Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No new charges on the horizon......ok

80+ people on a witness list for what>
Neglect charges....need 80+

I just don't get this.....

Help please........................why 85+?

Since Casey will likely spend several years in jail for the fraud charges, they really can take their time bringing the murder charge. Since they have released the 82 name witness list, they do seem to be heading towards the direction of bringing charges, however.

There was a LE officer present when KC's purse and belongings were searched. According to interview with LA, LEO told them to dump her stuff on the floor. When KC's wallet was searched there was 'something' behind her drivers license it looked like a temporary ID or beginners DL. LE grabbed it immediately. They have a list of the chg receipts that KC was carrying around, they can get the original copies directly from the chg companies. They are aware of everything CA is withholding and can get what they need with one phone call to the judge. I believe they are treating CA as damaged goods, using kid gloves and compassion. At this point there really is no reason to start bullying her to try to get her to cooperate. It wouldn't help them.

But dont forget in Lee A's interview he says the officer left the room and then came back in..thats how CA was able to pocket the $250.00 without being seen...

Reference the Kevin Beary statement earlier today.

Something that was added by the newscaster that I found odd is that LE does not have the one piece of forensics evidence that ties the decomposition in the car to Caylee in a positive manner. This means that even though they found decomp in the car, the body farm confirmed decomp smell in the car, and they found hair in the car with the "death ring" around the folicle, they can't tie it all together and prove that the hair is Caylee's. This to me, is very disturbing. Why on earth can't they prove the hair is Caylee's through DNA? Something very "hinky" is going on with the DNA then in that family. If they can't definatevely prove that the hair strand is Caylee's, there HAS TO BE a DNA anomoly going on there, and I would like for a DNA expert to explain to us what that anomoly is and what causes it.
I don't know this for sure, but maybe they need DNA from the bio father of Caylee to determine if it is Caylee's hair. Maybe that's why they have asked so many questions about who the father is.

I would think that if they have her DNA from one of her hair brushes, they could match the DNA from the hair brush to the DNA from the hair in the trunk, without needing the DNA from the father. The anomoly I had referred to was something I had heard on NG a while back where Dr. Koby was saying that the DNA that was found on the hair would identify to both Caylee and Casey. I sure wish we had a way to get Barry Scheck involved and get him to clear up this hole DNA confusion. I wonder if I sent him an email, inviting him in for a chat, if he would meet with us.

I've been thinking about this for a while, I'm still up on the air if you can charge murder 1/2 after you start prosecuting neglect. Academically it would depend on what the "neglect" actus reus was of the crime - in plain language, what HAPPENED that they charged.

The textbook example is in the old days, to be charged with murder the victim had to die within a year and a day of the battery. If you were charged with battery, and the person died 2 years later, no murder charge. Now, in every state, there's no statute of limitations for murder - BUT in these "classic" examples, you have a defined event: A hit B with a baseball bat. A attacked B. If B dies from As attack (and you have to satisfy 2 different standards of causation -- did As attack physically cause B to be in that position, and was As attack the sole/main/"proximate" cause of Bs situation [A could get off if B contracted an infection at the hospital]), then A can be charged with murder.

But here, you are saying the event is Caylee missing. By charging neglect, are you implicitly saying CA was NOT the cause of death?

There are "slayer statutes" where you can't inherit from someone you kill - and in the past they said specifically "convicted of murder" - so if you were only convicted of manslaughter (even if it was homocide - mitigating circumstances), you COULD inherit b/c the law said by being convicted of manslaughter you were tacitly cleared of murder.

I'd give links but you can probably just google "criminal procedure text" and I'm sure some of the old rules are online. Also google "Model Penal Code" - which is the base of a majority of jurisdictions criminal law

Yes,
But if you take a look at recent Florida cases wherein that double jep statute has been examined under a microscope, the trend has been toward allowing the prosecution of crimes out of the same set of circumstances.......

Originally Posted by nursebeeme I posted this in july: 12.6 gallon road trip [url said:
http://www.automotive.com/1998/09/po...ire/index.html[/url] the Car the poi was driving was a 98 Pontiac Sunfire. The above link demonstrates that for this particular car, the miles per gallon is 24 miles per gallon in the city and 34 miles per gallon on the highway.

June gas prices in Orlando florida were an average of 3.95. Grandpa stated around fifty dollars of gas were stolen 24 June. Not knowing when he filled those cans I will estimate at the June average price... which means there were arounnd 12.6 gallons of gas.
http://www.orlandogasprices.com/

She now has 12.6 gallons of gas in her pontiac sunfire. We know her car, when abandoned at amscott, was out of gas. 12.6 gallons of gas in a sunfire will go 302.4 miles. That would be 151.2 miles each way. So what locations can be around 150 miles from Orlando? Where could the poi have went on a 150 mile road trip... could she have dumped the body at this time?

Apart from the cell phone pings, I think it was ZooMom who said that?
I can't get past the fact that we do not know that all the gas went into her own car. She may have generously gassed up a friend's car with stolen gas... Friend wouldn't know the difference.

There are 2 days where there are no pings.And I believe those days were just prior to the abandonment of the car. KC was completely out of touch with everyone. Very suspicious when you look at her phone use as a pattern. It stands alone as the ONLY time she did not use the phone. Highly unusual for her. She could have been on her 300 mile round trip. LE as no way of telling where she went, 150/100 miles in the radius of the where she dumped the car is a HUGE area to hide a tiny little body :(
Hence the difficulty of finding Caylee and charging KC right away (to stay on topic :) )

I think LE will charge Casey, with or without a body. I also think they will more than make their case. I just pray Casey finds a heart & tells LE where Caylee is. This baby was a real person, who loved, laughed & trusted all those close to her. The ONE question I want to ask Casey is when she held her baby girl for the first time, did she ever imagine that innocent baby being tossed out like yesterdays trash. I would have thought like all moms she to had dreams for her daughter. I don't think this was it. After hearing the interviews, reading all that has been released, it reminds me of what we havent seen. I am very confident the case will be made. LE has done an out standing job.:behindbar

On second thought, re-reading this anouncement...It's very discouraging. I think that they shouldn't have bothered anouncing anything. After all the references to DNA and forensics...this makes it sound like they have nothing.

Yes! Why get on the news and say, we have nothing, we know nothing. My optimistic side says they are trying to get her guard down. My pessimistic one says they don't have jack. why would you even admit that?

There are 2 days where there are no pings.And I believe those days were just prior to the abandonment of the car. KC was completely out of touch with everyone. Very suspicious when you look at her phone use as a pattern. It stands alone as the ONLY time she did not use the phone. Highly unusual for her. She could have been on her 300 mile round trip. LE as no way of telling where she went, 150/100 miles in the radius of the where she dumped the car is a HUGE area to hide a tiny little body :(
Hence the difficulty of finding Caylee and charging KC right away (to stay on topic :) )

Just to name a few locations... all of which are in Florida

Northern areas 140-150 miles from A's home:
Jacksonville
Trenton
Starke

Southern areas 140-150 miles from A's home:
Hobe Sound
Venice
La Belle

-100-140 miles from A's home:
Buckhead Ridge
Lake Placid

and this one that stuck out to me:
Brandon, FL 85 miles from A's home

I hope this is the right thread to ask this...does anyone remember something about her having to be arraigned Thursday for something? A court appearance tomorrow???

I hope this is the right thread to ask this...does anyone remember something about her having to be arraigned Thursday for something? A court appearance tomorrow???

Yes you are right....

Casey now has 10 charges filed against her, including grand theft, three charges of fraudulent use of personal identification, three counts of forgery of a check and three charges for uttering a forged check. Anthony will be arraigned on October 2 at 8:30 a.m.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...n=9&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

I don't know. Sheriff Beary is like my hero, I count on him to give me the truth, the facts, not change what we were told last week. Ever since he told CA he was not going to be apolgozing, I have had huge respect for him. I expect him to be on the people's side and not be putting out lies or inuendos to pacify the public.

I want to hear, People Casey is going down, we are looking here for Caylee's body, we got her, don't worry folks. Not we can't prove it was Casey who put Caylee dead in the trunk.

Very very disheartened, and they will NEVER find Caylee. I think they have all they will ever have, and they think it is not enough.

Try to keep in mind that their first duty is to Caylee. Not to the public, not to Cindy, Casey or George. And if they have to engage in a little word place with the Ants to achieve justice for Caylee I'm okay with that.

Jacksonville
Trenton
Starke

Hobe Sound
Venice
La Belle

Buckhead Ridge
Lake Placid

and this one that stuck out to me:
Brandon, FL 85 miles from A's home

Brandon (super congested with homes and biz)and Venice (beachy and wealthy) are too congested, so I doubt it's either of those. Jacksonville is a city, but outskirts are a possibility.

What were the days that her phone service was shut off for non-payment? Do those days match up with the days she seems to be absent?

:clap:jThank you! I agree. Just because no one has been arrested, doesn't mean that any of the Anthony's are ahead or smarter than the police. In Cindy's interview LE mentioned that Casey hadn't been out of the immediate area, not to Jacksonville etc, so they already had the phone records, pings, etc. I think she will be arrested this week, just a guess

From your lips to God's ears. :woohoo:

Honestly, I don't blame LE for politely declining what Cindy has offered because she keeps holding stuff back or wanting them to limit what they look at. She had a fit and said she wouldn't cooperate if they bothered her Dad. With what we know now, I think she just didn't want LE to hear about the stolen money. And she didn't want LE to have all her credit card statements. Based on her attempts to sanitize the family image and control the investigation, I'm sure LE was asking themselves what she didn't want them to see.

Jacksonville
Trenton
Starke

Hobe Sound
Venice
La Belle

Buckhead Ridge
Lake Placid

What was Casey's tattoo again?? Maybe La Belle??? sounds like her tattoo?
That is pretty far-fetched, I know...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back