBM Well, he sounds like an ideal candidate for the prison's "Honor Block" now doesn't he?

What could go wrong when a killer with history of escapes is placed in Honor Block? I can't think of a single thing.

If there was an escape (i really don't believe it), imo, it happened between 3:30 - 4:30 Friday afternoon, leaving with the civilians. I don't believe they would head for the border. Getting into Canada, in the last 10 ten years, is harder than ever, unless they took the ferry into Vermont and crossed at one of the very small, very rural unmanned crossings. But that would mean they would have had a vehicle waiting for them somewhere. They absolutely would have had to have 'inside' help. Someone bringing in civilian garb, that same someone providing transportation. Most everyone is thinking they headed north to Canada. I'm thinking they would drive to Plattsburgh, get on I-87, perhaps drive all the way down to NYC and disappear in the city. IMO, a 1% chance of an escape.

This cockamamie, "extraordinary" tale of escape is just that. There's no way in he!! that could happen, imo.

Once they're in for the night, cell checks are done every 2 hours, hoodie's are not allowed to be worn while in bed. Every bed check is done with a light, and every inmate's face is supposedly seen. Upon exciting their cells in the am, counts are done on the inmates numerous times throughout the day. They're counted before and after chow. They're counted before entering the yard and while exiting the yard. Counted again and again again. At the same time they're being counted, they are also being frisked. Clinton, while being as old as the dirt it's built on, is a very,very secure facility. With not ever any one inmate EVER escaping.

Some have gone 'missing', and imo, these two murdering scumbags also have gone 'missing'.

The almost comical thing about this, is Gov Andrew Cuomo arriving at the prison, being allowed entry, along with the press, when his father, Gov Mario Cuomo, was denied entry to the same prison back when it was learned 13 prisoners went 'missing'. lol

I'm not trying to be argumentative, just asking you to explain your theories and to provide proof of your accusations so we can discuss them further. Since you don't believe they escaped, what do you think happened to them?

And can you please provide links regarding the missing 13 prisoners and Gov Cuomo? I share with you your skepticism of the media, but here at WS we are only able to discuss cases that are in MSM. Screecher, I love a good mystery, just give me something to go on here!

Tweet from @TheBuffaloNews (Verified Twitter Feed) - 8h

Escapees had access to catwalks of prison for a month, source says.
http://t.co/2CDusMmrJT
http://t.co/mGwb34nfMR
[video=twitter;608378951686352896]http://twitter.com/TheBuffaloNews/status/608378951686352896[/video]

[...]
A square section of the steel wall in at least one of their cells was cut open at the base with a power saw, providing the access to the catwalk for their nighttime exploration of the prison’s innards, according to the source.

During the daytime, they disguised the hole by placing a sheet of cardboard from a box they had cut up and spray painted gray to matched the wall so that corrections officers would not notice the missing square of steel, the source said.

:thud:

BBM :thud: Cardboard, spray paint, cat walks, power tools? I think these two could have been prancing around wearing sandwich boards saying "I Heart Escaping Prison" on one side and "Joyce meet us at the sewage pipe" on the other with nobody the wiser.

What could go wrong when a killer with history of escapes is placed in Honor Block? I can't think of a single thing.

The Honor Block has extremely low expectations. For example, if you haven't dismembered anyone in the last 24 hours you top the list of potential honorees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessicawilliams0