NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek: HOLY CANNOLI! Just when you think there is no way this can get any crazier, you find out offing Tillie's husband was part of the plan.

Wow.

I can't decide if I'm more shocked that she intended to have these guys murder him, or that she sang like a canary to LE about it without a lawyer present.

She's crazy.
And just when you think you've reached the bottom of her craziness, there's a crazy underground garage!

I'm a brand new member to Websleuth although I've been lurking for a little while. My sister has been a member here for a long time, though...but this manhunt has inspired me to get a membership so I can join the discussion.

Here's my take on this case:

1) I strongly believe Matt and Sweat have left the area. My first thought was they probably fled to Canada but now after this long without a sighting, they could be anywhere.

2) If they ARE still in the area, they have broken in to an abandoned cabin or home and are laying low. I'd be shocked at this though, since it would mean they squandered their head start on leaving the prison.

3) Joyce Mitchell was a dead woman walking if she had, indeed, gone with them. Dead weight and a hindrance to their movements...they would have killed her early in the escape after her usefulness was over.

4) The new revelations that she possibly wanted them to kill her husband -- shocking but not totally surprising. She seems to have some mental issues.

5) I suspect the pair of prisoners has probably split up by now, each to fend for themselves. Would be easier to stay free alone than as a tag team. I wouldn't discount the possibility that one of the prisoners killed the other in a fit of rage or frustration. Anything is possible with these two.

6) The prisoners will NEVER go back to prison. They will fight to the death.

I want these guys caught. At the same time, it has become a fascinating story I just can't get enough of. There's an element of excitement and mystery to this whole thing...not knowing where they are and the small layers of what seems to be an elaborate plot being revealed seemingly by the hour now.

:wagon: SBurrus!

I'm a brand new member to Websleuth although I've been lurking for a little while. My sister has been a member here for a long time, though...but this manhunt has inspired me to get a membership so I can join the discussion.

Here's my take on this case:

1) I strongly believe Matt and Sweat have left the area. My first thought was they probably fled to Canada but now after this long without a sighting, they could be anywhere.

2) If they ARE still in the area, they have broken in to an abandoned cabin or home and are laying low. I'd be shocked at this though, since it would mean they squandered their head start on leaving the prison.

3) Joyce Mitchell was a dead woman walking if she had, indeed, gone with them. Dead weight and a hindrance to their movements...they would have killed her early in the escape after her usefulness was over.

4) The new revelations that she possibly wanted them to kill her husband -- shocking but not totally surprising. She seems to have some mental issues.

5) I suspect the pair of prisoners has probably split up by now, each to fend for themselves. Would be easier to stay free alone than as a tag team. I wouldn't discount the possibility that one of the prisoners killed the other in a fit of rage or frustration. Anything is possible with these two.

6) The prisoners will NEVER go back to prison. They will fight to the death.

I want these guys caught. At the same time, it has become a fascinating story I just can't get enough of. There's an element of excitement and mystery to this whole thing...not knowing where they are and the small layers of what seems to be an elaborate plot being revealed seemingly by the hour now.

:welcome6::welcome::greetings: great first post because i agree with every word :D.........

here's your welcome basket of honey and make yourself at home..............

and i agree, it's almost like the trainwreck you just can't help but look at.........the plot just keeps thickening........

nice to have you "aboard" :seeya:

Another first poster, this thread is great, and I am learning a lot from you sleuth's!
A few newbie comments based on guess work:
She will get charged with conspiracy to commit murder against her husband tomorrow. They will be caught this week in the wooded area, as there was no back up plan, and were relying on JM the whole time....their one fatal mistake. I think they will be caught together as everything they have teamed on has worked so far... A lot of guards at the jail will be fired.
I also think this story has way more comparisons to breaking out of Alcatraz than Shawshank, and I do think both these guys will attain legendary status, if they haven't already. great to meet you all! :-)

Another first poster, this thread is great, and I am learning a lot from you sleuth's!
A few newbie comments based on guess work:
She will get charged with conspiracy to commit murder against her husband tomorrow. They will be caught this week in the wooded area, as there was no back up plan, and were relying on JM the whole time....their one fatal mistake. I think they will be caught together as everything they have teamed on has worked so far... A lot of guards at the jail will be fired.
I also think this story has way more comparisons to breaking out of Alcatraz than Shawshank, and I do think both these guys will attain legendary status, if they haven't already. great to meet you all! :-)

:welcome6::welcome::greetings: also a great first post even though i don't agree w/some of it :D lol

here's your welcome basket of honey as well and i LOVE the "handle"..........people will be constantly saying "dr. watson i presume?" :D

happy sleuthing :seeya:

Hi all, do you have the link for downstairs? I know, everything stays down there. Thanks

Maybe I've missed it, but have there been many/any reports of suspicious crimes/attempted crimes around the search areas? Burglaries, breaking and entering etc.
I suppose police may not release this info if they think it's important...though it would also be good for the community to know so, hmm.
Absolutely no reports at all would really have me suspecting they're not there.

Thank You Queenie!....I am quite shocked no one grabbed that name here...I almost fell over! Never presume anything!! lol

Maybe I've missed it, but have there been many/any reports of suspicious crimes/attempted crimes around the search areas? Burglaries, breaking and entering etc.
I suppose police may not release this info if they think it's important...though it would also be good for the community to know so, hmm.
Absolutely no reports at all would really have me suspecting they're not there.

I have been wondering the same. Why are they still searching these close, but very vast, expanses of forest. I get that they really have to...because if they didn't, and they don't rule out this area...there will be hell to pay if they are still there and not caught.

I am just so concerned for all of the LEO's involved. Their mental and physical well being is being challenged, big time!! And it is just so unlikely they are still there. They had quite a bit of time to get out.

On the other hand, no reports of car jackings or missing persons - I assume? So not sure how they would have gotten far away. They could have told JM that she was needed and included in their plan...but is there a possibility they made plans with someone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mebleswiata