NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the tools weren't actually in the meat. Maybe it was a carton or box that had been resealed.

ETA- If the guy who saw them at the cabin had to go back to the hotel to report it, they had time to back and collect things. Just thinking.

Did they have refrigerators in their cells in which to keep this frozen meat? I can't imagine the meat being too big in size if they didn't. It almost sounds like they lived in college dorms.

Oh my! Just tuned in. Our camp is about 7 miles down the road closer to State Rt. 30 :0. Interesting Tillie also lives(lived)across highway 30 maybe 15 minutes a straight shot to the west of Mountain View. I know the area relatively well.

This is one of the first two cases I've been following and wow has this been a roller coaster. High Hopes for LE out there, having looked at google earth images of the area it's not going to be an easy search at all. I think the thing that strikes me most is the sheer haphazrdness of the individual after escaping...Like it was said, these guys were pretty intelligent, even being so much so as to one of them being called a master manipulator... And yet, it seems their plan isn't going the way it should be given they are so close to the escape point. Except for, and this is opinion/speculation, it isn't a bad idea to hide locally when your being looked for like this. Searches will typically begin very close to the escape point and spread from there. If you wait it out and can avoid being found in the search until it leaves that area, it will at least buy you some time to avoid capture and develop a new plan. Another speculation of mine is that if both DNA's are confirmed on site and only one was seen fleeing, and Matt is a master manipulator, maybe he convinced him to stay there even just long enough to go off on his own given that Sweat does have a disability and would be ore of a hinderence, not to mention he's a more recognizable guy to me. Again, all speculation but just saying, maybe these guys/this guy do have a plan. OR maybe they are just freakin' out right now and have no clue what to do since the second part of their plan never occurred. Also, IMO, after looking at the google earth images, if I were them and I came across one of the local lakes, at least the one that to me seems like the area talked about and confirmed in local news source, I'd would definitely be taking a swim, especially if there's a little island on the lake. IF this is the wrong place for speculating about the case like this, feel free to delete this reply. Again, i hope all the LE are safe and warm out their tonight.

fabulous first post and i'm still catching up so i probably missed the newbie party so i brought my own confetti :confetti:
:welcome6: :welcome: and here's your welcome basket of honey!

:seeya:

Did they have refrigerators in their cells in which to keep this frozen meat? I can't imagine the meat being too big in size if they didn't. It almost sounds like they lived in college dorms.
i know! hell, maybe one of them DID have a rita hayworth poster after all lol

Emphasis this evening on CNN was that LE is investigating the tools being smuggled in to Matt inside the frozen meat, Last Week.

How can that be? "Work" beneath the bowels of the prison had prob been completed for weeks, and the last 5 weeks had been practice runs, I thought.

It was prob contraband such as cash, a key/s, IDK, but not tools IMO

There are alot of empty camps and cabins for sale on Wolf Pond Rd. We were looking earlier this spring. I'm actually quite shocked they are in the area. I kind of stopped following the thread and then kaboom! There is the 4H camp nearby as someone mentioned as well as a Scout camp on Rt 30 right near Meacham Lake. Honestly as a Canadian I had no idea how many people are armed in this area. I had no clue.

It's a slow night. If you've got nothing better to do and are interested in reading about small cabin/camp security by owners this is an excellent forum and thread.

http://www.small-cabin.com/forum/1_75_0.html

Thanks.
That is worth the read. There are some good common sense anti-theft and anti-burglary tips in that site.

I espcially like this sign I may have to get for the end of my driveway out near the street: LOL

"INFECTIOUS DISEASE BURN SITE - CLASS III PROTECTIVE SUITS REQUIRED".

Thanks.
That is worth the read. There are some good common sense anti-theft and anti-burglary tips in that site.

I espcially like this sign I may have to get for the end of my driveway out near the street: LOL

"INFECTIOUS DISEASE BURN SITE - CLASS III PROTECTIVE SUITS REQUIRED".

I so want this. Beats my "Welcome to the Funny Farm" sign to pieces. lol

For those of you in the area, how's the natural light tonight? Here in NC the moon is a sliver of light in the western sky, no cloud cover. So it's relatively dark in the woods but for starlight. A good evening to move positions if laying low.

On the bad side for Matt & Sweat FLIR imaging on helicopters should be doing some serious looking for images. If weather permits and they are on foot.

So how's the night sky out there tonight, is it dark? How about the weather?

The area sounds really nice. I am sorry for the locals that have to deal with the stress of those 2 on the loose.

