NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO there is allot more shadiness of Palmer to me. Caring for wife is a ruse. She could have VNA, disability money and 'life insurance to him' He needs her on his taxes. She really doesn't need him. After 10 years, girlfriend would get sick of this. IMO being a caregiver gets old. Motive + pay off would be to have escapees to kill her. JMOO plus how disabled with MS is the wife? My friend has had MS for 7 years and she does well so far.

Re: MS there's no point in trying to analyze how disabled she is. MS gives you good days and bad days. You can be bedridden today and walking tomorrow. We don't even know what kind of MS she has. MS is not a disease to question the seriousness of. Not IMO.

"Informed sources tell the Press-Republican that forensic confirmation came back Thursday night that at least one of them was also in a cabin in the Town of Malone.

Just before 7 a.m. today, automated phone calls alerted residents in Malone and Constable to expect an increased police presence"

<snip>

"Three busloads of searchers were dropped off near Sonny Morales's home at the intersection of Trout River Road and Stebins Road in Constable at about 7 a.m.

The United States international border with Canada is within sight of his front yard"

from your link.

Also from the link about 2nd cabin with DNA-
""What they told me was they are to try to push them back to the prison," he said, adding that the personnel "treated me with respect, beautiful."

Ironically, Morales moved to the area from Rochester last fall because he didn't feel safe there anymore, and now he has armed, uniformed officers on his property looking for escaped killers.

While on patrol in the woods not far from the border, CERT members were overheard talking about their thoughts and their duties as some grumbled about the swampy conditions and thick mosquitoes.

"This may seem worthless, but it makes the people feel comfortable that we're looking," a member said. "We're not getting out of here until they're confirmed someplace else.

"Until there is a confirmed sighting at a 7-11 in Texas or something, we're going to be here," he said."

How far is this from the other cabin/where in relation?

Good morning. Still think that the bloody sock and other items in the cabin were a diversion. I remember saying that on Sunday or Monday that I thought it was a distraction from the other search on the PA/NY border and how coincidental that it happened as the info was coming out about Palmer. What a roller coaster ride this search is.

I'm not 100% on board with the DNA diversion theory, but I think I'm headed that way.

The spray painted note (which I realize not everyone thinks was Sweat's work, but I think it's very possible) was found in Binghamton on June 10th or 11th. Then there was a sighting on the 13th in Erwin, another on the 14th in Lindley, and the one on the 20th in Friendship that turned that area into a "hot spot." (I included GGE's post below showing the sightings leading to the possibility that they were riding the rails.)

The same day LE said there was this "credible" (their words) sighting and they swarmed Friendship, the CO cabin renter claimed he saw someone run out the back door of the cabin. No description...just someone. The underwear, bloody sock, boots, and positive DNA made LE abandon Friendship...just as it was getting super hot. Palmer being investigated at the same time may or may not be a coincidence, but I'm beginning to believe the cabin "sighting" at the same time as Friendship getting so hot is no coincidence.

There are 1000+ LEOs combing those woods in the Owl Head area. These two may be smart, but they're not magicians. They can't make themselves present in that cabin and then suddenly vanish into thin air. I realize searching in that area is logistically very challenging, but I think they have to be getting help on the outside to either keep them one step ahead of LE, or as you suggested, to intentionally divert LE's attention.

I noticed some stuff that didn't make sense regarding the path the guys would've made to get from Dannemora to Lindley to Friendship so I will go ahead and re-post this map that shows the likely path, which of course presumes they're riding the rails on freight trains as often as possible:

CH-41JpVAAElt4n.jpg:large

There is no doubling back IMO AFAIK.

Oh geeze. After that long post, now I see there's new DNA evidence in a second cabin. I give up lol.

How far is this from the other cabin/where in relation?

Straight line.... ~20 - 30 miles.

ETA... Sorry, my mistake, First cabin (Twisted Horn Hunting Club) to Malone = ~13 miles straight line.

20 - 30 miles to that property within sight of CDN border.

"AT LEAST ONE" was in the cabin in Malone.

ONLY ONE was seen running out of the cabin in Owl's Head, though both of their DNA was in the peanut butter jar. But only ONE"S fingerprints were on it. Sweat's I believe.

:thinking:

There was the previous post that 1 of the paitnings got 2000.00 on ebay.

Maybe they were overly optimistic that his art was worth more than what it really was.

If they had not been familiar with artwork it may have floored them thinking the guy was the next Michealangelo.

My mind is boggled by the big to-do over prisoner paintings. Who would want that crap? If one sold for $2K on eBay, that blows my mind. WTH, is there some sort of underground market for prisoner originals of paintings done from photos?

I think they are still right there in the ADK where they are searching. I don't think they have left the area. (My mind has changed several times, lol).

"“They told me they're trying to control them (escapees) from moving any further north. There’s a lot of woods here. They can sneak through pretty easily.”

<snip>

""The officers are still positive that (Matt and Sweat) are around, in this area somewhere. They even called me early this morning again," Silver said, referring to the robo call that alerted residents to the search quadrant."

<snip>

"In speaking with law-enforcement officers, Silver said some search teams from other regions in New York are struck by the wilderness setting and the deep, dark woods.

“On the Goodman Road, I was talking to them last night, a CO told me he never seen the woods so damn thick," Silver said."

<snip>

""What they told me was they are to try to push them back to the prison," he said,"

http://www.pressrepublican.com/news...0be-aaf2-5405-9128-c3b7f603b0ab.html?mode=jqm

they're continually updating that page ^^

I've exhausted all my "free" articles at the Press-Republican and can now only access articles if I pay...which I am not going to do. Can someone cut-and-paste the article here? Would be greatly appreciated!

ETA: I see GGE was reading my mind. Thanks a bunch!

Thought I'd point out that a coupla miles outside of Malone, NY is a small civil avaition airport (Malone/Dufort). Seems like a no brainer to have that angle covered.... but ya never know.

Straight line.... ~20 - 30 miles.

ETA... Sorry, my mistake, First cabin (Twisted Horn Hunting Club) to Malone = ~13 miles straight line.

20 - 30 miles to that property within sight of CDN border.

This has the prison/Owls Head (first cabin)/Malone (second cabin)

map.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member