NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Conspiracy theory here....what if they have been holed up in the cabin this entire time and because the CO is under suspicion a ruse had to happen. That really was them close to the NY/PA border, they were transported there and dumped. The cabin sighting wasn't really as it was reported. An alibi had to be created for their DNA to be discovered in the cabin, hence the peanut butter, water jug, left behind belongings, etc and the runaway dude. I know I read too much on here, but I'm really curious about all of these strange twists and turns. Wouldn't it be something if Tillie is just the tip of the iceberg on this?

I wonder if they had their shoes on when they fled? Maybe they just took off their bloody socks but had their shoes on?

When walking in inappropriate footwear, I have had bloody feet from rubbing on places on my feet.

Walking through land that is not groomed, it is incredibly difficult. I wonder if they travelled at night in order to avoid detection? That would be really hard with no llight

The area on both sides of the power lines are kept cleared. The clearance is so wide you can see the straight lines on satellite maps.

I would say they had moonlight, but no, its only waxing crescent now. That means it was new moon (or no moon) when they escaped. I doubt this part of a plan.

There might have been some extra clothes at the cabin. I think they've been cabin hopping though. It doesn't seem they were there that long.

Stoves and generators still need fuel.

"When the owner of the hunting cabin arrived to check on the place earlier Saturday, the owner saw signs of people being inside, two officials briefed on the case told ABC News.

The owner shouted and then saw at least one person bolt from the cabin, according to officials.

When police arrived they saw food left behind, officials said.

The food was then collected by investigators, from which positive DNA samples were confirmed from both suspects, an official briefed on the search said.

<snip>

""The trouble is the terrain around this cabin is very, very rough terrain. It's hard to do a perimeter," Schumer told ABC's New York station WABC. "But they have hundreds of law enforcement people trying to work on the case and make sure that they find him. This is the closest they've come in the 11 days but they are still a ways from catching him." "

http://abcnews.go.com/US/ny-prison-escape-dna-matches-found-campground-west/story?id=31938273

This is day 17 :confused:

CNN is talking to two guests now. Asking how significant is this lead. John Cuff, retired US Marshal is talking about how they won't be able to tell how old the DNA is. My own personal comment to that is that it's been widely reported that the DNA was fresh so they must have been able to tell by sight or something, as someone else suggested. I do think IMO it was probably from the bloody socks that were reported to be present, which they'd be able to tell if it was fresh or not. JMO

I often think guest commentators would be best off reading WS before going on the air to stay up to date with what they should say!
But what's the definition of "fresh"? Does it mean 24 hours? 72 hours? A week? In this instance, a couple of days could make a big difference in terms of where to search.

JMO

But what's the definition of "fresh"? Does it mean 24 hours? 72 hours? A week? In this instance, a couple of days could make a big difference in terms of where to search.

JMO

Younger then 17 days.

I was wrong about it being from the bloody socks, it was from food left behind in the cabin (probably the peanut butter left open on the table IMO). But no idea why they said it was fresh.

They said "the last 48 hours."

JMO

JMO

If there was food involved, like bread, you could tell how long it had been sitting out without any tests.

I'm pretty sure the reports said they found both escapees DNA on food.

CNN reporting the prisoners were snitches. So when they are caught they will be a fountain of information, won't they?

This guest on CNN is saying something about these 2 escapees being prison snitches which is why they were in honor block and so the guard wasn't surprised at all when he was asked to pass the block of frozen hamburger meat into the cell.

Not sure I followed him, maybe I missed something. I follow what it SOUNDS like he was saying but still.. I feel like I missed something. They're gonna come back to this story in a bit so I hope I will hear more about this at that time.

Reason Matt & Sweat were given so many privileges

is that both escapees were Snitches!

CNN reporter on Wolf: His source tells him^^

The area on both sides of the power lines are kept cleared. The clearance is so wide you can see the straight lines on satellite maps.

I would say they had moonlight, but no, its only waxing crescent now. That means it was new moon (or no moon) when they escaped. I doubt this part of a plan.

There might have been some extra clothes at the cabin. I think they've been cabin hopping though. It doesn't seem they were there that long.

Stoves and generators still need fuel.

There are powerlines not far from my house but not the huge ones. Walking is still difficult even though it is cut. Land is not without dips and furrows.

It is stated they followed power lines. Would they travel in the daytime? Seems hard to believe

IMO the DNA likely did come from food injested/untensils, cups etc. I still think the 48 hrs. came from the blood. Based on how wet/dry it was and ambient temps. factored in. That's just my assumption.

When walking in inappropriate footwear, I have had bloody feet from rubbing on places on my feet.

Walking through land that is not groomed, it is incredibly difficult. I wonder if they travelled at night in order to avoid detection? That would be really hard with no llight

And now that one of them (Sweat?) is apparently barefoot, I would imagine his feet are pretty torn up by now. He's got to be leaving a trail of blood for the dogs to pick up on.

If there was food involved, like bread, you could tell how long it had been sitting out without any tests.

I'm pretty sure the reports said they found both escapees DNA on food.

I think you can leave some kinds of bread out forever and nothing happens to it because it us so artificial

I think you can leave some kinds of bread out forever and nothing happens to it because it us so artificial

Bread is gonna start to get hard, even if it is Wonder bread!! LOL!! If exposed to air I mean. Not in a sealed plastic bag.

IMO the DNA likely did come from food injested/untensils, cups etc. I still think the 48 hrs. came from the blood. Based on how wet/dry it was and ambient temps. factored in. That's just my assumption.

It is also possible the 48 hours come because the cabin had been checked.
If I owned a cabin in the area I'd be checking it every 48-72 hours. :twocents:

Bread is gonna start to get hard, even if it is Wonder bread!! LOL!! If exposed to air I mean. Not in a sealed plastic bag.

I think that is one of the breads they show out in the desert a year later and it is still fresh. Don't know for sure. Google is my friend. Gotta go look

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper