NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TWCNews (local station) Live: at the presser:

Cuomo speaking: Thank you good evening to all of you I want to thank NY state police, dept of corrections, DEC, FBI, US Marshalls, US customs and border patrol. VT police, DAs, Sheriffs, Platsburgh city police, Malone police, St Regis Mohawk Tribal police.

This afternoon there was a civillian complaint in Town of Duane, a gunshot at a camping trailer, state police investigated, came upon a cabin, smelled gunpowder, LE partners were then notifed and customs and border patrol tactical team helicoptered in and approached the site, they came upon Matt, engaged Matt who was armed and Matt was shot and killed.

We have no reason to believe Sweat was NOT with Matt at the time but we do not have any confirming evidence that he was either. There are several leads that are being tracked down as we speak about his possible whereabouts but we have nothing to confirm where Sweat is at this time.

I want to thank the residents of these counties, we've had over 2300 leads... etc.. thanking LE..

(IMO he's lying again, they know where he is and he's gonna be dead soon JMO.)

BBM - short version answer for monkey222

long version includes the fact that they told him to put his hands up and he did not comply so they shot him. not a whole lot else really. He'd been drinking (grape gin apparently based on a post a little ways back).

Can someome pls recap pls, how Matt got shot..Was he in cabin? Did LE tell him to come out? How did shooting go did shooting go down? Thx.

I am going to do the best I can. A guy driving a mobile home, heard shots, realized he was being shot at. He called LE. It all began

ANother version: This guy noticed a bottle of booze out of place in his regular cabin and called police

ANother version: Matt never shot at anyone - LE yelled at him - he did not comply - and the loaded him up with some bullets

TWCNews (local station) Live: at the presser:

Cuomo still talking - Matt was an escaped prisoner, he had killed two people we knew about, he killed his boss and dismembered him then fled to mexico and killed another person. Sweat is also dangerous, he killed a deputy in Broome county (describes crime slightly wrong) .. shot him 22 times and ran him over with a car (that part is right, he just dind't hit him once BEFORE shooting him that's all).

I would everyone this is an ongoing investigation so the amount of info we can release is somethign we have to watch carefully..

D'Amico: just wanted to take a second to (missed this part, people talking in my living room!)

had a burglary in a camp about 3 miles off of any roadway. Late Wed night we received a report of a breakin in a cabin off rt 41 in Malone, screen had been cut and window broken into, got evidence there as well indicated Matt was theree too, late yesterday employed a number of officers and tactical team to that area, today confirmd property at the scene was in fact Matt's, today found a camp area where it appeared maybe someone had laid down and slept (people talking again).

today people .. their camper had been shot... realized a bullet hole through a camper they had been towing... (sorry can't hear the tv. :gaah: )

... there was movement detected by officers on the ground, what appeared to be coughs so what appeared to be humans not wildlife so a team from customs and border protection met up with Matt, was shot dead by border patrol at that time, we retrieved a 20 gage shotgun with Matt's body at that location, we have K9s, a decent perimiter set up, looking for Sweat at this time, no sighting of him, but no indication he wasn't with Matt, gonna continue what we've been doing the past couple of days, been successful thus far.

thankful for tips, want to thank LE partners, etc

bbm - bumping for monkey222

See , I hate this. Don Lemmon just asked, if it being dark out could impact the search --- what moron would even need to ask that - that is just a Wolf question

totally stupid

or ok guys I want you to know its dark out now - makes this harder

WTF

I am alone. If I were really in the area, I would go stay with people. I could not deal with this - my baby and I would go to a friends house, I could not cope !!! Just too messed up for me and my baby

My baby would go at him if he came in and got shot i could not deal with that

I would go with friends with my baby

:hilarious:

"..........um........how's the food? do they do anything interesting with hamburger?"

Or...Tillie, I can't find some of my tools...do you know where I put my drill bits?

I dont think, if he is alive, they will get him tongiht , I think he will , if not chopped up in tiny little Shushi pieces, he will give himself up tomm

Or...Tillie, I can't find some of my tools...do you know where I put my drill bits?

I have told you all to behave. Its funny the other night I got to where some of you are tonight - just funny stuff kept cropping in brain!

I think the beach thing really drained me and that started at like 9 this morning....

:floorlaugh: poor lyle.....it would be an honest question on his part too i think.........a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic up there :D

i'm sorry cariis, don't read this lol

I thought the coughing was interesting. You'd think he'd be trying to keep quiet...with LE swarming the place. I wonder if he were ill...after 2 weeks wandering around the cold, rainy Adirondecks

Yeah, captured by a cough. I was hoping Matt would be taken alive as I think he would like all the attention and would talk like crazy - he would have loved the movie. Unfortunately, I doubt Sweat will be taken alive, but if he is, he is less likely to talk IMO.

:floorlaugh: poor lyle.....it would be an honest question on his part too i think.........a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic up there :D

i'm sorry cariis, don't read this lol

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lov ya miss queen I lov the way you write !

Anderson Cooper was talking to Dog the Bounty Cooper. Dog said, "they found some of Matt's #2! It sounded so funny. Why didn't he just say feces?

Confirmed that Sweat is dead. Sweat is alive but surrounded. Sweat has surrendered. Sweat hasn't been seen since they broke out.

Cuomo- Nothing says Sweat wasn't with Matt. Nothing confirms he was.

Sweat's DNA was found in CO cabin. Only Matt's DNA was found in the cabin.

OK. Logic, then. If Sweat's DNA WAS in the cabin with Matt's then they most likely split up after they were surprised while lounging about, and Sweat will be caught within a few days, max.

If Sweat's DNA wasn't in the cabin then absolutely nothing places the men together any time after the night they escaped and there is no reason to believe LE will find Sweat anytime soon.

LE knows which version is most likely true.

Yeah, captured by a cough. I was hoping Matt would be taken alive as I think he would like all the attention and would talk like crazy - he would have loved the movie. Unfortunately, I doubt Sweat will be taken alive, but if he is, he is less likely to talk IMO.

I concur , I think Sweat has a much higher chance of suicide that Mr Matt ( as the govoner called him) how insulting

Mr Matt, thats terminolgy I used when working with 7-9 year olds

MR Matt

I am thinking that if in fact Sweat is in the area, he broke away a few days ago. Once he saw Matt having some cocktails, he knew it was time to cut loose the dead weight and go it alone. It was not a tough decision, he was always the brains. Matt probably knew it was all coming to an end and decided to get a gun and drink himself into oblivion, especially with Sweat gone left him to fend for himself.
TBH, I am still wrapping my head around closing in on a perimeter if you have never seen anyone...call me crazy.

They did hear someone running, however.

Confirmed that Sweat is dead. Sweat is alive but surrounded. Sweat has surrendered. Sweat hasn't been seen since they broke out.

Cuomo- Nothing says Sweat wasn't with Matt. Nothing confirms he was.

Sweat's DNA was found in CO cabin. Only Matt's DNA was found in the cabin.

OK. Logic, then. If Sweat's DNA WAS in the cabin with Matt's then they most likely split up after they were surprised while lounging about, and Sweat will be caught within a few days, max.

If Sweat's DNA wasn't in the cabin then absolutely nothing places the men together any time after the night they escaped and there is no reason to believe LE will find Sweat anytime soon.

LE knows which version is most likely true.

You need to be careful my dear, your dealing with an old person, when I read the first sentaence of your post I almost croaked ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966