NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets just call this a rumor because I can't remember where I read it, but today I came across an article saying that a co from the prison was apart of the lease along with others cos from the area. If anyone could help find this article thatd be great I glanced over it on my way to work, where I am now. I'll search for it before I go to bed in the am. This really could be a very interesting development if true. I honestly hope it isn't just due to the possible implications...

It was contained in a post upthread a day ago, that the person who found the peanut butter etc and a man running from the cabin, was a CO and that he and others (CO's) leased that cabin for recreational purposes and he did not want to be identified.

For anyone familiar with Canadian crossings...

Are there not any areas to cross into Canada from New York that are unguarded? Like just woods and wilderness? I don't know...never been up there. My only time in Canada was crossing into Windsor from Detroit years ago.

Absolutely. I went to see my husband who was working in the woods along the border. When I couldn't find him right off, I took this path and popped out onto a golf course on the Canadian side. I was over there for about 20 minutes. No bells or whistles went off. Nor did I see any Border Patrol. After finally finding my husband and told him where I went, he almost had a heart attack. He thought sure we were going to be surrounded by lots of men with lots of guns! And we were at the log landing for about an hour (on the American side). Nope, nothing, nada.

So either I didn't trip a sensor or BP was busy somewhere else.

AFTER I posted my question, I watched the CNN special they had on the prison break last night. Randi Kaye found a clearing and demonstrated how she could just walk across an unmarked line and move from the U.S. to Canada.

I should have watched that special first before posting! But I appreciate everyone's informed responses.

"Pocket typed" my post. Didn't mean to post anything. Lol. Ooppsie!

Peanut butter now, meat and miss tilly's baked goods previously.

I think the peanut butter got left behind on the table of the cabin in their hasty exit. Now they must resort to insects, grubs, and dandelion greens...unless they break into another cabin.

Sounds like they may have:
Albany area man @scottnoel125 found 2 unlocked doors when checked on camp near #PrisonBreakNY search in Mtn View - outhouse & canoe storage
7:12 PM - 23 Jun 2015

I think all you guys that are good with this stuff - maps etc - just think railroads and then tell us- is all this above near a railroad - we have to remeber he used railroad hopping or whatever you call it - riding the rails- when he was on the run before is any of this stuff near railroad tracks?????

There's old tracks in the area, but they're not used now. They're on foot unless they managed to steal a vehicle

It was contained in a post upthread a day ago, that the person who found the peanut butter etc and a man running from the cabin, was a CO and that he and others (CO's) leased that cabin for recreational purposes and he did not want to be identified.

He was a CO but not at Clinton -- he works at a different prison.

I guess all is quiet, no capture or sightings?

Dannemora prison break probe focuses on guard's role
Investigators look at whether suspended correction officer gave escapees tools

The investigation into the escape of two inmates from a maximum security prison in Dannemora is focusing on whether a correction officer may have provided pliers or other hand tools to the escapees, according to a law enforcement official briefed on the investigation.

<snip>

The official briefed on the case, who is not authorized to comment publicly, said investigators are probing whether Palmer unwittingly assisted the escapees by giving them tools. The official said the escapees may have duped Palmer into providing the tools by repeatedly tripping a breaker that fed electricity to their cells and telling the officer they could fix the problem with simple hand tools.

http://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...n-guard-s-6345442.php?cmpid=twittersocialflow

Absolutely. I went to see my husband who was working in the woods along the border. When I couldn't find him right off, I took this path and popped out onto a golf course on the Canadian side. I was over there for about 20 minutes. No bells or whistles went off. Nor did I see any Border Patrol. After finally finding my husband and told him where I went, he almost had a heart attack. He thought sure we were going to be surrounded by lots of men with lots of guns! And we were at the log landing for about an hour (on the American side). Nope, nothing, nada.

So either I didn't trip a sensor or BP was busy somewhere else.

That's a great story! I live in NY on Lake Ontario, and we have a small border patrol station about 2 miles away that supposedly checks the boats coming and going, but I've sat at the marina and watched dozens of sailboats, and larger boats coming and going from the lake, and no one is getting checked. I guess they're not too worried about Canadians invading our shores. Maybe it's different on the Canadian side of the lake.

RE: Saw someone running out of the cabin…

Do they still consider this a credible sighting?

You ARE talking about the cabin where they found DNA of BOTH killers that was fresh within last 48 hours?

Not sure where the link is but that was the cabin where their DNA was collected and prison issue undies, boots were found. So Yes credible.

asking about the sighting itself not the items found there

i also wondered about the concealing of weapons in meat. A hacksaw blade has to be at least 10" in length (enter funny comment about Matt's tool here). How do you cover that with ground beef without someone noticing unless she was bringing them huge 5 pound tubes of meat? (Ok, there is no way to discuss this without laughing)

I've always pictured pre-formed patties like they come in the store, in stacks of two side by side with the hacksaw blades in between a couple of patties. Like these:

frozen-hamburger-patties.jpg

<rsbm>

http://www.24news.ca/the-news/canad...surveillance-fence-along-the-canada-us-border

Above is just for a matter of interest. Unfortunately this 700 km project (Quebec-Maine through Oakville, Ontario) isn't scheduled for completion until 2018. The good news is, that in this particular case, Canadian officials will be fully aware of the potential for these escapees to try running the border in a secluded area, so I'm pretty sure that CBSA security will be heightened with the existing technology and manpower. Combine that with US drones, and there's a good chance these guys won't make it across.

Agree. Their best chance at crossing would have been in the very early hours of the escape. Since that apparently didn't happen I think these guys are getting boxed in and soon will be caught. IMO

According to the interview with Dog the tip about the cabin came in on Fri and was checked out on Saturday, so these two probably had been in that cabin for a while. The items left behind may have not been needed, they probably had replaced them with others from the cabin, I'm not putting too much credence in the suggestion that one may not have shoes or boots on. I think these guys probably had supplies hidden in the woods behind the house "in case" they had to make a speedy retreat. I doubt they were just hanging out there with no plan for someone coming up on them. Sorry for the run on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95