NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM :thud: Cardboard, spray paint, cat walks, power tools? I think these two could have been prancing around wearing sandwich boards saying "I Heart Escaping Prison" on one side and "Joyce meet us at the sewage pipe" on the other with nobody the wiser.

What is terrifying, after reading the column from @VICE is that it seems anything is possible.
It really does feel like the stuff movie scripts are made of.
Absolutely mind boggling to read accounts that the inmates appeared to be running the asylum (at least in the Honor Block and tailor shop).
:gaah:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is terrifying, after reading the column from @VICE is that it seems anything is possible.
Absolutely mind boggling to read accounts that the inmates appeared to be running the asylum (at least in the Honor Block and tailor shop).

I know! Proving once again that truth is definitely stranger than fiction. Starting with the bizarre history of that Matt clown to the insane prison break with all these crazy details coming out. Even if only half of what's in the media turns out to be true it's still one of the craziest stories I've heard in a long time.

It's striking how absolutely miserable JM looks in all her pictures. Exact same expression, exact same pose, never a smile. It's easy to see why a manipulative convict would target her.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

Good point Wyle.....she does look miserable, doesn't she?

I can't get over what an embarrassment this mess must be to her son. Poor guy.

Good point Wyle.....she does look miserable, doesn't she?

I can't get over what an embarrassment this mess must be to her son. Poor guy.

And her poor husband. Can you imagine what he's going through?

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

Yet all we have is the media. Cops are a bit busy right now.
If we only discussed verified statements from LE during a manhunt... this thread would be one page.

I'm not sure which misinformation you mean... if you know it's misinformation then correct us.
We can only link what we find which is mostly going to be media reports.

So far I don't think any reports have been proven wrong as far as the escape itself goes.
Who released the pictures of the escape route? Did those not come from an official source?
I doubt the media broke into the prison and took them....
So some official source had to let them in or provide the pictures, correct?

I'm fairly certain the fact that they ESCAPED came from an official source...
Yet you have made it clear that you do not believe they escaped.
So I guess I'm just confused about which official sources are acceptable and which are not. :dunno:

I beg to differ all we have is the media. We have something called critical thinking. Are you believing what the media is putting out here? Truth is, they know as little as we all do. If anyone knows what, when, where, how, they ain't saying.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, just asking you to explain your theories and to provide proof of your accusations so we can discuss them further. Since you don't believe they escaped, what do you think happened to them?

And can you please provide links regarding the missing 13 prisoners and Gov Cuomo? I share with you your skepticism of the media, but here at WS we are only able to discuss cases that are in MSM. Screecher, I love a good mystery, just give me something to go on here!

No links for the 13 and the Dad Cuomo. One might only speculate, as 99.9% are doing here now, in particular regarding the female POI.

The Honor Block has extremely low expectations. For example, if you haven't dismembered anyone in the last 24 hours you top the list of potential honorees.

I'd like a valid link showing these two were on the honor block. No way a cop killer and a wired sociopath would be on honor block.

Nah, I don't believe the convicts in honor block are running the jail. Just their block and their court. Under supervision from security. The tailor shop is no place for the inmates to assert their selves.

Also, just saying, the security, the civilians, the medical, cripes, even the prisoners experience 'chest hurts', 'can't breathe', have cases of 'nerves'. The place is as old dirt, couple that with hundreds of thousands of people housed there, can you imagine breathing in all the shed skin cells floating around?

Try to imagine the very worse place, under the worse conditions, for an extended period of time, one could be, whether one is put there by a judge and jury, or because one has to has support a family in an economically depressed area.

Then judge a supervisor in a work area who hasn't been charged with anything.

Anyone remember Richard Jewell?

Just saw Breaking News on CNN---apparently there have been sightings of two 'suspicious' men in a small town 30 miles south of the prison? Started with an M, but couldnt catch the name. Very rural place and they are actively searching the farm fields there now.

Could it be true that after all that planning they had no escape plan set uP? Are they just wandering around ?

JMO

I am going out on a limb to say that I think the female worker giving them a ride was their plan.
I think she panicked and ended up in hospital after realizing the deep doo-doo she was in. I think she had panick attack when realizing how serious it got in the news.

If she is involved, I hope charges will come down later.

At this point, the 2 are not as far as I would have thought. I think once they didnt get a ride now they are desparate. They will get hungry and it could get ugly now.

Anyone in that general vicinity needs to take extreme precaution. Be watchful of potential carjackings, home break-ins, and things like that.

Those 2 will not want to go back and will do anything to stay free. I would assume they will separate too by now.

All JMO of course.

A law enforcement source confirms to CBS News that calls were made from the female worker's cell phone to possible contacts of the escaped inmates. It was not clear who actually made the calls, however.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/no-sign-yet-of-escaped-killers-in-small-town/

I'm surprised she was "allowed" to have her cell inside the prison. Maybe it's different for her position, but from nursing inside a relatively lax detention facility, we were banned from bringing cells into the detention center. It was grounds for immediate termination.

The Honor Block has extremely low expectations. For example, if you haven't dismembered anyone in the last 24 hours you top the list of potential honorees.

Yeah, when you take a step back to think about it,

How ironic to even have an "Honor Block". These are murderers to begin with for crying out loud!!!

Lets line up all the murderers and find out which ones are nicer than the other murderers.
Good Grief.

There are probably plenty of freight trains they could have hopped. That poi seems a little flaky-they might have been better off that she didn't pick them up.

The escape from the 3,000-inmate state prison has raised suspicions the men had help on the inside. The New York Post reported Tuesday that Joyce Mitchell, a 51-year-old prison work supervisor, was being interviewed by investigators and "being cooperative."

"They haven't charged her because they want to keep her talking," a source told the paper. "She hasn’t asked for a lawyer."

Sources told the Post that authorities believe Mitchell was supposed to provide the suspects with a car to help make their escape, but later backed out after suffering a possible panic attack.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/10/search-for-escaped-killers-in-new-york-town-comes-up-empty/

http://www.wvnstv.com/story/29283868/authorities-still-searching-for-escaped-prisoners

"They're also questioning 51-year-old Joyce Mitchell, an industrial training supervisor teaching tailoring to inmates. She has not been named a suspect, Dahler adds.

A law enforcement source confirms to CBS News that calls were made from the female worker's cell phone to possible contacts of the escaped inmates. It was not clear who actually made the calls, however."

She very well may have gone home with a request from the guys to call someone for them, and made the call from her cell from her own phone.

Everything that needs to be verified can be verified by official sources, someone tell me what they want to see verified by a quote from LE or other higher ranking government official and I'll see what I can do. This thread is a little bit frustrating at this time IMO because some people keep stating unverified things and being argumentative about the fact they can do whatever they want because this thread is all specuation anyway. I beg to differ. I don't want to become a verified insider on this case but suffice it to say that those who know me here understand that I only post verifiable info, and anything else I post in regards to this case that isn't immediately verifiable I guarantee will be sooner or later. Will leave it at that.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/08/2-convicted-murderers-escape-from-ny-maximum-security-prison/

""These are killers. They are murderers," the governor [Cuomo] said. "There's never been a question about the crimes they committed. They are now on the loose, and our first order of business is apprehending them.""

<snip>

"Cuomo said the escapees may have crossed into Canada or headed to another state.

"This is a crisis situation for the state," [Cuomo] said. "These are dangerous men capable of committing grave crimes again.""

<snip>

[modsnip]

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/felons-escaped-n-y-prison-cuomo-article-1.2250257

" Cops questioned Mitchell and her husband, who also works in the prison, on Saturday, according to neighbors.

&#8220;They were going through her trash,&#8221; said one neighbor, who would not give her name."

<snip>

" Matt, 48, and Sweat, 34, were in adjoining cells. Using hacksaws, they cut the 3/8-inch-thick steel walls around air vents near the heads of their cots to form man-size openings they could slip through. They kept the vents in place to avoid detection. The paint on the walls is so irregular and chipped that it was impossible to tell they had been tampered with, the sources said.

The vents led to a labyrinth of cobweb-covered catwalks, but before the cons ventured out, they stuffed their sweatshirts with clothes to fool the guards making bed checks every two hours.

Then, carrying the tools in a guitar case one of the inmates had in his cell, Matt and Sweat shimmied six stories down pipes &#8212; from catwalk to catwalk &#8212; until they reached the ground floor.

There they identified the main steampipe and followed it through the various subterranean tunnels, figuring it would lead them to the outside.

At one point, they reached a wall and were able to pass through after knocking out a few bricks. The next wall they hit was the massive prison wall, and there was no going through that.

Holes in the stones suggest they tried to drill through it, and then came up with a brilliant Plan B.

Realizing the steampipes aren&#8217;t used in warm weather, they cut one opening into the 24-inch diameter steel pipe at the base of the wall &#8212; then cut another opening from inside the pipe on the other side of the wall.

It was not clear when Matt and Sweat began working on their escape plan, but officials said it appears to have taken a lot of labor. And to power their tools, they hot-wired the electrical junction boxes and strung extension cords."

<snip>

"&#8220;They appear to have taken the tools with them. One of (them) had a guitar case in his cell that was gone, and someone saw two men carrying a guitar case,&#8221; said a source with knowledge of the investigation."

more at link. must-read article IMO

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/felons-escaped-n-y-prison-cuomo-article-1.2250257

" Cops questioned Mitchell and her husband, who also works in the prison, on Saturday, according to neighbors.

&#8220;They were going through her trash,&#8221; said one neighbor, who would not give her name."

<snip>

" Matt, 48, and Sweat, 34, were in adjoining cells. Using hacksaws, they cut the 3/8-inch-thick steel walls around air vents near the heads of their cots to form man-size openings they could slip through. They kept the vents in place to avoid detection. The paint on the walls is so irregular and chipped that it was impossible to tell they had been tampered with, the sources said.

The vents led to a labyrinth of cobweb-covered catwalks, but before the cons ventured out, they stuffed their sweatshirts with clothes to fool the guards making bed checks every two hours.

Then, carrying the tools in a guitar case one of the inmates had in his cell, Matt and Sweat shimmied six stories down pipes &#8212; from catwalk to catwalk &#8212; until they reached the ground floor.

There they identified the main steampipe and followed it through the various subterranean tunnels, figuring it would lead them to the outside.

At one point, they reached a wall and were able to pass through after knocking out a few bricks. The next wall they hit was the massive prison wall, and there was no going through that.

Holes in the stones suggest they tried to drill through it, and then came up with a brilliant Plan B.

Realizing the steampipes aren&#8217;t used in warm weather, they cut one opening into the 24-inch diameter steel pipe at the base of the wall &#8212; then cut another opening from inside the pipe on the other side of the wall.

It was not clear when Matt and Sweat began working on their escape plan, but officials said it appears to have taken a lot of labor. And to power their tools, they hot-wired the electrical junction boxes and strung extension cords." *facepalm*

more at link. must-read article IMO

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/0...ison-and-uneventful-time-served-before-their/

Some may not want this information shoved in their face so I will not quote this article because o words like "dismemberment" and associated detailed descriptions of crimes. Some has already been shared in this thread. Know that one of these men is, by definition, a serial killer with nothing to lose.

Anyone who thinks this isn't a big story, or thinks they didn't really escape or something needs their IP address looked at very closely to see what their deal is, JMO only and not referring to anyone in particular. It just is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257