OCSO NEWS CONFERENCE @ 4:50 pm

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
not going to crucify you .. but casey was leading them on a wild goose chase .. with these areas being as huge as they are and dangerous as they are with gators and such .i think they did thier best .how can they search when people are lying to them about where she could be ? lady luck came this time .. and they are there searching . .. it couldve been say like 27 years later like poor adam walsh .

There's no gators in that area. It's a myth.

How much time passed between the time that he saw the bag and the time when LE came to check out the tip? If he could see it, why couldn't they?

5,000 BS tips, theories, and what not.
Some people call int 'tips' that are logical stuff that the cops do as part of their investigation job. Looking in that area would be considered "logical.' Woods next to the house.. like DUH!

I think that has something to do with it. Might have thought he was just another person wanting his 5 minutes of fame.

The other could be that with this area so close to the Anthony home, the LE might have thought it was searched really well. Basicly "cleared."

Maybe it's like this ... meter reader was in the area on Aug 11 and saw one of the A's in the area and got suspicious. Called LE and they dismissed the claim seeing how much water was in the woods.

Not likely, the A's couldn't sneeze at that time without half the world knowing about it.

What I am wondering is what exactly was called in back in August? A skull was seen, a bag, a hunch, what??? The whole thing is freaky. Why did the Meter Readers supervisor call into 911 and not him and was a supervisor told also back in August? Who knows how many times he was in the location of where the body was found between then and now. Good God if this b(tch walks I will have lost all faith in the system.

Maybe he got his superviser to call since LE probably thought he was a nutcase after the first few calls.

Thanks, nurse. :wave: You said you found it interesting that the search area had been expanded and I wondered if that was telling you something that I was missing. I have to admire the dedication and work that is going into this search. I think they should attach Casey to a tree with a long chain and leave her there to search alone until all pieces of little Caylee are found.
During the presser, while everyone was focused on the meter reader Nieves stated that significant skeletal remains had been found on the edge of the perimeter forcing them to push it out even further. It is just telling me that they are going to find as many bones as humanly possible. Who knows, the bone they found today could be the one that tells the how.

Well, I hope LE, regular citizens, and search organizations have all learned something from this. Never assume that anyone is really doing a thorough job, especially when lots of different people are involved bossing each other around and not following through from where they should have started to begin with. They had Kiomarie's statement, an actual sighting from a credible county worker, it was very close to home, and even the suspect herself sort of tipped them off with the "close to home" comment. Everyone in charge just threw up their hands and gave up. Maybe there's too many chiefs and not enough Indians.

LE has boats doesn't it they could have seached thay area with a flat bottom boat. Prabably were busy feilding all those useless claims and missed this one.

There were a lot of calls and rumors. I can't say how many times I read here that parts of Caylee had been found. I read here about people finding dead racoons and bags of dog bodies too.

Between following up on everyone who reported a bad smell or something "not quite right" and every sighting of a LIVE Caylee, I imagine LE had their hands full.

My experience with dead animal smells is that they become worse when the wind is blowing in a certain direction. You can smell "that smell" sometimes standing in one spot outside but not another.

Maybe the meter reader was downwind the first time he smelled "it".

On channel 6 tonight Louis Bolden reported that he had spoken to 4 different people who live in the subdivision and they all said the area floods very easily, even after just an inch or so of rain. Using JWG's numbers, I added up all the rain amounts from June 15th to August 10th - 10.87 inches. This would lead me to believe that while the area may not have been under 3 foot of water as it was after Fay, there was standing water in the area.

Am I reading correctly that some teeth are found away from body? Not with the skull and duct tape??? I understand the small bones and animals, but found it strange that teeth are being found.......I thought the teeth would still be with skull and hair in bag. Did I read it wrong? TIA Then I read *slaying* meaning a VIOLENT MURDER????

Well, I hope LE, regular citizens, and search organizations have all learned something from this. Never assume that anyone is really doing a thorough job, especially when lots of different people are involved bossing each other around and not following through from where they should have started to begin with. They had Kiomarie's statement, an actual sighting from a credible county worker, it was very close to home, and even the suspect herself sort of tipped them off with the "close to home" comment. Everyone in charge just threw up their hands and gave up. Maybe there's too many chiefs and not enough Indians.

I'm sure when this is all over there'll be quite the *meeting*. And everytime this happens no doubt LE learns and reassesses. As it should be.

I'm just so glad they found the baby. Warts and all.

There's no gators in that area. It's a myth.

And Adam Walsh's killer confessed numerous times and LE did what, again?

No gators? You are misinformed. I have a report on file with OCSO where we found gator bones back there. Oh yeah, and the 2 reptiles we walked up on were probably someones pet iguanas.:eek:

I can her the rant from the A's now about how LE wasn't doing their job, and Caylee could have been found four months ago, blah, blah blah.

They have been quiet for too long.

Throw in a "See I told you all LE wasn't following up on tips " for good measure

Ummm...to the poster who said the delay in finding the body was due to "stupidity and laziness" of LE - You are wrong.

I'll say this as nicely as I can, since I know how easy it is to get carried away being an arm-chair detective. One can only try to preserve and process things that one can see. If the area you are trying to search is covered in water - and you have the rest of the greater-orlando area to search - you will probably leave that area alone and search elsewhere, to avoid someone STEPPING on something important.

Any detective and prosecutor would rather find a whole bone a month late than find pieces of bone compromised because your searcher STEPPED on it!

ANYWAY, I bet because this discovery was late, OCSO is going through now and making tables of every tip followed up on - and to see which tips GA/CA gave that were clearly erroneous - to say well when we could have been ground searching, CA obstructed our actions by filing these false reports..

During the presser, while everyone was focused on the meter reader Nieves stated that significant skeletal remains had been found on the edge of the perimeter forcing them to push it out even further. It is just telling me that they are going to find as many bones as humanly possible. Who knows, the bone they found today could be the one that tells the how.

Isn't "significant" skeletal remains being found considered odd since they have already been at it a week now? I just keep wondering if they found a grave or if animals did that.

On channel 6 tonight Louis Bolden reported that he had spoken to 4 different people who live in the subdivision and they all said the area floods very easily, even after just an inch or so of rain. Using JWG's numbers, I added up all the rain amounts from June 15th to August 10th - 10.87 inches. This would lead me to believe that while the area may not have been under 3 foot of water as it was after Fay, there was standing water in the area.

Thank you for posting this. Also in the crime pics released today, you can see the waterlines.

I don't think TES did a very good job myself, actually. And LE did botch some things. I don't know how many people OSCO has on staff but they could've used a thousand just for this case alone.

I strongly disagree they did less than the A family. That's just plain not true, IMO.

I totally agree with you on the Anthony statement. I have yet to see it documented anywhere that they searched at all. I do remember George pulling the trailer with the sign around. I also remember The A's trying to stop other people from searching. In my opinion, no one did less searching than them. I know for sure that I volunteered and only can vouch for my time spent. Sitting in a tent accepting cash that was spent on whatever is not searching.

:blowkiss:

This works well the prosecution. The area was already flooded or partially flooded, and as we saw, very overgrown. This man smelled something and called it in, no one could get to the area. Therefore, body was always there! (Hope this is not hundred times posted, having trouble here with server.)

So when did the floods occur? I'm thinking that when he first smelt the smell, its unlikely she was underwater at that time. The odor would not be as strong underwater, would it? Or would it make it worse?
And I just remembered reading somewhere a while back that human decomp stops having that strong odor after a month.
2 months later and underwater, how likely is it that he could smell anything?
If the smell was that strong, surely the dep would have taken it more seriously.
Nothing adds up in this case.
It may not work so great for the prosecution if jose says LE failed to follow up on leads.
Even the captain says its being investigated. If it was simply a problem because of water levels surely he would have stated that....why investigate the deputy and how tips are handled?
JMO

Tim said that it was amazing that that meter reader had found the bag with the way it was tucked up underneath the bushes. It makes more sense now, knowing that he was actually looking and didn't just happen to stumble upon it while looking for a place to pee.

I had questions about whether a reward was really appropriate for someone who simply wanted to empty his bladder. I feel very strongly now that this man deserves a reward.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean
Back