NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still trying to get caught up on this thread, but it moves so quickly that it's nearly impossible :eek: Has anyone mentioned Anderson Cooper's interview with Gene Palmer's attorney last night? Andrew Brockway made sure he addressed the prison cuts several times during the conversation with AC. I couldn't help wondering if that's really what's behind the escape and that Joyce Mitchell wasn't acting alone in her efforts to expedite a prison break. :moo:

Since you're asking point blank I hope you don't mind me quoting you and saying that I actually vehemently do NOT believe that to be the case. I tend to try to just scroll past stuff I don't agree with unless I have a link to show why, but in this case you ARE specifically asking.. all I have is my gut instinct that leads me to say this. JMO.
And I respect your opinion and hope that I'm wrong. It was partly rhetorical... But it would be so Hollywood to have 'evidence' planted to throw off the search while I see the camera panning in to a remote island with the two cocky escaped-inmates watching CNN out on the pool deck while they grinningly sip drinks.

Isn't it possible that police officers have walked right passed them? If the forest is so thick like they say, that could be possible. They could be hiding anywhere. under a house, behind something, etc. If they don't have dogs with them, I think they could walk right on by.

And I respect your opinion and hope that I'm wrong. It was partly rhetorical... But it would be so Hollywood to have 'evidence' planted to throw off the search while I see the camera panning in to a remote island with the two cocky escaped-inmates watching CNN out on the pool deck while they grinningly sip drinks.

Funny thing is my gut instinct the day they broke out was that somehow they'd sail to Spain and Matt would be found wooing women on a yacht. I had to stop and ask my gut WTF it was on. LOL. The way things are going in this case, your scenario is more likely to be accurate than any other I would think. I mean who could dream any of this stuff up?? :)

Still trying to get caught up on this thread, but it moves so quickly that it's nearly impossible :eek: Has anyone mentioned Anderson Cooper's interview with Gene Palmer's attorney last night? Andrew Brockway made sure he addressed the prison cuts several times during the conversation with AC. I couldn't help wondering if that's really what's behind the escape and that Joyce Mitchell wasn't acting alone in her efforts to expedite a prison break. :moo:

Exactly. See my prior post (#202).

Someone responded to this a couple of pages back, saying it was a terrible interview that smacked of excuse-making. I didn't see it myself, what do you think about that assessment?

IMO it was 3 minutes of sex and 27 minutes of regret and horror (for Sweat) combined with discussion about the escape plans.

ETA - I wonder if miss tilly's dna was on those prison undies. Did they check? I hope they check.

:thud:

Isn't it possible that police officers have walked right passed them? If the forest is so thick like they say, that could be possible. They could be hiding anywhere. under a house, behind something, etc. If they don't have dogs with them, I think they could walk right on by.

I think it is very possible. It has been reported searches need to be shoulder to shoulder. We sure have seen the case in searches for Victims. A body discovered feet away from areas already searched.

Exactly. See my prior post (#202).

DH and I both had the same reaction to AC's interview with Brockway. He seemed determined to insert prison cutbacks into the conversation whenever possible instead of answering questions posed by AC. Seemed to me that Brockway (who represents union) had a specific agenda. Joyce Mitchell doesn't seem smart or worldly enough to help prisoners carry out this elaborate escape plan. I suspect we'll eventually learn that there were a number of COs involved. :moo:

I really wish someone would explain what kind of baked goods these were. For some reason the lack of clarification is bothering me greatly. Was it cookies? Mud cake? Buttery biscuits? Was Tilly giving up free hot pie? Seriously, I have to know!

If LE are using ATV's, they are being HEARD.....forest is so thick, that they can lay low off trail and not be seen. Hopefully they have dogs with them...JMO