NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they were really spotted at the cabin, then what is the concensus about the Friendship sighting?

-Was it a false sighting at Friendship?

The cabin is near the prison escape point about 30 miles from it. So what is the concensus about Friendship area sighting?

False sighting. They were a football field away from Brandy, the "eyewitness". cpaul rightly suggested they get that gal a great big pair of glasses in the last thread. She doesn't know what she's seeing apparently and was mistaken.

I'm beginning to think this is at the root of the dynamic duo escape. :moo:

I've been at that point for a week or two or three, who can keep up this has gone on so long.

Where do we all think the $100K in reward money came from so fast? Savings from the budget cuts IMO.

Don't get me wrong, I"m not putting the blame OFF of Tilly or anyone else who traded favors for baked goods. I'm just saying that the budget cuts made this all ridiculously easy IMO. To not man the towers because of budget cuts is just one example, and forgoing the catwalk inspections/steam tunnel inspections is another.

I understand the frustration about budget cuts, but CO Rules still apply. The purpose of their job is to protect society from having to fret about violent criminals getting back out on the street. It is not to buddy-up with them for snitching favors, sexual favors, or artistry, to name a few. If the CO's do their jobs, no one escapes. GRRR. I have NO sympathy for Palmer. JMO

No. Matt was from the Buffalo area in the northwest of NY state. Sweat was from the Binghamton area, along the NY/PA border, in the southeastern part of the state. Neither was from the area around Dannemora, which is in the northeastern part of the state.

Thanks everyone. This helps.

The state of NY is actually much larger in area than I usually give it credit for. I tend to forget about the northern parts. I am most familiar with Manhattan area and have visited Catskills a few times but never ventured way up north or northwest.

Thanks everyone. This helps.

The state of NY is actually much larger in area than I usually give it credit for. I tend to forget about the northern parts. I am most familiar with Manhattan area and have visited Catskills a few times but never ventured way up north or northwest.

LOL NYC is the tiniest little teeny weeny part of NY, what's it like a 30th of the land of ny or something? NY state is mostly rural farmland and forests, NOT cities. :) This is a common misconception. When I was a kid and went to visit family in Kansas we'd sometimes go to the local pool and friends of my counsins would get introduced to me and ask "WHERE DO YOU FIND A PLACE TO LIVE?? ARE THE APARTMENTS ALL SLUMS??" LMAO

I understand the frustration about budget cuts, but CO Rules still apply. The purpose of their job is to protect society from having to fret about violent criminals getting back out on the street. It is not to buddy-up with them for snitching favors, sexual favors, or artistry, to name a few. If the CO's do their jobs, no one escapes. GRRR. I have NO sympathy for Palmer. JMO

To use the term "bribe" with the trading of baked goods in exchange for favors for the cons when speaking about how Tillie coerced and manipulated COs, takes me back to my elementary school days: He always gave me extra cookies at lunchtime and that's why I did (Fill-In-The-Blank) for him.

LOL, just read Joyce being referred to the Martha Stewart of the NY prison system...she bakes, she sews, she's a recipe maker and she's most "welcoming".

False sighting. They were a football field away from Brandy, the "eyewitness". cpaul rightly suggested they get that gal a great big pair of glasses in the last thread. She doesn't know what she's seeing apparently and was mistaken.

You have a great memory!
Yes, a football field away...and didn't she say one had red facial hair? There are a couple of these sighting tips that aren't Kosher...meaning to me a purposely false tip called in.

After they're apprehended I hope they go back and investigate and charge if warranted the couple of tips that took LE on a wild goose chase costing millions of dollars.

LOL NYC is the tiniest little teeny weeny part of NY, what's it like a 30th of the land of ny or something? NY state is mostly rural farmland and forests, NOT cities. :) This is a common misconception. When I was a kid and went to visit family in Kansas we'd sometimes go to the local pool and friends of my counsins would get introduced to me and ask "WHERE DO YOU FIND A PLACE TO LIVE?? ARE THE APARTMENTS ALL SLUMS??" LMAO

NYC: New York City's land area covers 321 square miles, over 205,000 acres. Excluding streets and major bodies of water, almost 6.9 billion square feet of land (over 150,000 acres) are available for use."

Adirondack park part of NY state all by itself excluding the entire, larger, rest of NY: 6.1 million acres.]

In labor-management issues, there are effectively no rules.

For either labor OR management? If it is just a free-for-all, management doesn't have to honor mission statements or contracts, either. JMO BEDLAM

LOL, just read Joyce being referred to the Martha Stewart of the NY prison system...she bakes, she sews, she's a recipe maker and she's most "welcoming".

When Tillie's convicted and serves prison time, she'll publish a series of cookbooks: Tillie's Tantalizing Tidbits. Tillie's Titillating Treats. Tillie's Toothsome Tarts. :D

sorry got pulled away before I got a chance to post this so it's probably seeming random by now but:

new-york.jpg

NYC (including long island) is the little tiny tail jutting out at the bottom that almost seems disconnected from NY state. Everything else is ... everything else. Maybe this will help give an idea of how vast NY truly is. :)

Someone responded to this a couple of pages back, saying it was a terrible interview that smacked of excuse-making. I didn't see it myself, what do you think about that assessment?

Re AC360 Interview: CO's attorney was not used to having his responses questioned by an experienced interviewer, and it showed. Was not prepared to be challenged. It was cringe-worthy imo

For either labor OR management? If it is just a free-for-all, management doesn't have to honor mission statements or contracts, either. JMO BEDLAM

Kinda sounds to me like there was already a degree of 'bedlam'... for whatever reason. And, I agree, that in severe labor-management disputes, both parties achieve rule-less behaviors in various manners.

I just do not think it a stretch to think some may have felt that an escape (or near escape, for that matter) would be an effective way to encourage a rethink of budget cuts.

I do believe that there's more to this story than we know, how deep it goes is yet to be determined. Everyday it seems we are getting new Tillie revelations, or so it seems. I bet we'll soon hear that they did indeed have burner phones.

I was thinking that they have had continuing help. It's just too bizarre that with all the resources the searchers have, these men are always one step ahead.

When Tillie's convicted and serves prison time, she'll publish a series of cookbooks: Tillie's Tantalizing Tidbits. Tillie's Titillating Treats. Tillie's Toothsome Tarts. :D
And guess who the illustrator will be!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member