NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CNN is talking to two guests now. Asking how significant is this lead. John Cuff, retired US Marshal is talking about how they won't be able to tell how old the DNA is. My own personal comment to that is that it's been widely reported that the DNA was fresh so they must have been able to tell by sight or something, as someone else suggested. I do think IMO it was probably from the bloody socks that were reported to be present, which they'd be able to tell if it was fresh or not. JMO

I often think guest commentators would be best off reading WS before going on the air to stay up to date with what they should say!

Dumb question....bloody socks? Because why? Not likely from tripping over branches in the woods or the like if wearing shoes. Hurt during initial escape mebbe?

Discarded underwear. Suggests maybe they've been in this location for awhile? Otherwise, ewww, same underwear for 2 weeks? Why take them off now and not earlier? And why leave for trackers to find?

These guys might be smart in some ways, but trusting Tillie to actually show up? Could they really have been that sure of their charms?

Seems there has been a lot of rain in the area reported last few weeks. If one is walking around in wet footwear it's going to cause blisters and eventually bleeding. IMO Tillie had already helped and was all in. Until she didn't help lol

"When the owner of the hunting cabin arrived to check on the place earlier Saturday, the owner saw signs of people being inside, two officials briefed on the case told ABC News.

The owner shouted and then saw at least one person bolt from the cabin, according to officials.

When police arrived they saw food left behind, officials said.

The food was then collected by investigators, from which positive DNA samples were confirmed from both suspects, an official briefed on the search said.

<snip>

""The trouble is the terrain around this cabin is very, very rough terrain. It's hard to do a perimeter," Schumer told ABC's New York station WABC. "But they have hundreds of law enforcement people trying to work on the case and make sure that they find him. This is the closest they've come in the 11 days but they are still a ways from catching him." "

http://abcnews.go.com/US/ny-prison-escape-dna-matches-found-campground-west/story?id=31938273

Seems there has been a lot of rain in the area reported last few weeks. If one is walking around in wet footwear it's going to cause blisters and eventually bleeding. IMO Tillie had already helped and was all in. Until she didn't help lol

Makes sense about the blisters, if they walking long stretches without being able to dry their socks and shoes/ boots in between. Having a difficult time believing they've been shelterless for this long, though. And isn't the cabin only 20-26 miles away from the prison? That's a 1-2 day leisurely hike if they walked it in a relatively straight line.

The Tillie thing. I've been assuming she was plan B. And I still don't believe they told her their real plans, including that 7 hour drive thing.

Makes sense about the blisters, if they walking long stretches without being able to dry their socks and shoes/ boots in between. Having a difficult time believing they've been shelterless for this long, though. And isn't the cabin only 20-26 miles away from the prison? That's a 1-2 day leisurely hike if they walked it in a relatively straight line.

The Tillie thing. I've been assuming she was plan B. And I still don't believe they told her their real plans, including that 7 hour drive thing.

I wonder if they were holed up in another cabin prior. Reports earlier stated there were hundreds. I have held the belief that Tillie was plan A. I agree tho I think they would have killed her and ditched her car. That was their plan B. IMO

This prison has a history of lax security. Mafioso are the biggest beneficiaries. Paulie Vario of Goodfellas fame is the most notable . The scene in prison with Paulie cooking was an accurate portrayal. Don Frankos is probably the most famous but not well-known of prisoners to the outside world. He killed Richie Bilello in Dannemora. Frankos also claims to of been part of the crew who killed Hoffa after a paid furlough(while at Dannemora) allowed him to travel to Detroit and commit the murder. Of course, the FBI knows this but won't reveal this info. Read more in the book Contract Killer by William Hoffman and Lake Headley. Note plugging the book. Just another place to find info and history about Dannemora.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/ny-prison-escape-dna-matches-found-campground-west/story?id=31938273

"Sources told the Press-Republican that law-enforcement officials have DNA confirmation on both men that leads them to believe the sighting at the hunting camp was valid.

It is a strong lead, multiple sources said.

Boots, bloody socks and toiletries were found, along with a water jug and jar of peanut butter that had been opened at the camp, the Press-Republican has been told.

The agencies involved in the search got are getting fast turnaround on forensics information because this is a high-profile, highly dangerous case."

<snip>

Terry Bellinger, owner of Belly’s Mountain View Inn in nearby Owls Head, told the Press-Republican that a local man, armed with a handgun, went to check on his camp off Wolf Pond Road on Black Cat Mountain on Saturday and saw a jug of water and a jar of peanut butter on the table.

Bellinger said the camp owner yelled for whoever was inside to come out.

The person saw a man run out the back but could not tell whether it was one of the fugitives, said Bellinger, who noted the camps in that area are empty most of the year and often have canned goods in them.

The Press-Republican has confirmed that the camp is owned by a group of correction officers. There is no indication that information on the camp's location was provided to Matt and Sweat."

<snip>

""The dogs have got a good track, and we are tightening the perimeter," one official told the Press-Republican Monday, "so within the next 24 to 48 hours, we're confident they will be caught."

Law-enforcement officials close to the investigation said a hard perimeter was being set up Monday and the big push should begin on Tuesday.

FOLLOWED RAILROAD BED

It looks like Matt and Sweat followed the power lines and an old railroad bed from Dannemora to Lyon Mountain and into Standish, the sources said.

"And from that, it looks like Mrs. (Joyce) Mitchell was Plan A (as their ride out of Dannemora). There was No Plan B," one said.

"They don't have a plan now, other than to evade us.""

Killers. Pplanned. Pretty. Good,but forgot.about. Insect s weather. Conditions. Bet they had no callases. On hands or feet til now.

dedamwriter &#8207;@KimDedam 2m2 minutes ago

LEO says @pressrepublican "hard perimeter was being set up Monday and the big push should begin on Tuesday #PrisonBreakNY #manhunt
0 retweets 0 favorites
dedamwriter &#8207;@KimDedam 5m5 minutes ago

Official: "dogs have got a good track, and we are tightening the perimeter...confident they will be caught" 24 to 48 hrs #PrisonBreakNY
0 retweets 1 favorite

dedamwriter &#8207;@KimDedam 10m10 minutes ago

#hunting #cabin bunkhouse w no phone #siting Saturday #PrisonBreakNY Encounter at the camp
http://www.pressrepublican.com/news...cle_fdeb0a50-aaf4-53f4-a736-cd23810ad2ae.html &#8230;

I often think guest commentators would be best off reading WS before going on the air to stay up to date with what they should say!

Yeah, I've noticed that a lot of them really didn't have a clue about what was going on by the questions and comments they had&#8230;both guests and the talking head.

Our dear GGE could you please find something to do for say half an hour or so. Then news will come in LOL I'm bored

When walking in inappropriate footwear, I have had bloody feet from rubbing on places on my feet.

Walking through land that is not groomed, it is incredibly difficult. I wonder if they travelled at night in order to avoid detection? That would be really hard with no llight

Our dear GGE could you please find something to do for say half an hour or so. Then news will come in LOL I'm bored

:p

I dunno. This couch is pretty comfortable even though nothing whatsoever is going on. I guess I could but then I'd have to give someone here my phone number so they can text me if anything good happens so I don't miss it. LOL

The coincidence of the century! IMO

Perhaps? A poster did point out earlier that the Prison is the largest Employer in the area and no surprise that Employees would have property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmoothieQuota