NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.people.com/article/prison-escapees-likely-had-help-female-worker-investigators

""Just from the video that I saw, I just don't think they cut the pipes with a sawzall," says Gilliam, CEO and founder of United States Continued Service, a consulting firm.

"When you look at the video of the cuts that were made in the pipes, you cannot do that with a sawzall, which leaves jagged edges," he says. "Those were clean cuts. It looked like they used a plasma cutter or an acetylene torch. You can't make those types of clean cuts with the tools they reportedly had – a drill and a sawzall." "

if I find the source again which mentions the hammer I will post that as well.

The cuts look like the were made by a cut-off wheel.

Money is very important and I'm sure they have some or it was coming with their ride but I don't think it'll do much for them at this time

Agreed.

You either have help (we already know she chickened out), have money, or steal what you need (which gets you caught quicker).

Re: post it note

A Chinese caricature?

Thinking it may be a reference to "digging to china" or a Chinese tool, like a cheap Harbor Freight cut-off tool.

The cuts look like the were made by a cut-off wheel.

I agree. No torch cut I've seen was ever that flat and smooth. The corners are nice and square too.

TWCNews.com live feed just said they're going to be doing home searches throughout Dannemora today. Haven't heard anything else new.

Re: post it note

A Chinese caricature?

Thinking it may be a reference to "digging to china" or a Chinese tool, like a cheap Harbor Freight cut-off tool.

Harbor Freight tools are just as good as Craftsman, except it's way easier to get your free replacement. JMO, O/T.

The chinese drawing was absolutely not a drawing. It was clearly a printed item gotten from someplace as is. No chance in the world that they drew that themselves. None. IMO. You cant' make such perfect triangles and circles, etc, nor such perfectly thick straight lines with any instrument IMO.

It appears to have lines made of electrical tape, perhaps, if it is homemade.

image.jpg

source - http://cdn.newsday.com/polopoly_fs/...age.jpg_gen/derivatives/display_960/image.jpg

I also think a 24" round pipe might have been a tight squeeze for a guy Matt's size.

It IS a strange note. It looks pre-printed except that if you look closely you can see that some lines don't connect...which would be a misprint and a reject, I would think. Also, what company prints that dated caricature? It seems too geometrically perfect for a freehand doodle....JMO The handwriting looks feminine to me.

Harbor Freight tools are just as good as Craftsman, except it's way easier to get your free replacement. JMO, O/T.

The chinese drawing was absolutely not a drawing. It was clearly a printed item gotten from someplace as is. No chance in the world that they drew that themselves. None. IMO. You cant' make such perfect triangles and circles, etc, nor such perfectly thick straight lines with any instrument IMO.

With Harbor Freight tools...sometimes its a crap shoot with quality control. But great for the price if it works and you don't need for everyday use.

I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that these 2 men laid in a 24" steam pipe and managed to cut a hole to escape from the inside of the pipe...Where did the piece of pipe go that was cut out? How long did they lay there and work? It makes no sense. How did they know where to cut the escape hole? I am scratching my head...

Why would a dangerous killer have a guitar...I would think the strings could be used as lethal weapons?

The guitar case is thought to contain a sawzall, a drill, and a hammer. I believe those will fit easily if current speculation by prison officials is correct.

Where did you see that? If true and I posted this yesterday if they took them with them it would be because they could be tied to someone. Why else would you lug them with you?

Why would a dangerous killer have a guitar...I would think the strings could be used as lethal weapons?

Perhaps they want to sit around a fire and play Kumbaya?

(Just kidding obviously, inserting a lil humour)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where did you see that? If true and I posted this yesterday if they took them with them it would be because they could be tied to someone. Why else would you lug them with you?

To BREAK IN somewhere?

On the topic of the guitar case...

- If the guitar case contained the tools for the breakout, what would be the point of lugging what must be a heavy case with them now? (Cutting locks? If so, would they need all of them?)

- Would a guitar case fit through the pipe?

- I wonder what the plan was for JM if she had picked them up? Was she to drop them someplace like the border? If so, then perhaps the guitar case does contain food/water/change of clothes if they planned for outdoor survival.

Also, I can't find this anywhere...but did the tipster in Willsboro yesterday say the men were carrying a guitar case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrina