NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well lets hope the owner/s of this cabin know exactly what was left there and what is missing. And of course are truthful.

Conspiracy theory here....what if they have been holed up in the cabin this entire time and because the CO is under suspicion a ruse had to happen. That really was them close to the NY/PA border, they were transported there and dumped. The cabin sighting wasn't really as it was reported. An alibi had to be created for their DNA to be discovered in the cabin, hence the peanut butter, water jug, left behind belongings, etc and the runaway dude. I know I read too much on here, but I'm really curious about all of these strange twists and turns. Wouldn't it be something if Tillie is just the tip of the iceberg on this?

Can you please explain further what you mean??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They can be so arrogant to think that Tillie would do ANYTHING for them

So if they had her and a car , they were all set. Did prison employees pay cash for the art,so to speak? I hate to give him any credit. If so, they could have had a stash of money.

mindblown-kramer.gif

Ha!!!!!!!

"Beth Bellinger, who co-owns Belly's Mountain View Inn, points out to the Buffalo News that there are many prisons in the area. She cautions those jumping to conclusions that the correctional officer who own the camp are employed at Clinton Correctional.

"You've got correctional facilities everywhere, two in Malone, Ray Brook, there's a federal prison in Ray Brook too," Bellinger explains. "There are a lot of facilities.""

http://www.syracuse.com/crime/index...soners_hid_owned_by_corrections_officers.html

"Authorities believed as of Monday morning that sometime in the preceding 48 hours escaped New York convicts Richard Matt and David Sweat had been inside a hunting cabin 15 miles from the Clinton Correctional Facility prison they escaped from, the New York Times reports. Officials believe DNA testing has linked the missing convicts to the scene, the paper says."

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...caped_convicts_manhunt_underwear_edition.html

NEW YORK STATE POLICE
Major Charles E. Guess
Troop B Commander

PRESS RELEASE

The New York State Police continue to aggressively pursue leads in the search for David Sweat and Richard Matt. More than 2,000 leads have been developed and each lead is being followed until it is exhausted.

State Police continue to investigate a lead in the Owls Head area of Franklin County. Evidence was developed that the suspects may have spent time in a seasonal hunting camp in this area. Law enforcement are on scene searching for more evidence.

As of Monday, more than 1,000 law enforcement officers from state, local and federal agencies are assisting in this search. Officers and Forest Rangers from the Department of Environmental Conservation, as well as officers from the Department of Corrections and Community Supervision, FBI, U.S. Marshals, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Vermont State Police and the Clinton and Franklin County Sheriff’s Offices are all providing assistance in the search. All available assets are being deployed around the clock, including canine and aviation units.

The region around Dannemora remains a primary focus of the investigation. We ask the public to remain on alert, take any necessary safety precautions, and remain vigilant about reporting anything that is out of the ordinary.

This is especially true of seasonal camp owners now that the summer season is here. If you return to your camp and anything is out of place call 911 immediately.

State Police also want to renew our call to those who have trail cameras set up around the region to let us know if you have captured footage of any suspicious activity. No lead is too small to investigate.

Law enforcement is maintaining a strong and visible presence in the region and that will continue until we bring this matter to a close.

The State Police want to thank all of our law enforcement partners on the state, local and federal level for their collaboration. The resources, expertise and experience they provide are invaluable to our investigation.

The public should not hesitate to report any suspicious activity including any signs of a trespass, burglary or vehicle larceny. Contact 911, your local law enforcement agency, or the New York State Police to report any information related to this investigation at (518) 563-3761 or 1-800-GIVETIP. Tips can also be sent by email to crimetip@troopers.ny.gov.

New York State is offering a reward of $50,000 for information that leads to the capture of either suspect ($100,000 for both). The U.S. Marshals Service has placed Sweat and Matt on their 15 Most Wanted Fugitives List, and is also offering a $25,000 reward for information that leads to the capture of either suspect.

https://www.nyspnews.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=46277

JMO They had to have had food to eat! It's going on 3 weeks! I doubt that they carried enough food for that long...maybe a few days. They must be really weak...JMO

It is also possible the 48 hours come because the cabin had been checked.
If I owned a cabin in the area I'd be checking it every 48-72 hours. :twocents:

really? you're brave I wouldn't be going anywhere near mine until they were either caught or I was VERY confident that they were long gone from the area

It is also possible the 48 hours come because the cabin had been checked.
If I owned a cabin in the area I'd be checking it every 48-72 hours. :twocents:
But I'd have an armed person with me!

"Authorities believed as of Monday morning that sometime in the preceding 48 hours escaped New York convicts Richard Matt and David Sweat had been inside a hunting cabin 15 miles from the Clinton Correctional Facility prison they escaped from, the New York Times reports. Officials believe DNA testing has linked the missing convicts to the scene, the paper says."

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...caped_convicts_manhunt_underwear_edition.html

48 hours ago is when the owner caught one of them running from his broken-in cabin.

It sounds like they didn't conclude that the DNA evidence necessarily proved to be up to 48 hours old, but through deductive reasoning came to that conclusion. JMO

really? you're brave I wouldn't be going anywhere near mine until they were either caught or I was VERY confident that they were long gone from the area

Absolutely.
We've had a couple situations like this here.
The guns at the cabin are locked up.
Without any reason to think they were armed (and knowing I would be) I would be heading up.

Not claiming I have the best judgment however.
Since there was a case when I was younger that has always haunted me.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/sisters-survive-deadly-attack-at-utah-cabin/

No worries though, the cabin is being sold. So I won't be in the situation anyway. :seeya:

Me either but one of the links stated he had a hand gun with him. Sure as heck would not be checking alone.

Lois Clermont ‏@EditorLois 1m1 minute ago

Franklin Co Sheriff Kevin Mulverhill tells Press-Republican that police command center is moving to Titus Mountain in Malone.#PrisonBreakNY

Titus Mountain is a ski area about 5 miles NW of Owls Mountain. Not sure why the move -- maybe more accommodations for all the LE. Or maybe they think the guys headed in that direction?

CNN has Palmer's attorney on who says his client has cooperated and has information he thinks will be useful to them (LE). He said he used them for information about other prisoners who may have caused trouble. They've been talking about the incredibly rugged terrain in the area.

They also said they think the passing of frozen meat with tools inside was about a week before the escape.

CNN banner now reporting there are several Guards being Investigated. I think a whole can of whoop azz worms is coming down the pike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler