NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a link about the cabin area they are searching. I "think" this might be where the prison issued boxers were found in a cabin.

http://www.pressrepublican.com/news/prison_escape/manhunt-intense-in-franklin-county-tonight/article_573e0b40-96e1-544d-a5b5-ad428e1ff03a.html?mode=jqm

This has to be the end of the story. I mean read this and tell me this isn't the plot to a movie, like the rest of this has been -

"Reports are that someone went to check the camp on Saturday and saw a jug of water and a jar of peanut butter on the table. The person may have spotted a man running out the back, according to some reports.

It's raining hard, and flashes of lightning can be seen.

Upstate Correctional and Franklin Correctional, prisons located in nearby Malone, were towing in more portable lights as darkness descended."

This has to be the end of the story. I mean read this and tell me this isn't the plot to a movie, like the rest of this has been -

"Reports are that someone went to check the camp on Saturday and saw a jug of water and a jar of peanut butter on the table. The person may have spotted a man running out the back, according to some reports.

It's raining hard, and flashes of lightning can be seen.

Upstate Correctional and Franklin Correctional, prisons located in nearby Malone, were towing in more portable lights as darkness descended."

My first thought…Why run.

wonder if they split up? sweat has back problem no meds?
found 1 pair of prison undies..........did one chite himself?

http://m.pressrepublican.com/news/p...b40-96e1-544d-a5b5-ad428e1ff03a.html?mode=jqm

MOUNTAIN VIEW — The search for two escaped killers is intense in the small Franklin County community of Mountain View.

Matt, 48, and Sweat, 35, escaped from Clinton Correctional Facility in Dannemora on June 6, launching a massive manhunt that has had area residents living on edge for more than two weeks.

POLICE SWARM AREA

Mountain View, population 2,444, is abuzz with action tonight.

Surplus military trucks and four-wheelers have rolled in, and light towers are set up at intersections all along Route 26 and 27, with trooper cars at each crossroad.

“There definitely is a lot of law enforcement,” Terry Bellinger, owner of Belly’s Mountain View Inn in nearby Owls Head, told the Press-Republican this evening.

Police have been combing the area for the past few days, he said, but their presence definitely increased today.

The State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision has a mobile unit there, as well, according to Bellinger.

And two State Police vehicles whizzed by his business, located at 2 Wolf Pond Road, with lights flashing just before 8 p.m., he said.

Lois Clermont @EditorLois
Some of the many trooper cars at the search site in Mountain View. pic.twitter.com/2q5bVbYdfK
View image on Twitter
Expand
9m
Busload of officers from Coxsackie Correctional arrives, getting instructions before joining search. #PrisonBreakNY
ExpandReplyRetweetFavorite
48m
PR reporter Denise Raymo: Troopers head out wearing yellow slickers, carrying maps, bottled water. #PrisonBreakNY

Mountainview, NY is about 30 miles WEST of the prison -- very remote area

Am I reading this correctly? If the escapees are in Mountainview, they have only travelled 30 miles?

Forensic evidence leads police back near prison after Southern Tier search fails to find escapees

A law enforcement source close to the investigation told The Buffalo News that on Saturday someone reported seeing two men who matched the descriptions of Richard Matt and David Sweat near Clinton Correctional Facility, from where they escaped two weeks ago.

Then on Sunday afternoon, “forensic evidence” that Sweat was in the vicinity of the sighting was confirmed.

Law enforcement believe the evidence proves the two men on the U.S. Marshals Service’s most wanted list have not gotten far from the prison, at least as of late Saturday.

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-reg...n-tier-search-fails-to-find-escapees-20150621

Forensic evidence leads police back near prison after Southern Tier search fails to find escapees

A law enforcement source close to the investigation told The Buffalo News that on Saturday someone reported seeing two men who matched the descriptions of Richard Matt and David Sweat near Clinton Correctional Facility, from where they escaped two weeks ago.

Then on Sunday afternoon, “forensic evidence” that Sweat was in the vicinity of the sighting was confirmed.

Law enforcement believe the evidence proves the two men on the U.S. Marshals Service’s most wanted list have not gotten far from the prison, at least as of late Saturday.

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-reg...n-tier-search-fails-to-find-escapees-20150621

Could this be old "forensic evidence"? This is all so confusing.

So basically today's events can be described as "their over here, their over there, their everywhere ... but nobody knows exactly where"? The media is really hyping things, I get the feeling that they want this to end in a bloody shootout or something. Whenever the media talk about Sweat and Matt they are "police have them surrounded near ____" only to find out they arent there or they were there last week. Tone it down media!

Someone buy that gal a pair of great big glasses.
Trust me. She will not be eligible for the reward by the time they are captured or killed.

Call now and win a Million Dollars.

Lol. Same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members