NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt had called his people so besides lady crush lovah someone has given them $$. The guys from Alcatraz smuggled tools in accordion cases. And they had to construct rafts etc...but with the research I've done over the years, at least 2 of the Alcatraz escapees made it..most likely all 3. Once the 3rd one is dead, their story will be told a relative stated on youtube.

These guys want freedom as they will NEVER EVER EVER be free again....they aren't going to kill or do anything crazy to disclose their location. They will get to Canada, re-invent themselves and get caught within a few years IF THEY ARE SMART. If they are stoopid, they are still in Upstate NY camping in the trees, eating out of dumpsters and someone will find them soon. I think the false alarm the other day was not them.

BBM

"NEW YORK, June 9 (Reuters) - A daring weekend escape from a New York state maximum-security penitentiary marked at least the third time convicted murderer Richard Matt had moved to bust out from behind bars.

As authorities searched for a fourth day for Matt, 48, and his fellow convicted killer David Sweat, 34, details emerged showing that the older inmate had twice tried to escape prison, once successfully."

<snip>

"Matt fled upstate New York's Erie County Correctional Facility in 1986. He scaled a wall and gate topped with razor wire that slashed his forearms and remained on the loose for five days before he was caught at a family apartment in Tonawanda, New York, near Buffalo, his son told the newspaper.

'IT'S LIKE THEY CAN'T KILL HIM'

A decade later, to avoid arrest for the 1997 torture, murder and dismemberment of his boss in Tonawanda, Matt fled to Mexico, where he was soon locked up for a fatal barroom fight. He tried to escape, making it to the roof of a Mexican prison before he was shot in the shoulder, his son told the newspaper.

"This guy has bullet holes on his body. He's been shot like nine times. It's like they can't kill him," Harris was quoted as saying in the Buffalo News.

Matt was eventually convicted in the beating death of his boss, William Rickerson, in a trial that took place under heightened court security, with a police sniper posted outside the courthouse and Matt forced to wear an electric stun belt. He was sentenced to 25 years to life."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/re...ler-New-York-prison-break-escape-attempt.html

Matt had called his people so besides lady crush lovah someone has given them $$. The guys from Alcatraz smuggled tools in accordion cases. And they had to construct rafts etc...but with the research I've done over the years, at least 2 of the Alcatraz escapees made it..most likely all 3. Once the 3rd one is dead, their story will be told a relative stated on youtube.

These guys want freedom as they will NEVER EVER EVER be free again....they aren't going to kill or do anything crazy to disclose their location. They will get to Canada, re-invent themselves and get caught within a few years IF THEY ARE SMART. If they are stoopid, they are still in Upstate NY camping in the trees, eating out of dumpsters and someone will find them soon. I think the false alarm the other day was not them.

bbm, Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

"The two inmates had managed to maintain good enough behavior to gain a place on the prison's "honor block," where looser restrictions allowed them to wear and keep clothing other than their prison uniforms.

Their green prison uniforms were found in a pipe the men used to climb out of the manhole, according to media reports."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/re...ler-New-York-prison-break-escape-attempt.html

I'm sorry but some kids in private school are REALLY well behaved too but they don't get to ditch their uniforms. What in the world. *sigh*

"Revelations today by a Clinton Correctional supervisor that Matt was nicknamed &#8220;Hacksaw&#8221; by fellow inmates and was a highly gifted artist with a soft spot for Oprah "

<snip>

"But as the police manhunt for Matt and convicted killer and prison escapee, David Sweat, 35, prepares to enter a fourth day, Matt&#8217;s family, ex-lovers and those who have testified against him are now living in fear that he will seek them out in a bid for either refuge or revenge.

The only person seemingly unafraid of this monster is his son [NH]."

<snip>

"&#8220;My father has always wanted to have a relationship with me,&#8221; he said.

This is despite recounting the horror that unfolded the last time Matt visited the family home.

&#8220;My father broke into my mother&#8217;s house in Tonawanda (New York) and beat her,&#8221; [NH] said. &#8220;I was an infant when it happened.&#8221; The News verified that story with police.

[NH] said his father, too, was subject to early trauma at the hands of a deadbeat father and ultimately ended up a ward of the state.

&#8220;He was left as an infant in a car. Everybody is born innocent, but he was raised around crime. Then he went into foster care,&#8221; he said.

An unnamed police source, who arrested Matt&#8217;s father in the Broadway-Fillmore neighbourhood on multiple occasions, remembered him as &#8220;a piece of garbage&#8221;."

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...sweat-on-the-lam/story-fnh81jut-1227392223294

Ellie May, pardon if this has been asked and answered, but what is your avatar? It looks like so many different things, I have to know.

"During the trial, [Matt's half-brother, S.] testified that in January 1998, Matt told him he was in trouble &#8220;that he thought he might have killed Mr. Rickerson on accident&#8221;.

&#8220;He said they hacked him up. I remember when he showed me the article, I just kind of looked at him like, &#8216;Are you for real?&#8217;&#8221; he told the court.

&#8220;And I just says &#8212; I mean, I couldn&#8217;t believe that he did it. I says, &#8216;How did you do it? How did you hack him up, with a chainsaw or something?&#8217;

&#8220;He turned and looked at me, and with a grin that I won&#8217;t forget, he said, &#8216;With a hacksaw&#8217;.

&#8220;This whole time I&#8217;m still thinking he&#8217;s full of crap, he&#8217;s just trying to sound big. You know, I really didn&#8217;t want to believe it.

&#8220;I remember his words: &#8216;I can do another seven years, but I can&#8217;t do life.&#8217;&#8221;

When refused to let Matt use his car to get out of town, Matt warned, &#8220;You&#8217;re my brother, you&#8217;re my blood. I love you but I&#8217;ll kill you.&#8221;"

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...sweat-on-the-lam/story-fnh81jut-1227392223294

Ellie May, pardon if this has been asked and answered, but what is your avatar? It looks like so many different things, I have to know.

I want to get in a guess before she answers - bacon in a frying pan?

It is a piece of Pork Belly, Yeah I know it is not good for you but it is sooooo good. It's from a favorite barbecue restaurant we go to. :)

Money is no good to them right now anyway, where would they be able to spend it. They would have needed a cache of food, water and weapons at a sheltered remote location. Unless Matt was special forces they can't survive in the wild, off the land.

"A family member lives near Bush Hill Road" in Canisteo, NY according to TWNews.com live feed.

If someone is manning the scanner thread, heads up for an address to keep an ear out for.

Money is no good to them right now anyway, where would they be able to spend it. They would have needed a cache of food, water and weapons at a sheltered remote location. Unless Matt was special forces they can't survive in the wild, off the land.

Interestingly, Isreal Keyes had many caches throughout the area of upstate NY and Vermont among other places, not all of which have been found last I knew. His Constable, NY cabin is 39 miles from the prison these guys escaped from. But they reportedly are going for Lake Champlain which separates NY from VT. Either way I've been thinking about caches for five days now. Glad I'm not the only one.

Interestingly, Isreal Keyes had many caches throughout the area of upstate NY and Vermont among other places, not all of which have been found last I knew. His Constable, NY cabin is 39 miles from the prison these guys escaped from. But they reportedly are going for Lake Champlain which separates NY from VT. Either way I've been thinking about caches for five days now. Glad I'm not the only one.

Exactly, that's what these guys would have needed.

It's useful $$$ if they have ties to criminals on the outside that can help them with new id's passports, etc. if they made it across the border, they could be ANYWHERE and $ to rent a trailer or something. Many people do not watch the news or stay informed? Matt and Sweat could have split up for all we know...

How much supplies for two men can fit into a guitar case?

The guitar case is thought to contain a sawzall, a drill, and a hammer. I believe those will fit easily if current speculation by prison officials is correct.

http://www.people.com/article/prison-escapees-likely-had-help-female-worker-investigators

""Just from the video that I saw, I just don't think they cut the pipes with a sawzall," says Gilliam, CEO and founder of United States Continued Service, a consulting firm.

"When you look at the video of the cuts that were made in the pipes, you cannot do that with a sawzall, which leaves jagged edges," he says. "Those were clean cuts. It looked like they used a plasma cutter or an acetylene torch. You can't make those types of clean cuts with the tools they reportedly had &#8211; a drill and a sawzall." "

<snip>

""A sawzall is so loud," he says. "It would have deafened the guys on that entire floor. It's as loud as a jackhammer."

Cutting tools like the plasma cutter or an acetylene torch can cut through metal easily &#8211; but use gas and need a tank, he says.

"Those guys were not going to have access to that," he says. "One theory is that they were conversing with someone on the outside of the prison, without the prison knowing about it.

"It's going to be an amazing thing to find out exactly how they were able to cut through all of that stuff without anybody checking on them or seeing them," says Gilliam. "

if I find the source again which mentions the hammer I will post that as well.

Money is very important and I'm sure they have some or it was coming with their ride but I don't think it'll do much for them at this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper