NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to some recent posts on Twitter, the Clinton County scanner feed has been removed from the Broadcastify app and website, and all other scanner sites as well.

When I originally saw this photo of the steam pipe I assumed the wadded up green item was their prison clothing, but now I wonder if it was this "green cloth"?
635697030245215079-pipe.jpg

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...k-vermont--david-sweat-richard-matt/71117332/

If this pipe is cast iron, my hubby said all you do is score it and tap it and it breaks easily. Cast iron gets brittle

Why would they cut the feed? I've not been this close to a moment by moment chase before. tia

If this pipe is cast iron, my hubby said all you do is score it and tap it and it breaks easily. Cast iron gets brittle

Some type of steel, I believe. Originally I thought cast iron as well.

The official said the escapees may have duped Palmer into providing the tools by repeatedly tripping a breaker that fed electricity to their cells and telling the officer they could fix the problem with simple hand tools.

I find this hard to believe. In the places I have worked both corporate and government, I was not allowed to even put a nail in a wall in my office to hang a picture. If I needed this type of work done, we were required to opening a request for a maintenance person. In this place they allow an untrained and uncertified person to do electrical work? What if his unskilled work caused a fire and people were hurt or killed? Budget cuts or not it seems hard to believe that things were so lax that this would be allowed.

I don't have Twitter- can anyone provide some tweets possibly? Would appreciate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GGE, would you please finish your coffee and go out shopping for the day so they'll be caught?! (Just kidding).
i tried to do my part my friends.....all i got for my trouble was coming back to ws this moring and having 30 THIRTY pages to catch up on........as i was leaving yesterday, i told mr bee that if these scumbags were caught without me i was going to be so upset :hilarious:

going out of town for a few days next week to the family vineyard for a reunion celebration and some work and if they aren't caught before then i may have to have a tillie "panic attack" and stay at the wifi area of the house instead of the swimpond/bluffs/vineyards........priorities ya know :floorlaugh:

j/k........uh sorta lol

i missed you people :D

Why would they cut the feed? I've not been this close to a moment by moment chase before. tia

Could it possibly that LE has determined that Matt & Sweat have access to a scanner & therefore cut the feed?

Could it possibly that LE has determined that Matt & Sweat have access to a scanner & therefore cut the feed?

They either have access themselves or access to someone who has access, imo.

Just a hunch. I think they are in contact with someone.

JMO.

monitoring twitter here, seeing nothing unusual.........

They would cut the feed because it's been known Sweat used police scanners in the past, and because they've widely reported in this case that they suspect for some reason that they're doing the same thing now. IMO if other prison inmates saw them with cellphones while still in prison they surely have broadcastify or a similar app now and have been using it all along, plus internet itself perhaps.

ETA:

http://www.pressconnects.com/story/.../10/david-sweats-brutal-path-prison/71017500/

"Sweat had once told [RMH], his mother's boyfriend, that he used a scanner to help him evade police and that "if the cops came for him, he'd blow them away," Henry told police."

ETA:

"Authorities also are concerned that Matt and Sweat may be monitoring radio communications, the source said,"

http://ktla.com/2015/06/22/dna-from...side-a-burglarized-cabin-in-upstate-new-york/

TWCNews says Palmer used a credit card to pay his $25K bail and was released shortly after midnight last night. They don't sound like they have anything new right now but I've got it on in the background for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member