NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

It makes me wonder if the searchers are on their side.

Interesting. I'm gonna throw this on the table...

As I understand it, there had recently been (or was about to be) budget cutbacks that presumably would have some effect on correctional staff. Could the apparent assistance provided by corrections staff to facilitate the escape have been labors attempt to demonstrate that cutting staff would be detrimental?

Crazy things (even crazier that this) occur in labor-management situations.

Interesting. I'm gonna throw this on the table...

As I understand it, there had recently been (or was about to be) budget cutbacks that presumably would have some effect on correctional staff. Could the apparent assistance provided by corrections staff to facilitate the escape have been labors attempt to demonstrate that cutting staff would be detrimental?

Crazy things (even crazier that this) occur in labor-management situations.

I do believe that there's more to this story than we know, how deep it goes is yet to be determined. Everyday it seems we are getting new Tillie revelations, or so it seems. I bet we'll soon hear that they did indeed have burner phones.

That's a great story! I live in NY on Lake Ontario, and we have a small border patrol station about 2 miles away that supposedly checks the boats coming and going, but I've sat at the marina and watched dozens of sailboats, and larger boats coming and going from the lake, and no one is getting checked. I guess they're not too worried about Canadians invading our shores. Maybe it's different on the Canadian side of the lake.

About 20 years ago my mother and I were visiting family friends and she let some of them take me out on the motor boat. When we returned I showed her a bottle of water I had brought back with me full of "Canadian water". It was a novel thing to just motor to the far end of the lake and back, it was just open water, maybe the boat driver had some way to know where the "line" was but for me as a child I had no clue.

asking about the sighting itself not the items found there

They're calling the sighting credible but still unconfirmed because the DNA / forensics ties definitively to them but hte sighting cannot be tied to them. It is at least technically possible that the men came in there and left hours or maybe days before another person who was seen running out the back, like perhaps an accomplice of theirs.

So no sighting has not been confirmed. There's no way to know whether the human running out the back was one of these humans.

I'll be in and out here this a.m. and gone til eve as of noon. So maybe something will break?

I do believe that there's more to this story than we know, how deep it goes is yet to be determined. Everyday it seems we are getting new Tillie revelations, or so it seems. I bet we'll soon hear that they did indeed have burner phones.

It's been said for at least a week now that other prisoners have reported seeing these guys with cellphones. Tilly says she didn't donate those to the escape cause though.

Maybe the shoes, socks, underwear, and blood were left and only one was seen running out the back because one is dead and the other is eating him slowly.

just kidding. mostly.

Maybe the shoes, socks, underwear, and blood were left and only one was seen running out the back because one is dead and the other is eating him slowly.

just kidding. mostly.

What a thought. I'm actually surprised that they are still together, if they are. LE seems to think they are.

"James Pray, who used to work with Mitchell at the prison, spoke to CNN about the inmates.

"(Matt) wasn't a model inmate, but he did all the right things, didn't give me no problems," Pray says. "David Sweat was a little sneaker, basically I thought he'd the the one who masterminded the whole thing.""

http://www.wkbw.com/news/search-continues-for-matt-sweat

I think that is an unusual thought process.

However it makes sense, and explains why they are still together IMO. Matt is the muscle, Sweat is the planner.

"At the time of their escape, Matt, 48, and Sweat, 35, were housed next to each other on the prison’s honor block, which awarded inmates who showed good behavior special privileges such as having hot plates and refrigerators in their cells."

http://fox6now.com/2015/06/24/priso...-help-killers-in-ny-prison-break-source-says/

I know some were debating whether those would be in a common area with dozens and dozens of inmates sharing them, or whether they'd be in the inmates cell. These were in each inmates own individual cell, just like their tv sets were. One per honor block prisoner, if commissary funds were available for them to purchase them (the TVs anyway).

I'm going to be in and out today too, maybe the lack of activity right now is the calm before the storm.

According to the interview with Dog the tip about the cabin came in on Fri and was checked out on Saturday, so these two probably had been in that cabin for a while. The items left behind may have not been needed, they probably had replaced them with others from the cabin, I'm not putting too much credence in the suggestion that one may not have shoes or boots on. I think these guys probably had supplies hidden in the woods behind the house "in case" they had to make a speedy retreat. I doubt they were just hanging out there with no plan for someone coming up on them. Sorry for the run on...
IMO they wouldn't have put any supplies nearby the cabin they broke into or anywhere outside given that they would have no way to know where a person may come from that they would then have to avoid. What if someone comes in from the angle they'd have to run in to grab said items? That's a question they'd likely be asking themselves. Not saying they didn't have supplies ready, but i doubt they were hidden in the woods or something. Even if they didn't think about someone coming from the directions said supplies were in, given they probably spent days wondering this heavily forested area, they'd haveto know how hard it would be to go and find said items later on. They obviously aren't taking huge risks out there or they;d have been caught, I wish they would take some bigger risk then breaking into and spending time in a seemingly abandoned cabin. But they probably did have some kind of back up supplies, especially the boots. Whosever boots they are, that inmate probably found a pair of shoes in a comparable size. ALTHOUGH if they would have happened to be a map of the area in the cabin, that opens the doors to all kinds of possibilities. With a map they would even be able to predict where LE/searchers would come from and where they would be in general during a search.

