NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a homicide survivor, I am angry after reading all the privileges granted to these two murderers. I understand there are those groups on the outside that fight for prisoner rights and rehabilitation and humane treatment. Neither of these two showed humane treatment to their victims.

IMO the employees that helped these two escape lost sight of why these murderers were incarcerated in the first place. Yes, I am jaded and I have no sympathy. It is my hope that these two murderers are caught ASAP and put somewhere they never see the light of day, ever again. I have no idea what the payoff was for Palmer or Tillie, but they belong behind bars too. IMO

As a homicide survivor, I am angry after reading all the privileges granted to these two murderers. I understand there are those groups on the outside that fight for prisoner rights and rehabilitation and humane treatment. Neither of these two showed humane treatment to their victims.

IMO the employees that helped these two escape lost sight of why these murderers were incarcerated in the first place. Yes, I am jaded and I have no sympathy. It is my hope that these two murderers are caught ASAP and put somewhere they never see the light of day, ever again. I have no idea what the payoff was for Palmer or Tillie, but they belong behind bars too. IMO

I am not jaded. I am not a survivor. I agree with you 100+%!!
I have no sympathy for these two monsters or anyone that enabled them. Knowingly or not.

Our prison system is so broken all over the country. We release repeat offenders for them to do more harm every hour, there's no accountability to the past or concern for the future victims.

Does anyone know what a "door to door" search involves, do they just check in with the occupant or do they do a more involved search? What if you're not home or the property is vacant?

I was thinking that they have had continuing help. It's just too bizarre that with all the resources the searchers have, these men are always one step ahead.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why dogs were not able to track them from that cabin to whereever they are now. Even footprint tracking by a good human tracker should have been able to accomplish tracking them.

They had an exact spot where they were known to have been and at most a day or so had passed. So why could they have not been tracked from that cabin?

Is somone on the tracking team demanding they use his own personally trained dogs and his dogs are more of a house dog that occasionally sniffs out an old shoe? LOL

What about a good man tracker for foot tracks and broken twigs?
We have all seen those shows where they track humans on horseback. So why are they not able to find them from that cabin?

Im beginning to think they are not utlizing good resources in this effort.
It seems the latest news we got was everyone was heading back to the command center.

I am not knocking the people doing the hard work on the ground as they are just taking orders and doing a fine hard job. I am questioning the administrative part of this serch effort at this point.

:gaah:I'm still waiting to hear how Tillie got those glasses with lights in the Prison :scared:

Methinks budget cuts are the root of the dynamic duo escape. :moo:

I think it was complacency. Cuomo's just a handy target IMO. When you have a $10B budget problem, you have to trim the fat from somewhere. And when you pay a prison seamstress and maintenance worker (who can't read/write) $57K each, you might be overpaying for labor. But unions are a topic for another day...

"Budget cuts are to blame" is a face-saving excuse by complacent management and unionized workers who got caught with their knickers down. But that's JMO!

Guess I'm just a clueless observer, but I would think that CO's and civilian employees would value their own security from bribery or injury or worse, by adhering to the rules.....if not for society in general. What is the value of even HAVING that job, if not to secure a decent living? You can't enjoy your trips to the hunting camp if you are dead or incarcerated, or jobless. JMO

How do you take out meat, baked goods, all types of food etc and not have your husband notice? My husband would be pizzed if I took a whole pie to work and none of it came home LOL! (Cause he loves pie) But seriously how does that work? And to make it even more crazy they work at the same place..so he'd definitely notice if he was not getting MEAT, PIE etc at work. So lets say I take 10 raw or frozen hamburgers to work and 2 pies. By Friday if my hubby had only gotten one hamburger and one piece of pie...he'd have some questions.
Apparently Lyle was either not noticing or something..I mean wasnt his grocery bill getting out of control? Is he stupid?
Another thing is.. I believe Tilly chickened out when it came time to do the get a way car. She knew she would lose her job, get caught and seriously, how could she think that two prison inmates really wanted a loving life time relationship with her? It was all a very unwell thought of plan that had no good outcome for her at all. I also don't think the inmates really wanted her, or even really expected that she would show up. They used her IMO and her hubby is either in denial or just totally Blind, and stupid.

Re AC360 Interview: CO's attorney was not used to having his responses questioned by an experienced interviewer, and it showed. Was not prepared to be challenged. It was cringe-worthy imo

The attorney was so flustered he barely made sense. It was painful. If I was Gene Palmer, I'd be having a confidence problem with my attorney! I love AC. He's so good while maintaining good manners.

It has been reported many times that the rains have greatly hampered the search dogs. There was a CNN Reporter in part of the woods this a.m. she said there was standing water in parts due to all the rainfall. I read earlier or heard no rain today so hopefully LE can catch up to them.

What about a good man tracker for foot tracks and broken twigs?
We have all seen those shows where they track humans on horseback. So why are they not able to find them from that cabin?

SBM someone on CNN said yesterday that with 1000 LE combing the woods trackers would be useless at this point, 1000 people are breaking twigs and leaving footprints etc. plus they said the police don't have very many people who track. If there's a transcript on CNN.com for yesterday between maybe 11am and 8pm then it would be somewhere in those hours but I'm afraid I can't narrow it down much more except to say I think it was afternoon/evening. Otherwise not sure I can provide a source better than CNN.

Guess I'm just a clueless observer, but I would think that CO's and civilian employees would value their own security from bribery or injury or worse, by adhering to the rules.....if not for society in general. What is the value of even HAVING that job, if not to secure a decent living? You can't enjoy your trips to the hunting camp if you are dead or incarcerated, or jobless. JMO

Cause Tilly don't think with her head! So your reasoning wont work for her..she thought these inmates loved her! Lyle apparently didnt make her feel SPECIAL. This kinda crazy activity has been going on since as long as man has walked the earth. Crazy people with larger than life libidos making stupid decisions. Or just crazy people making crazy decisions, happens daily.

Off I go for the day folks. Hoping today is the day.

I enjoyed listening to the retired FBI agent on the CNN special last night. IIRC he stated these two do not appear to have planned beyond the escape. Now that we see them fumbling around out there- I begin to question the level of support these two had in the escape plan. They have not known freedom in a long time and the FBI agent feels they will make a mistake and get caught. He feels that LE is guiding their path by controlling road access. I sure hope so!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member