NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops sorry I meant what they showed exactly about the ease of getting into Canada. Did they show a possible routing they could have taken by foot. Did they suggest they scaled fences? Or was it just as simple as walking across a field or something?

I was trying to attach the whole 31 min. broadcast but it posted that instead. Sorry. I will try again.

The name of the hunt camp where one of the owners surprised the escapees was "Twisted Horn." The group that use the cabin are the "Twisted Horn Hunting Club" and they've been using it for about 15 years.

"Also, investigators were also looking into whether the inmates had bought cell phones from a female correction officer who authorities had discovered was selling them to inmates for a $1,000 apiece, sources said."

http://hostyourownwebsite.org/news/...horn-hunting-club-owls-head-article-1.2268225

Very generous profit margins for that lady. :D How would that even work ? They are first people to escape since 1845 so.... Would she only offer them to honor block members or....?

Very generous profit margins for that lady. :D How would that even work ? They are first people to escape since 1845 so.... Would she only offer them to honor block members or....?

Very generous profit. You could sell them tracfones and also mark up minute cards.

Funny little rascal puppy being nutsola on the bed - half fell off you should have seen her eyes as she tried to regroup funny!

I would think so but then again it's been raining like mad from what I understand for the most part of the past couple of days at least.

"Wet weather would complicate the job of dogs working to track down killers Richard Matt and David Sweat, Shannon Bresett says.

“They’re going to really have a hard time, with the rain, to keep that (scent) track on the ground,” she said on Tuesday, when torrential downpours drenched Franklin County, where K9 units were among the specialty teams searching for the fugitives."

http://www.pressrepublican.com/news...cle_706648a2-56e9-5a94-9464-0710ba859ce3.html

What the heck are these guys eating? They should turn themselves in. It sounds like their life was pretty darn good in prison.

Amazing how corrupt this prison is and we are only hearing about instances involved with these two escapees.

Locals, looks like Owl Head is about 35 miles to the border, is that right?

Hmm yeah that sounds about right I guess as the crow flies.
Here's the thing though, the "Big Daddy" of Border Crossings in this area is Champlain/Lacolle. That's about a 45 minute drive from Owl's Head. It's one of the biggest and busiest crossings in Canada so I would assume that a good portion of the perimeter around it is well protected. How long that perimeter is I have no idea. But a few miles west of it you'd have the Mooers/ Hemmingford crossing which is small but manned and then a little further west you'd have the Trout River crossing which is also small and was due to be shut down due to budget constraints. The distance spanning the busy crossing at Champlain all the way west to Trout River is roughly 45-50 miles. It's not really a huge distance considering the vastness of the border from sea to sea so I don't know how easy it would be to cross really. That's why I was curious about the CNN segment.

I completely forgot that there is also the Covey Hill, Chateauguay, and Churubusco crossings in there as well. I have never used these particular ones and the Churubusco is only for entry into the US but they are all manned 24 hours. So that's actually 6 manned border crossings in a relatively small area.

What the heck are these guys eating? They should turn themselves in. It sounds like their life was pretty darn good in prison.

Peanut butter now, meat and miss tilly's baked goods previously.

Hmm yeah that sounds about right I guess as the crow flies.
Here's the thing though, the "Big Daddy" of Border Crossings in this area is Champlain/Lacolle. That's about a 45 minute drive from Owl's Head. It's one of the biggest and busiest crossings in Canada so I would assume that a good portion of the perimeter around it is well protected. How long that perimeter is I have no idea. But a few miles west of it you'd have the Mooers/ Hemmingford crossing which is small but manned and then a little further west you'd have the Trout River crossing which is also small and was due to be shut down due to budget constraints. The distance spanning the busy crossing at Champlain all the way west to Trout River is roughly 45-50 miles. It's not really a huge distance considering the vastness of the border from sea to sea so I don't know how easy it would be to cross really. That's why I was curious about the CNN segment.

I think all you guys that are good with this stuff - maps etc - just think railroads and then tell us- is all this above near a railroad - we have to remeber he used railroad hopping or whatever you call it - riding the rails- when he was on the run before is any of this stuff near railroad tracks?????

Peanut butter now, meat and miss tilly's baked goods previously.

cease I am craving a peanut butter hamburger with a donut on the side cease ..........

Amazing how corrupt this prison is and we are only hearing about instances involved with these two escapees.

The correction officers jobs are boring - it is walking people from the dining room, to the rec room, back to their cells. It is unlocking and counting- its ripe for enticement- its not a rewarding job. Its dangeroues - I never felt scared after the first couple of weeks , if they attacked a clinician or admin person they get time added on peroid.

I always thought well thats good - but why if you attact a correction officer is it different. I learned. We were all trained , one of my guys was beat up by a correction officer - bad (I had him fired the next day) broke my heart - he knocked his eye out of his skull. I came in on a Sat to do paperwork and everyone ran up to me and told me Michael was in seclsuion- I will never forget, for as long as I live, when he heard my voice he rolled over on the bed - his eye was gross.

NOt ok - the correction officer had no right to assualt one of my guys - it was horrible- the stories I lived - correction officers are McDonalds workers that earn more than the whopper flippers sorry that was my experinece- often inappropriate, ready to pounce as opposed to deescalate, engage inpower and control stuff - just not an educated group of folks..........

a third of the time the correction folks were more a worry to us than the guys themselves

They all made bad choices , but if you repsect them where they are today, most of the time they will give you the same back, it sounds odd, i know, but most of em were neat troubled pained folks who did very bad behaviors

Act now and order this cookbook for just 3 easy payments of $19.95 (and one really difficult one that must be paid in pennies issued in 1945 only), and we will include the bonus informational DVD "Forty Ways to Roast Your Wiener" from the upcoming television series "The Well-Endowed Chef".

But wait... there's more....!!! Order before midnight and get a free bamboo wok!

I don't know much about railway lines in this area. All I know for sure is that there is a CN line at Rouses Point and most passenger rail traffic would cross there. Rouses Point is just east of the big NY/Quebec border crossing and just west of Vermont. The bridge to Vermont is actually in Rouses Point. I'd have to look into railway lines in more detail.

I don't know much about railway lines in this area. All I know for sure is that there is a CN line at Rouses Point and most passenger rail traffic would cross there. Rouses Point is just east of the big NY/Quebec border crossing and just west of Vermont. The bridge to Vermont is actually in Rouses Point. I'd have to look into railway lines in more detail.

These guys were sewing MTA uniforms remember... What's to say they didn't pack two in that guitar case..

Long time WS member here. First time on this thread. A couple of things: did any of you see the Slate.com article re prison romances mentioning Tilly and the boys? I will try and find the link. But at the end of the article, it said that Matt and Sweat may be "hearing the wind calling out 'Tilly'" - !!!! I have been laughing all day at the writing. Secondly, is anyone totally shocked that these guys cannot (seemingly) be found? I mean REALLY??!! They are up against hundreds of LE types in a relatively small area. I am baffled. It makes me wonder if the searchers are on their side. Lastly, a donut shop here offers maple bars with real chunks of bacon on top. Just to be mean..... Sorry. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState