NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long do you think Joyce would've lasted if she been waiting with a car?

How long do you think Joyce would've lasted if she been waiting with a car?

I think she had a moment's rational thought about that and developed a belated case of the "nerves" for which she sought treatment and refuge.....LOL

On the topic of the guitar case...
Also, I can't find this anywhere...but did the tipster in Willsboro yesterday say the men were carrying a guitar case?

I don't believe so.

Two witnesses reported seeing two men in the back yard of a house just after midnight Friday, including one who was carrying a guitar case. The men were discovered missing from their cells at 5:30 a.m. Saturday.

http://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Saw-hammer-aided-inmates-escape-6315706.php

The FBI is assisting in the search, and a law enforcement source said authorities believe the men, with their escape plan altered, could still be within a five- or 10-mile radius of the prison. The inmates' assignment on the honor block allowed them to wear and keep regular clothing other than their prison uniforms. The person briefed on the case said the green prison uniforms were found left behind.

Hey, Wardens, LE, FBI, whoever, they are convicted murderers they do not deserve to have privileges. Why are prisoners allowed to wear street clothes? What in the heck has happened in our penal system?
Remove all guitar cases and all other things that can be used to conceal. jmo idk To hell in a hand basket we go.

I guess someone could have stashed the guitar case for them, but how did THAT escape notice? JMO

I wondered about this as well. Or even if it would fit through the hole in their cell.

http://musiciansdiscountwarehouse.com/gemustsiguca.html

"• Overall length: 40"" • Lower bout width: 14"" • Upper bout width: 10.31"" • Case depth: 4.5"" •

bbm

http://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Saw-hammer-aided-inmates-escape-6315706.php

The holes they cut led to a cavernous utility bowel inside the prison where the men spliced an electrical cord into a light fixture to power the saw they then used to cut a large hole in a 24-inch steam pipe that led to a sewer outside the prison, said the source, who is not authorized to comment publicly on the case. They cut their way into the pipe because climbing through it was the only way to get past the outer prison wall, the source said.

Hey, Wardens, LE, FBI, whoever, they are convicted murderers they do not deserve to have privileges. Why are prisoners allowed to wear street clothes? What in the heck has happened in our penal system?
Remove all guitar cases and all other things that can be used to conceal. jmo idk To hell in a hand basket we go.

It's a way to keep the majority of them in line and hopefully behave.

What I don't get, and if the report is accurate that the holes in the cells could have been there for as long as a month giving them time to explore...

How often are cell checks done in that facility? No contraband checks? How could two cells have large holes in them for any period of time over a couple of days?

Re: the post it note.
I have read a few places that the picture on the post-it is from Family Guy.
Can we post youtube here? Not sure, and I am cautious to abide by TOS, so go to youtube and search Peter Griffin Sketch Artist and the first video you will see... at 43 seconds in is the exact picture on that post it note.
Note: Family Guy can be offensive... so search for clip at your own risk. IMO

The holes they cut led to a cavernous utility bowel inside the prison where the men spliced an electrical cord into a light fixture to power the saw they then used to cut a large hole

I would think that if a tool was smuggled in it would have been a battery powered one.

Re: the post it note.
I have read a few places that the picture on the post-it is from Family Guy.
Can we post youtube here? Not sure, and I am cautious to abide by TOS, so go to youtube and search Peter Griffin Sketch Artist and the first video you will see... at 43 seconds in is the exact picture on that post it note.
Note: Family Guy can be offensive... so search for clip at your own risk. IMO

Thanks, nice find.

On the topic of the guitar case...

- If the guitar case contained the tools for the breakout, what would be the point of lugging what must be a heavy case with them now? (Cutting locks? If so, would they need all of them?)

- Would a guitar case fit through the pipe?

- I wonder what the plan was for JM if she had picked them up? Was she to drop them someplace like the border? If so, then perhaps the guitar case does contain food/water/change of clothes if they planned for outdoor survival.

Also, I can't find this anywhere...but did the tipster in Willsboro yesterday say the men were carrying a guitar case?
Was the guitar left in the prison cell?

http://musiciansdiscountwarehouse.com/gemustsiguca.html

"• Overall length: 40"" • Lower bout width: 14"" • Upper bout width: 10.31"" • Case depth: 4.5"" •

bbm

The holes they cut led to a cavernous utility bowel inside the prison where the men spliced an electrical cord into a light fixture to power the saw they then used to cut a large hole in a 24-inch steam pipe that led to a sewer outside the prison, said the source, who is not authorized to comment publicly on the case. They cut their way into the pipe because climbing through it was the only way to get past the outer prison wall, the source said.
Lower bout width is usually the measurement of the actual guitar. I just drew out a 24" diameter circle and tested both of my guitar cases. My normal case would fit with a little bit of space on either side. My fancier one that is waterproof and has much more cushioning inside would not fit.

I doubt he had a fancy waterproof case though. If he had a standard case it probably would fit, but if there were corners or bends in the pipe, that might have been a bit of a challenge to navigate.

I was wondering about the length of case with regard to the hole in the pipe as well.

Not all guitar cases have hard sides, right? Perhaps they were not using a hard-sided case, but rather a soft one? Just a thought.

This is my biggest question and I asked this several times yesterday.

If a car did not pick them up and they are on foot why hadn't the bloodhounds been able to track them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrina