NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
but let me just say, the boss was 76 years old and "... spent 27 hours on a snowy December night in the trunk of a car in pajamas while his killers drove from New York to Ohio and back, angry because he wouldn't tell them the location of the large sums of money Matt was convinced Rickerson kept on hand." before the other gruesome horrid things occurred.

And that's just ONE of men Matt has killed over the years.

The spokesman said that Mitchell is not technically in custody, but said she checked herself into a local hospital with "a case of nerves" the day the two killers carried out the brazen, movie-style breakout.

Representatives for Alice Hyde Medical Center confirmed Mitchell was treated and released. They did not specify the exact day she was treated, but said it was in the timeframe of Friday night through Saturday.

http://www.wptz.com/news/authorities-identify-person-of-interest-connected-to-escape/33482646

Sources say Mitchell's cellphone was used to call several people connected to Richard Matt.

http://www.wcax.com/story/29281173/search-for-convicted-murderers-on-the-loose-shocks-small-ny-town

Just my opinion, They should never ever have a woman working in a male prison. never. jmo idk

The Honor Block has extremely low expectations. For example, if you haven't dismembered anyone in the last 24 hours you top the list of potential honorees.

Thats funny snoods! Do i get me b+ if I only decapated someone?

ITA MsF. He made a point of saying there's been a rush to judgment and the truth would come out soon (paraphrasing) in the NBCNN interview (I just watched it again on DVR).

I had the same "sense" - he was implying that "threats" had been involved in her decision making...

"Seven of the 12 jurors who in 2008 convicted Matt in Rickerson's murder returned to the courtroom to watch the sentencing. After nearly four weeks of testimony, they'd convicted him in four hours.

"Of all the cases I've tried this would top my list for the death penalty," prosecutor Joseph Mordino, whose experience at the time included more than 250 homicide cases, would tell a Niagara County judge."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/0...ison-and-uneventful-time-served-before-their/

"David Sweat was one of three men arrested after 36-year-old Deputy Kevin Tarsia of the Broome County Sheriff's Office was killed on the Fourth of July in 2002 in the town of Kirkwood, near the New York-Pennsylvania border.

Tarsia, a 13-year veteran, was shot 15 times and then run over with a vehicle after discovering the trio transferring stolen guns between vehicles in a park near his home. The suspects had stolen the guns after ramming the front door of a Pennsylvania fireworks store with a pick-up truck.

Tarsia was wounded in the stomach before being run over. While Tarsia lay dying, Sweat and co-defendant Jeffrey Nabinger went through his police car and his clothes and took the deputy's .40-caliber Glock handgun. Authorities say Tarsia was then killed with two shots, point blank, to the face."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/0...ison-and-uneventful-time-served-before-their/

more at lilnk

Good to see you here CARIIS.
Thanks for posting these links!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice to see you as well Kimi!

I am having trouble coming up with a "reason or need", to release that she is cooperating. PUblic right to know vs two madmen, we dont know where they are, and I would assume whom are pretty pis$sed at her.

Why put her in danger- IMO we dont need to know she is helping at this point - no?

If she was involved in helping in anyway I hope they throw the book at her, they max on every count they can come up with. jmo idk

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/08/2-convicted-murderers-escape-from-ny-maximum-security-prison/

"The two inmates had spent a month chiseling a hole through the concrete ceiling of their cell with a sledgehammer head and other shop tools and made dummies with papier mache heads sporting their own clipped hair, which they left in their bunks the night of their escape."

I'd call those "elaborate" dummies but I suppose that's a subjective term.

That was a different NY Prison escape

"An independent advocacy group called the Correctional Association of New York has described the Clinton Correctional Facility as a place that "has an infamous history of staff violence, brutality, dehumanization and racist attitudes that are an affront to any sense of humanity."

The notorious Mafioso Charles "Lucky" Luciano did 10 years there before being deported to Italy.

Robert Chambers, the so-called preppy murderer, was transferred there after committing infractions at another prison. Chambers, who claimed that Jennifer Levin died accidentally during rough sex, was convicted of manslaughter -- and, later, of drug offenses."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/09/us/dannemora-prison-community/

That was a different NY Prison escape

source? I will check mine but my computer is having some issue that won't let me edit my posts here today so I will have to just post an update if I misquoted or misrepresented what they're saying on the news.

Tried to edit that stuff but I concur, that WAS a different escape. These prisoners stuffed their sweatshirts with clothing to make dummies, but no word of paper mache heads or clipped hair. Here is the entire quote upon re-examination (and thank you for bringing my mistake to my attention).

"In 2003, two convicted murderers Timothy Vail and Timothy Morgan escaped from a maximum-security prison in Chemung County. They were caught the next day, hiding in an abandoned mobile home not far from the prison.

A state investigation concluded that "staff complacency" allowed the inmates to smuggle tools from a prison carpentry shop to enable their escape. Two corrections officers and a carpentry shop instructor were disciplined.

The two inmates had spent a month chiseling a hole through the concrete ceiling of their cell with a sledgehammer head and other shop tools and made dummies with papier mache heads sporting their own clipped hair, which they left in their bunks the night of their escape."

SOURCE: http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/09/us/dannemora-prison-community/

"— July 2003, from the Elmira Correctional Facility in New York. Before escaping, two convicted murderers spent a month chiseling a hole through the concrete ceiling of their cell with a sledgehammer head and other shop tools. They made dummies with papier mache heads sporting their own clipped hair, which they left in their bunks that night. Both were later captured."

http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-...-profile-prison-escapes-in-recent-us-history/

I love Shawshank (fake )and Escaping Alcatraz(true story) but these guys are dangerous (so not rooting for them) and if they were smart they'd be in Canada by now. They have to have $, so someone provided that or they stolen $$ on the DL...Anyone wonder if a person on the outside (brother, uncle etc) broke them out? I did a very quick search online, found the topography map and it'd be easy if someone with that knowledge worked from the manhole cover (cut the lock) then to the pipe , to the brick wall, left them the tools they needed for their cells and got it done. I wonder if the officers can tell which side the brick wall was busted..., that's a possibility bc this took months to accomplish for two guys with just nighttime to work this out. Or I'm just a dumb blonde with a strange fascination of prison breaks. Lol.

. It is the largest maximum security prison and the third oldest prison in New York.

Built in 1844, it originally served as a site where prisoners were used to work in local mines in both Dannemora and nearby Lyon Mountain.

in 1887 it was given new concrete walls 30 feet tall that still stand.

In 1892, the first prisoner was executed in the electric chair at the prison, beginning the use of capital punishment at Clinton Correctional. Twenty six men were executed between 1892 and 1913.

This period also saw many prisoners cured of tuberculosis due in part to the clean air in the Adirondacks, leading to the importation of prisoners with this disease from other prisons.

In 1899, a mental health facility, the Dannemora State Hospital, was built on the grounds to house prisoners who became insane while serving their sentence.

In 1929, Clinton Correctional witnessed a riot which, coupled with riots in other prisons in that year, led to prison reform in New York State. This led to the building of schools in the prison, and the renovation or rebuilding of most of the structures within the prison walls, making the facility more modern.

prisons-ive-known-and-yelped-1413322199402-crop_mobile_400.jpeg
1969clintonaerial4.jpg

c-1022r4-11-1-1.jpeg
c-1022r31-5-1.jpeg

In the wake of the Attica uprising in September of 1971, the New York Department of Corrections commissioned Kaplan & McLaughlin to asses the prison’s design as it related to the safety of the prison, staff and inmates. The NYDoC wanted to avoid another rebellion.
The most astounding sight within Dannemora was the terrace of “courts” sandwiched between the exterior wall and the prison yard. It is thought the courts began as garden plots in the late twenties or early thirties, although there is no official mention of their existence until the 1950s.
Simply, the most remarkable example of a prisoner-made environment I have ever come across......

is a tough place to do hard time.
Nearly 90 percent of inmates at the maximum-security prison have been convicted of violent crimes, compared with an average of two-thirds statewide. They are serving minimum sentences of 13 years on average, more than twice the systemwide rate.

About three-quarters of the prisoners are black or Latino, while none of the 929 corrections officers are black and five are Hispanic, according to a recent report

From 2000 to 2014, more prisoners at Clinton have committed suicide, a total of 23, than at any other state prison except the Elmira Correctional Facility in Chemung County, which had 27,

described racial harassment as common, and more than half said there were frequent fights among inmates. During the 1990s,

17 inmates who said they were beaten by guards either won or settled lawsuits against the state.

0607-web-MANHUNTmap-600.png

NOTE: Did not copy and paste? The black dot is their suite !

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/08/n...olent-criminals-is-embraced-by-town.html?_r=0

http://www.doccs.ny.gov/faclist.html

http://www.villageofdannemora.com/clinton_correctional.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinton_Correctional_Facility

goggle images

http://prisonphotography.org/tag/dannemora/

I love Shawshank (fake )and Escaping Alcatraz(true story) but these guys are dangerous (so not rooting for them) and if they were smart they'd be in Canada by now. They have to have $, so someone provided that or they stolen $$ on the DL...Anyone wonder if a person on the outside (brother, uncle etc) broke them out? I did a very quick search online, found the topography map and it'd be easy if someone with that knowledge worked from the manhole cover (cut the lock) then to the pipe , to the brick wall, left them the tools they needed for their cells and got it done. I wonder if the officers can tell which side the brick wall was busted..., that's a possibility bc this took months to accomplish for two guys with just nighttime to work this out. Or I'm just a dumb blonde with a strange fascination of prison breaks. Lol.

It's fascinating, isn't it? The cops said in one of the many articles I quoted in the past 24 hours that the prisoners broke the lock inside the manhole cover from the inside with a hammer they must have in the guitar case they're using as a tool box.

I recently toured Eastern State Penitentiary, opened in the 1820s and run until the 1970s and maintained now as a historical site in near-ruins, and was fascinated by the cell with the breakout tunnel still preserved in it as well. Can't help but be fascinated with this stuff IMO.

"authorities are re-grouping this morning"... "Matt Hunter has returned to Dannemora"... "good morning Matt" (live TWCnews.com feed, watching now to see if there's any new information. Boy there's a lot of satellite trucks in the background... btw remember @HunterTWCNews is the official/quotable here twitter feed of one of the 3-4 local reporters on the scene (lots of other reporters are there too I just mean the local ones from TWCNews.com ).

Matt Hunter is now reporting "search was temporarily suspended until this morning"... "both men are considered highly dangerous, convicted murderers" and if you see them call 911 and do not approach them. So, no new news at this time.... "and with this police search shifting to Willsboro yesterday you would think a lot of people in Dannemora would be relieved.." "Well I think that a lot of people assumed they were long gone at this point, but.."

BTW one of the articles I recently posted above, with the details of past crimes, states that Sweat's accomplice in killing Deputy Tarsia remains in custody at Dannemora/ Clinton today. FWIW.

O/T but breaking....AMtrack engineer not on cell phone at time of derailment..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heypig06