How dumb would a guard be to allow a big pile of frozen meat weighting more to be given to an inmate? Say maybe it weighted 5 lbs. For 1 guy? It would have to thaw out and be cooked asap. Do these killers have refrigerators? Sinks? & ovens in their cells? Why not just a piece of meat at a time?
How long did JM work there?
She sure influenced men & not by her looks. Jmoo

"“Every rock, every nook, every cranny’s going to be looked at here,” former U.S. Marshal John Cuff said on CNN’s Anderson Cooper 360. “And it’s going to be very difficult with the challenges that are presented in the woods up there.”

Those challenges include a densely forested landscape riddled with ravines, bogs, creeks and cliffs — terrain that makes it very difficult to spot a person on foot, even if they’re only a short distance away."

http://fox6now.com/2015/06/24/priso...-help-killers-in-ny-prison-break-source-says/

Iv'e seen at least one poster mention "wide open Parks" ... don't misunderstand the name of the "Adirondack Park". It's merely the largest wildlife area/nature preserve/untouched wilderness area in the United States. It is not a "park". There are not swings and slides and trails and manicured lawns. There is an expanses the size of the state of Vermont which doesn't allow cutting down trees, plowing out roadways and paving them, killing animals, clearing brush, etc without specific guidelines being met. You can't even use motorized vehicles throughout much of it.

It's basically the biggest clusterfark that mother nature has ever created which mankind has left alone on this particular continent.

And it has bears.

I know I ikeep quoting this but it keeps seeming necessary:

"The park covers some 6.1 million acres (2.5×106 ha), a land area roughly the size of Vermont and greater than the areas of the National Parks of Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Glacier, and Great Smoky Mountains combined"

" In 1884, a commission chaired by botanist Charles Sprague Sargent recommended establishment of a forest preserve, to be "forever kept as wild forest lands."

"The lands of the state, now owned or hereafter acquired, constituting the forest preserve as now fixed by law, shall be forever kept as wild forest lands."

"As a result of the legal protections, many pieces of the original forest of the Adirondacks have never been logged and are old-growth forest."

https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Adirondack_Park

https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Adirondack_Park#Land_use_classifications

--------

"Of the Adirondack Park's 6 million acres, 2.6 million acres are owned by New York State. The remaining 3.4 million acres are privately owned.

Within the Adirondack Region is the largest publicly protected area in the contiguous United States. It is also home to 105 towns and villages. There is often a misperception that the Adirondack Park is a national or state park, yet the region's mix of public and private land allow for conservation and civilization to thrive."

"The Adirondack Park boasts 3,000 lakes and ponds, and 30,000 miles of rivers and streams, therefore Adirondack waterways are vast, wild and primal -perfect for New York canoeing and kayaking. The 46 tallest mountains within the park are called the Adirondack High Peaks. Mount Marcy is the highest point in the entire state of New York, towering 5,343 feet above the High Peaks Wilderness Area. "

http://visitadirondacks.com/about/adirondack-park

How dumb would a guard be to allow a big pile of frozen meat weighting more to be given to an inmate? Say maybe it weighted 5 lbs. For 1 guy? It would have to thaw out and be cooked asap. Do these killers have refrigerators? Sinks? & ovens in their cells? Why not just a piece of meat at a time?
How long did JM work there?
She sure influenced men & not by her looks. Jmoo

Yes they had refrigerators and hot plates inside their cells. See my recent post for a quote and link supporting this.

CNN good now. Asking WHY JM asked for favors and did favors for just these 2 killers? No one noticed? Ha, to late to wonder about her plans.

FWIW today is the first day of summer vacation for some schools in upstate NY. Not sure about all the way up in Owl's Head. I know they were still in session up there yesterday.

PS - I hear helicopters overhead again today like for the past 4 days or so, at least once a day (I live on the NY/PA border) and also again yesterday crossing the border on route 17/I86 the state troopers were making every single big truck pull off for truck inspection. I haven't seen that NOT happen one single day since the escape. Used to be I"d see it maybe one out of every 3-4 times I'd cross. And they're not even thought to be around here. So I"m glad to see all this beefed up security.

ETA - this time they were checking them in both directions, too, not just heading out of NY and into PA.

JM must of duped allot of people for these 2. Who is in charge of moving them side by side? IMO there are more than her + 1 CO involved. Call it stupid or naive like her husband. A seamstress called the shots in a max prison?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95