Growing up my parents took us up to the Catskills which I think is far south of there. The Adirondacks sound similar in a lot of ways although I think the Adirondacks are taller and more rugged.

The kids camps sound scary if those 2 are not caught. So sad those 2 are causing such chaos and parents plans changing.

I would definitely be taking a swim, especially if there's a little island on the lake.

Snipped and Bold By Me

I have thought about the water angle a lot in this case. Following creeks and streams for ADK fresh water and fish, swimming for a quick bath (btw...nothing like an ADK swim!) We have discussed the bears, black flies and intense forest...yet there really have been some things going for them up there! Cabins, trails, 'confirmed sightings miles away' etc. Lest we not forget, an outhouse and small cabin is luxury to these guys!

I have got to imagine the adrenaline of breaking out has got to last at least week or two too, after years incarcerated. No? It must have sounded so good...

Yet...bloody socks, lets get back to those. Am I wrong to think that a bloody trail is a better trail for a blood hound? Sure hope so.

For anyone who has ever endured black flies...they have always struck at my sock line, shirt line, hair line etc., leaving blood on my clothing! I have virtually duck taped my pants to my socks for this very reason and worn bug nets. Could the blood on socks be from the black flies, if not other injuries? (You black fly people know what i am talking about).

Snipped and Bold By Me

I have thought about the water angle a lot in this case. Following creeks and streams for ADK fresh water and fish, swimming for a quick bath (btw...nothing like an ADK swim!) We have discussed the bears, black flies and intense forest...yet there really have been some things going for them up there! Cabins, trails, 'confirmed sightings miles away' etc. Lest we not forget, an outhouse and small cabin is luxury to these guys!

I have got to imagine the adrenaline of breaking out has got to last at least week or two too, after years incarcerated. No? It must have sounded so good...

Yet...bloody socks, lets get back to those. Am I wrong to think that a bloody trail is a better trail for a blood hound? Sure hope so.

For anyone who has ever endured black flies...they have always struck at my sock line, shirt line, hair line etc., leaving blood on my clothing! I have virtually duck taped my pants to my socks for this very reason and worn bug nets. Could the blood on socks be from the black flies, if not other injuries? (You black fly people know what i am talking about).

Believe it or not the best treatment for black fly bytes is preparation-H on the bites. Soothes the pain and itching.

The best scent article for tracking dogs is the underwear and those underwear are full of scent lol

Oh my! Just tuned in. Our camp is about 7 miles down the road closer to State Rt. 30 :0. Interesting Tillie also lives(lived)across highway 30 maybe 15 minutes a straight shot to the west of Mountain View. I know the area relatively well.

I was just thinking, they're on a route headed in the direction of Tillie's home in Dickinson Center...

Snipped and Bold By Me

For anyone who has ever endured black flies...they have always struck at my sock line, shirt line, hair line etc., leaving blood on my clothing! I have virtually duck taped my pants to my socks for this very reason and worn bug nets.
Could the blood on socks be from the black flies, if not other injuries? (You black fly people know what i am talking about).

I was thinking maybe blisters that started bleeding but black flies are a possibilty I suppose.

The dogs should be able to just use scent trail if they got good nosed dogs. The perspiration and just their chlothes brushing up against the bushes would leave a pretty good scent trail I would think.

As far as black flies I had one bad experience with them and from that point on I knew you dont want to mess with them. 10 times Worse than any mosquito bite.
Hurt like a dickens.

It was so weird as we were walking down a trail and we must have entered this Black Fly Zone because once we got in this certain area we were under attack. We started to run because they chased us and would bite the crap out of you if you just stood there. We ran about 1/4 mile down the trail and finally got out of their zone. Then on the way back. Same thing. We had to sprint through the zone. LOL

AfterBite is the best thing ever for black fly bites! My bites used to swell up huge. The intense itch was maddening. If you dab AfterBite on the spot a few times, the reaction is stopped in its tracks. I couldn't survive black fly season without it.

AfterBite is the best thing ever for black fly bites! My bites used to swell up huge. The intense itch was maddening. If you dab AfterBite on the spot a few times, the reaction is stopped in its tracks. I couldn't survive black fly season without it.

Never heard of it, prep-h or similar is an old standby military treatment. I'll look for AfterBite. ty

Oh wow. The interview was filmed in Tillie's house?!!!

@LexiNBC: Tomorrow on @TODAYshow: @MLauer's exclusive interview with the husband of #JoyceMitchell http://t.co/43pWlA1jLq
[video=twitter;613137489436508160]https://twitter.com/lexinbc/status/613137489436508160[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper