NY - Twenty Fatality Traffic Crash, Schoharie County, 6 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The driver may have known there were some problems with the car but not that it was so unsafe. He may have been under great pressure to carry on working. It’s the limo owner I am angry with he needs to be extradited and charged to the fullest extent of the law for allowing the death trap to remain in use knowing full well it was unsafe.

Will Dubai or Pakistan extradite to the US?

Limo company lawyer just did brief interview on CNN. Recent minor citations like door locks, windshield wipers, etc. were promptly repaired. According to the lawyer, vehicle was deemed road-worthy last week. Sounds to me like he's attempting to get ahead of the eventual NTSB report.
Where's the proof that the limo was road ready? Where's the proof that the driver was qualified and able to drive such a vehicle?
Something still creeps at me -- there were people at the front, middle and rear seating of the limo. Not one person survived. I am more and more thinking a carbon monoxide or other toxic leak -- but, apparently CO victims usually have a red pallor on the skin -- how long does it take for it to fade, and did LE say that such a pallor had been noted? I guess they wouldn't say if they had seen it.
Black box and autopsies are next.

Absolutely heartbreaking. I will tell you, not a dime or 50 million dollars would be worth that. Insurance money, for that type of crushing pain?

It reminds me of a saying that I frequently say, "If money can solve all of your problems, you really don't have any problems.".
It's absolutely true that no amount of money from insurance or a lawsuit would alleviate the crushing pain, but the money would be useful when raising the children who are now without parents to support them. Of course, the family will take on that responsibility, but their burden could be eased a tiny bit with insurance money.

jmo

Where's the proof that the limo was road ready? Where's the proof that the driver was qualified and able to drive such a vehicle?
Something still creeps at me -- there were people at the front, middle and rear seating of the limo. Not one person survived. I am more and more thinking a carbon monoxide or other toxic leak -- but, apparently CO victims usually have a red pallor on the skin -- how long does it take for it to fade, and did LE say that such a pallor had been noted? I guess they wouldn't say if they had seen it.

I think seating is set up around the walls of the vehicle with the only cross seats being the front and most rear seats.

I think seating is set up around the walls of the vehicle with the only cross seats being the front and most rear seats.
Yep, just like you said -- I've taken several limo rides -- we were in seatbelts in each one. The biggest limo I've taken was in New Orleans for the Jazz Festival -- there were 10 of us, plus driver & luggage. Very comfortable and not crowded at all.

The arrangement was as you said -- two long side seats and two shorter front and rear seats -- N, S, E, and West -- the middle area of the limo was open, and all of us were in view of each other -- in a "square-ish" circle. Very smooth, elegant, roomy, and quiet. We just floated along.
That's the way it should have been for those folks, too. But it wasn't...

I never heard of carbon monoxide poisoning inside a normally driven car. It usually happens if car is left running in enclosed space, such as a garage, or when the car is stuck in something such as snow. It also seems not likely everybody would have died from carbon monoxide poisoning at the same time.

Limo violations....

State Police pursuing criminal investigation related to Schoharie limo crash

>>snip

Flaws in the limousine’s hydraulic brakes were found during state Department of Transportation inspections conducted on March 21 and again on Sept. 4. The inspections also revealed that the vehicle was not certified to carry the 10 passengers it could originally hold before it was expanded into a stretch limo, according to documents filed after the inspections.

State rules require limousine owners to fix the problems within 15 days and alert the state. It is unclear if that happened after either inspection or if DOT followed up with Prestige Limousine.

The Sept. 4 inspection found multiple safety violations of a 2001 Ford Excursion, owned by Prestige, with the license plate TOGALUX1. The vehicle involved in Saturday’s crash was a 2001 Ford Excursion, and there is only one 2001 Ford Excursion listed among Prestige’s vehicles. The Excursion was cited in September for a malfunction of the ABS indicators for the hydraulic brake system; operating a commercial motor vehicle without proof of a periodic inspection; defective emergency exits; and defective windshield wipers.

The September inspection also cited a “failure to correct defects noted on previous inspection report” back in March.

In that March 21 inspection report, Prestige was cited for several issues with the brakes on the Excursion, including brake connections with constrictions and brakes out of service.

Prestige was also cited for operating the Excursion with seating in excess of the manufacturer’s designed seating capacity.

It also was cited for several local law violations as well. In all, Prestige was cited for 22 violations to its vehicles in five different inspections in March and September.

Efforts to reach Shahed Hussain have not been successful.

“That company and that vehicle have been under scrutiny in the past,” Patnaude said.

Hello all,

I have an alert on this thread and have tried to keep up - sorry if this was already posted. A couple from *last* October provide their experience with this limo company:

Couple: 2017 wedding with limo company from Schoharie crash was 'nightmare'

So according to this article there was a problem with the service and the same limo for their wedding back in 2017, and Scott Lisinicchia was a major problem as their driver.

Photo of the same car and driver from wedding Oct. 6, 2017. A year to the day from the crash. See attached.

Also this....Transcribed by me from the end of the video....

Scott Lisinicchia had some outstanding tickets in Glens Falls and his license should have been suspended, however, it appears the court clerk failed to properly file his suspension with DMV. We also just found out that he had multiple citations - driving citations - here in Saratoga Springs, as well. We will continue to investigate these claims and bring you any new information when we get it.”

Attachments

• D4C8AC66-CA60-4600-8E00-A536C3F2F7B2.jpeg
    D4C8AC66-CA60-4600-8E00-A536C3F2F7B2.jpeg
    62.8 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
I never heard of carbon monoxide poisoning inside a normally driven car. It usually happens if car is left running in enclosed space, such as a garage, or when the car is stuck in something such as snow. It also seems not likely everybody would have died from carbon monoxide poisoning at the same time.

Also, an engine needs to be running to create carbon monoxide. I would bet money that the engine was no longer operable after impact.

I think that the impact of 60+ mph-0 instantly is most likely what killed these poor souls. Internal injuries combined with broken necks/ backs etc. It’s quite traumatizing just to think about what the accident scene looked like. I doubt the first responders will ever forget what they saw. Even highly trained individuals would flinch IMO.

I quite agree! But, these days, everyone seems to be reading their texts, making phone calls, etc, when driving.
I sometimes think that in the future, people in their self-driving cars will look back with shocked disbelief that we were allowed to drive our own cars, and the carnage that we accepted as the inevitible result. One and a quarter million people die each year as a result of road crashes.
Road traffic deaths

Ib
It's absolutely true that no amount of money from insurance or a lawsuit would alleviate the crushing pain, but the money would be useful when raising the children who are now without parents to support them. Of course, the family will take on that responsibility, but their burden could be eased a tiny bit with insurance money.

jmo

I'm guessing there was no insurance for this limo company,and suing the owner is probably not going to work either as he is most likely bankrupt.

I think the state should be sued.

Yep, just like you said -- I've taken several limo rides -- we were in seatbelts in each one. The biggest limo I've taken was in New Orleans for the Jazz Festival -- there were 10 of us, plus driver & luggage. Very comfortable and not crowded at all.

The arrangement was as you said -- two long side seats and two shorter front and rear seats -- N, S, E, and West -- the middle area of the limo was open, and all of us were in view of each other -- in a "square-ish" circle. Very smooth, elegant, roomy, and quiet. We just floated along.
That's the way it should have been for those folks, too. But it wasn't...

Boredem, so glad to hear you had a good experience in New Orleans. Hope you enjoyed JazzFest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member