NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if it takes LE years to find them. I saw one former US Marshall on CNN today saying to the effect, "Oh, we WILL find them!" I'm sure LE will keep plugging away but the when is something else. If Matt & Sweat can refrain from killing someone else, I think it could be a while before they're found.

can refrain from killing concur!!

That Daily Mail article link from epiphany was the best article yet.

Sweats could of wrapped Matt in Saran Wrap!

slowly is the only word that popped in my skull! There is much that just does not add up! Wonder if all that stuff was (the pipe the manhole etc was a total cover, and someone opened the front door and they split with their gutar case of food and water !!

As bad as they both are...Sweat is a cop killer and I have to think they will always, always be looking extremely hard for him.

Matt should separate himself from Sweat if he already hasn't unless Sweat has something to offer him.

Also from your link
(snip)

Police have also not been able to rule out the possibility that the escapees used the internet to research the layout of the 170-year-old prison's underground piping system and that they had maps and drawings.
---
There's much more on this. Thank you for posting this must-read article epiphany!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's be real. They have not been able to rule out the possibility of ANYTHING at this point. If all they have is plan Z Tillie's info, I doubt they will ever figure out exactly how this really went down.

LE has said No confirmed sightings

What does "confirmed" mean? That someone from LE also saw them? That they were able to catch a clear photo w/ their phone? There has apparently been enough credible (albeit not confirmed) sightings that led LE to intensely search several area.

The graphic was great - and revised my notions about the number of people invovled !!! For some guy with a back problem, and the other one does not look exactly in shape - just physically that is quite a lot of work.

ANd I stick to my story (ha) anyone playing around in those places has to get DIRTY! How could every guard, and other inmate (they have loyaliites- but not all the same ones) not notice that at 1030 they showered and ready for a bit of shut eye, and at 530 , morning after morning, there dirty. Thats messy work !!!

It seems they had the run of the catwalk -- I wonder if that gave them access to someplace where they could wash up?

Except that the couple who came home (and their house close to the prison) after midnight and found them in their yard (with the guitar case) only saw the two -- not a third person. IF they had gotten picked up at the manhole -- they'd have driven off immediately -- not loitered around in someone's garden.

I hear you, but I am skeptical about whether that couple really saw the escaped convicts.

I have been gone all day. Anything new I need to know about? Thanks!

What does "confirmed" mean? That someone from LE also saw them? That they were able to catch a clear photo w/ their phone? There has apparently been enough credible (albeit not confirmed) sightings that led LE to intensely search several area.

I don't think they would consider the one 40 miles south credible. I'd be interested in hearing exactly what LE is calling credible sightings.

I have been gone all day. Anything new I need to know about? Thanks!

I've been clicking all day, nothing, nada. Check out the sleuthing, good stuff there.

I hear you, but I am skeptical about whether that couple really saw the escaped convicts.

I believe they had details that had not yet been released in the media, that is why the cops found it credible.
Also, the dogs picked up their scent in that backyard. :twocents:

They were making uniforms, they could have made guard uniforms worked their way to the parking lot and driven right out of there using guard passes from her husband after threatening the both of them with aiding them.
Either way the planning was meticulous and they have been steps ahead of everyone the whole time. I totally believe Tillie was the patsy, she was set up from the beginning and both of them had her heart. This had all been going on for two years, that is a lot of time to plan an escape in great detail. These guys knew exactly where they were going and how long they were going to be there. I believe they will also eventually be caught as the world is too connected. I do not think they are in the area anymore as this plan was too precise.

I suspect at this point, and after this long, we will have to wait for one of them to do something to signal their location. I doubt the two are still together anymore.

:eek: His kitchen cabinets are the same color as his old prison cell? You'd think making your home look absolutely nothing like the 8x10 tank you were locked up in for however long would be job one.

A company I worked for gave employees the opportunity to paint our individual offices any color we wanted. The manager opted for this same color, Prison Green. He said it was soothing. There's nothing comforting about walls symbolic of a prison cell.

I'm new to the case, but other than their survivalist skills, planning, cunning, and nothing to lose
attitude, could they have some folks on the outside helping them? One of them has a way with the ladies. I am sure their mail, visitors, calls have been checked. Whether supplying them with money, a place to wash up, a ride--could be connections rooting for the "bad boys" that they made before imprisonment or "met" during as pen pals. Also ex-prison mates. I don't know if this has been discussed: My partner who is following the case said an FBI agent thought their relationship could prove the breaking point.
Great movie with that theme, how the interpersonal dynamic of two guys on the lam brings them down: "This is not a Love Song."
Amazing personalities to pit themselves against the nation's best manhunters and believe they have a chance.
It would not surprise me if a groupie here or there is aiding and abetting their cause, and if not lined-up in advance, could be encountered on the run.
Splitting up would be smart. Hope they do not take hostages in a last-stance desperado move.
Lock your doors? I heard this was the advisory.
More like praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

EXCLUSIVE: 'She would have been killed within a week.' Clinton County Sheriff says the 'Shawshank' escapees planned on MURDERING their 'lover' Joyce Mitchell, who is now on suicide watch in prison

On-the-run killers David Sweat and Richard Matt would have murdered prison employee Joyce Mitchell within a week of their escape, a top law enforcement official believes.

Poor thing, she missed out on the Darwin Award. :gaah:

:eek: His kitchen cabinets are the same color as his old prison cell? You'd think making your home look absolutely nothing like the 8x10 tank you were locked up in for however long would be job one.

You would be surprised to know how many Correctional Facilities use "color therapy" to paint the walls based upon what Mental Health professionals deem as soothing to inmates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3