Identified! NY - Wappinger, Female, 16-25, found in creek, Feb'18 - Ashanti Moore

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Again a permission error on the Namus file https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/17511 and a media update 3-20-2018 http://www.newyorkupstate.com/hudso...state_ny_stream_investigation_autopsy_co.html

but nothing clear about is she is identified.

Three weeks after New York State Police first sought out the public's help to identify an 89-pound woman's body found in an Upstate New York creek, police say they have no new information to share with the public.
But that doesn't mean they have no new information regarding the body that was found in a Wappinger Creek tributary stream on February 27. Leads have come in from a number of sources, including members of the public, missing persons reports and law enforcement tips, according to Trooper Aaron J. Hicks of New York State Police Troop K.

(Thanks for sharing the news article.) Also, I can’t say as if I have ever heard of special permissions being placed on a NAMUS file, especially when there isn’t any ‘new’ information. Any ideas on the reason and .... why .... so abruptly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Thanks for sharing the news article.) Also, I can’t say as if I have ever heard of special permissions being placed on a NAMUS file, especially when there isn’t any ‘new’ information. Any ideas on the reason and .... why .... so abruptly?

It's not uncommon for LE to restrict part or all of a file from the public's view. Often it's about the investigation, for instance, when the decedent's identity might tip off a murderer and give them time to flee or destroy evidence. Sometimes they're reviewing it for accuracy--in this case, maybe waiting for information from the autopsy. Possibly they have a tentative ID and are waiting for confirmation.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Moore_Ashanti.jpg

WAPPINGER – A woman whose body was found in a tributary of the Wappinger Creek on February 27 has been identified as that of a Brooklyn woman.

She was identified as Ashanti Moore, who was 36 years old.

Investigation revealed she had traveled through or stayed in the areas of the Hudson Valley, Binghamton, Buffalo and Pennsylvania from August to September 2017. She may also have spent time in the Chattanooga, Signal Mountain and Red Bank areas of Tennessee as well as Rossville, Georgia.

State Police want to speak to anyone who may have come in contact with Moore during her travels or who may have information about her death.
http://www.midhudsonnews.com/News/2018/March/30/Body_Moore-30Mar18.htm

Rest in peace, Ashanti. Looks like she was much older than LE thought.

Golly. I wonder what happened. So sad

She was smart. For her BA from Binghton in anthropology. Also representing bk like me. I’m so sorry for her and her loved ones.

I hope they can find out what happened to her and if someone harmed her, he's caught and justice served.

RIP Ashanti. She looks like a sweet woman. Such a shame.

Ashanti seems like such a beautiful, intelligent woman who was well loved. My heart goes out to her family and friends. They must be in great pain right now and although not comforting, the burden of not knowing her she is has been lifted. Props to Troop K State Police for working so quickly to identify her. NO ONE’s story should ever end with withering away in a swampy creek area while everyone around you is praying for your safe return. I am confident LE will continue to work diligently to solve the mystery of her death. Don’t quote me, but they may already have a lead. I read on a FaceBook Post from a women who left a comment that she had dated the unidentified male in the picture. If this is accurate information, I assume LE knows who he is and are looking to question him, if they haven’t already. If not, hopefully someone comes forward with his current whereabouts and/or more details on the days that led up to this tragedy. Rest peacefully Ashanti and may your loved ones find solace in difficult journey that lies ahead. ~ Nick

Rest in peace, Ashanti. Looks like she was much older than LE thought.

I had suspected this all along and even posted about it on 3/8 #40 in the forum for Nicole Murray, Poconos under Missing Persons.

This case is particularly disturbing because I live very close to where the body was found. I am wondering if anyone has any explanation for the weight loss. Her missing flyer said 105 lb and I saw 89 lb when she was found. Maybe decomp?? But haven’t heard how far along the body was.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rocky.marie
Back