GUILTY NY - Valerie Reyes, 24, found deceased, New Rochelle, 29 Jan 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ugh! This is sickening. :(

It'll be interesting to find out the rest of the story. Whose suitcase? They'll catch this person. He/she was in Valerie's house and took sheets. Most certainly the perp left dna...right?!?

Darla Miles

24yr old Valerie Reyes of New Rochelle has been identitfied as the woman found stuffed in a suitcase on the side of the road in Greenwich, CT.

The following is a statement from Greenwich Police Captain Robert Berry:

“On February 5, 2019 at about 8:23am, Greenwich Police were advised that a body had been found off the east shoulder of Glenville Road, just north of Stillman Lane. The victim was found at the scene inside a suitcase with her hands and feet bound. A thorough and methodical forensic examination of the scene was completed and a homicide investigation was initiated by Greenwich Police Detectives.”
“The victim has been identified, with the assistance of the State of Connecticut Office of the Chief Medical Examiner (OCME), as Valerie Reyes, 24, of New Rochelle, NY. Valerie had been reported missing to the New Rochelle Police Department and was last seen on January 29th at about 9am. Her family was advised of the positive identification last night. They are obviously devastated by the loss of Valerie and our heartfelt condolences go out to them.”
“The Greenwich Police Department is dedicated to identifying those responsible for the death of Valerie and ensuring justice for her and her family. We continue to work with New Rochelle Police and other law enforcement agencies at multiple levels and have engaged a variety of resources to assist in the investigation.”
“The cause of death has not yet been confirmed by the OCME. Many pieces of possible physical evidence were collected and results from forensic analysis are pending.”
We have received a multitude of tips about this homicide. We are asking the public for any information they may possess concerning Valerie and/or her disappearance. Information may be left at the Greenwich Police Tip Line at (203) 622-3333 and email at Tips@greenwichct.org.

Body found in suitcase in CT ID'd as missing NY woman

[...]

"It's heartbreaking," neighbor Brenda de Giacomo said. "I can't believe someone hurt her. She's innocent. She's amazing. She's amazing to the kids on the block. She was a sweetheart. I can't understand how someone could hurt someone like that."

Police do not yet know where the murder took place and are in the midst of an active and methodical investigation.

"She could have been murdered across the street," de Giacomo said. "You don't want your kids outside. You don't know what's going on. And for them not to identify anybody or find anything makes it even more worse or scary."

According to published reports, the town highway worker who made the discovery took inappropriate pictures of the victim and sent them to other people.

[...]

New York woman, 24, ID'd as dead female bound and stuffed into red suitcase found in wealthy Connecticut town
A 24-year-old New York woman with reported depression and anxiety issues was identified by a medical examiner Thursday as the person whose body -- bound at the hands and feet -- was discovered earlier in the week stuffed into a large red suitcase ditched on a roadside in an affluent Connecticut town.

I haven't kept up with this case, but is there any reason for her mental health to be more important than her name?

New York woman, 24, ID'd as dead female bound and stuffed into red suitcase found in wealthy Connecticut town

I haven't kept up with this case, but is there any reason for her mental health to be more important than her name?
She hardly placed herself there, so no. I don’t see a reason for it.

ETA: The information about anxiety & depression comes from the original NYPD tweet and Fox copied it from there without thinking, it seems:

NYPD Midtown North on Twitter

You’re right-and in any event, her mental state didn’t cause this-she didn’t bind her own hands and feet and then putherself in the suitcase. I can’t imagine that her mental state ought to be relevant at all, and certainly not more important than her name.

She hardly placed herself there, so no. I don’t see a reason for it.

ETA: The information about anxiety & depression comes from the original NYPD tweet and Fox copied it from there without thinking, it seems:

NYPD Midtown North on Twitter
That explains a good reason for it to be out in the public - police were worried that she was possibly a danger to herself. But it has no bearing on her being found in this awful way. It's frustrating.

I'm wondering if the person who found her body and took the pictures was taking the pictures to show to police? Or was he or she just some sicko taking pictures to send to his or her friends to show them what they had found? My first instinct would be to run if I found a dead body. No way I would even think to stop and start taking pictures, not even for LE.

The press stating that she had depression and anxiety describes alot of people in this world. I don't think releasing her mental health has a darn thing to do with why she was found bound in a freaking suitcase! Makes me so angry to see they even mentioned her mental health. It is almost like the media is trying to spin the story to sound like because of her mental health she ended up dead in a suitcase. Excuse me media but no way in heck did she bound her own feet and hands and put herself in a suitcase!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
verydemureverycute
Back