NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am guessing it is bodily fluids.

I don't know how many peopke here have had food poisoning or waterbirne illness,

Food poisoning comes out in vomit as well. You can recover in a couple of days from that.

Water borne illness-- not sure if you need medication for that.

I am cery pleased thinking of how Matt was probably a solid body of bug bites with the misery of being covered in poop and vomit.

Just think! HAVING TO GO RIGHT NOW and having that special enhancement attacked by hungry insects. Love it!
I'm guessing saliva because they found it on food remnant (wish I knew what he was eating, just nosy) but happy the mosquitoes are well fed.

i can't believe my hive is out on the boat on the lake skiing and i have my head stuck in this thread

i have lost my ever lovin' mind :facepalm:

at least some tweets worth posting made it seem i'm not COMPLETELY crazy..........:skip:

so some DNA verification that sweat is close by............
LOL! I know, my husband is getting a little jealous (I think) and complaining that I'm too obsessed :gaah:

I wish NY would declare a special "hunting season" and have LE occupy ALL the cabins in the area until this manhunt is over. Could help keep some LEO's out of the elements and in satellite and also prevent Sweat from breaking into another cabin for supplies or further weapons. These cabins are and have been the sources for food, shelter and rest for them. And they are owned by corrections officers, how ironic is that? IMO if the CO's had been as diligent with the property they own as the civilians have been, this fiasco could have been over much sooner.

CNN is reporting that Matt's autopsy shows he was killed with three gunshots to the head. Also bug bites and blisters were found.

JMO's

ABC News ‏@ABC 1m1 minute ago

Surviving inmate's DNA found on food near where other escapee was killed: http://abcn.ws/1RJ2Xgn

From you link:
DNA belonging to the convicted murderer who remains on the loose after escaping prison three weeks ago was found on remnants of food a mile from where his accomplice was killed Friday, an official briefed on the manhunt efforts said Sunday.

So maybe it was from the area they found someone had laid down and left empty candy bar wrappers. Was that on Friday too?

Also from your link:
Matt was discovered by Customs and Border Protection agents Friday who heard him coughing, the official said. Whiskey was found nearby and investigators believe he was "sipping on" it during the manhunt, the official said.

I stand by my initial theory that Matt was drinking the alcohol as medicine because he was sick, not to get drunk.

Looks like Matt gave up and knew he was going to take three to the head.

Proof! I am keeping this info FOREVER because basically in all facets of life, I have been wrong! And I am wrong in front of many people.

For instance, I told my daughter she can't just sit at home and think a job is going to come to her ( this was while she was in high school. Ring ring. The neighbor calls offering her a summer job.

Then when she is in college, I tell her she should look for a job that will enhance her resume instead of working at a pizza place. She meets her wonderful husnad there who is also working there.

I can go on and on.

I am right once!

Hehe, brief OT - just the other day my daughter and I were at Dunkin Donuts and as we drove away from the window she said to me "see mom? That girl had a nose ring and SHE was able to get a job!"

Border Patrol Agent who shot and killed New York fugitive is from El Paso

The Border Patrol agent who shot and killed a fugitive convicted of murder in upstate New York is stationed in El Paso and is a member of an elite squad headquartered at Fort Bliss, officials said Saturday.

The squad, known as the Border Patrol Tactical Unit, provides immediate response to high risk incidents both in the United States and around the world, an official of the group said.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/news/ci_28395986/border-patrol-agent-who-shot-and-killed-new

It's a nice, lazy Sunday to work online and transcribe the scanner when I can understand any of it! Here's hoping today's the day. I joined WS for the DC arson crime and have been sucked in ever since.
me too! I started WS w/DC mansion, but they're not quite as friendly as you're over here.

While it is true that it wouldn't have been possibly without Tilly's help...
It is also true that even WITH Tilly's help it easily could have been prevented more than once.

1. During the investigation into Tilly if they had just moved the inmates as they should have. (Why didn't they? Money maybe?)
2. When they should have locked the prison down just before the escape but didn't because of budget cuts.

I think those are the reasons budget cuts are being blamed. :twocents:

For me, I don't "do" politics but the reason I was just talking to my husband about budget cuts having some place in the story of how this happened - though nowhere near as large a place as the escapees, Joyce, and Gene have - is because it's been said repeatedly in MSM that budget cuts was why there were no guards in the watch tower when the guys escaped, which IMO has a direct play in this because the manhole they popped up out of was situated such that they may well have been detected if it had been staffed. JMO based on :

"The manhole was closest to the two 35-foot watch towers on the south side of the prison. For years now, they have not been staffed overnight.

Several corrections officials noted that there was no direct line of sight from the towers to the manhole. However, one officer who has worked in the towers said it was likely that movement there would have been detected."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/22/n...ape-an-array-of-oversights-set-the-stage.html

It just seems like watch towers at a max security prison should have someone in them, JMO, call me crazy.

Looks like Matt gave up and knew he was going to take three to the head.

I think three shots to the head was serious over kill! I'm hoping they take S alive, but I wouldn't be surprised if they want him dead.... there's probably a lot ghosts in the closet going way back. IMHO

they want their pay raises.

For Greater Than, in answer to your question about time of when they found place where someone lay down in field and candy wrappers -- that was on Wednesday, and DNA confirmation came Thursday (they didn't report it until the newser on Friday around 1 PM.

For me, I don't "do" politics but the reason I was just talking to my husband about budget cuts having some place in the story of how this happened - though nowhere near as large a place as the escapees, Joyce, and Gene have - is because it's been said repeatedly in MSM that budget cuts was why there were no guards in the watch tower when the guys escaped, which IMO has a direct play in this because the manhole they popped up out of was situated such that they may well have been detected if it had been staffed. JMO based on :

"The manhole was closest to the two 35-foot watch towers on the south side of the prison. For years now, they have not been staffed overnight.

Several corrections officials noted that there was no direct line of sight from the towers to the manhole. However, one officer who has worked in the towers said it was likely that movement there would have been detected."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/22/n...ape-an-array-of-oversights-set-the-stage.html

It just seems like watch towers at a max security prison should have someone in them, JMO, call me crazy.

If employees within the correctional facility are or can be corrupted by cons,

then additional hiring and more manpower as well as added technology will Not prevent an escape

State budget cuts no excuse, nor the cause of this escape MOO

I think three shots to the head was serious over kill! I'm hoping they take S alive, but I wouldn't be surprised if they want him dead.... there's probably a lot ghosts in the closet going way back. IMHO

I would think that capture was preferable, but they had no idea where Sweat was and didn't need to be ambushed. He is/was a cop killer. JMO

Border Patrol Agent who shot and killed New York fugitive is from El Paso

Uh Oh - maybe he wasn't briefed that NY doesn't have the death penalty?

And on another note, is there any MSM links that the shotgun carried by Matt had been fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marni