OFF TOPIC Chit-Chat

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thank you for your email to the Nancy Grace show[/FONT].
I sent Nancy the vigil info... maybe she will mention our girls!! One can always hope.
I also sent info to "Manny" @tulsaworld.com

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thank you for your email to the Nancy Grace show[/FONT].
I sent Nancy the vigil info... maybe she will mention our girls!! One can always hope.

Nice move! Also thanks to Ruflossn for alerting us. This is the best thing to happen since the "Walk" last fall.

Hello All~
I am posting this information from a local of the Weleetka / Henryetta, Oklahoma.

On Sunday, Feb 15th, 2009, there will be a prayer vigil held in honor of Taylor and Skyla. Numerous churches from the local area will be participating. The plan is to try and have enough people present at the Memorial site of Taylor and Skyla that the rural road where they were killed will be lined for 2 miles w/ participants of the prayer vigil. (the 2 miles consists of the former home of Taylor Placker down to the bridge). Local pastors will be leading prayer as well as individuals praying silently. The prayer is that whoever murdered these young ladies will be found and brought to justice.

In closing: Sunday, Feb. 15th @ 5:00, prayer vigil at the Memorial site of Taylor and Skyla. If you can not be at the vigil, it has been suggested that perhaps you could take a brief moment near 5:00 and pray for justice.

If there are any changes to this schedule, I will update this thread.

Flossie
Hi Flossie -- Thanks for making us aware of the Prayer Vigil. I won't be able to be there, but I will certainly pray at 5:00. I hope this will bring attention to Taylor and Skyla again. Hope OSBI is watching and realize that this case most definitely has not been forgotten. -- Gertie

This was the reply I got back about Vigil ...

Sent: 2/6/2009 4:52:22 P.M. Eastern Standard Time
Subj: Re: Sunday, Feb. 15th @ 5:00, prayer vigil at the Memorial site of Taylor and Skyla.

Thank you very much for the information.

The Tulsa World will be there for the vigil.

Again, thank you.

Manny Gamallo

I double what CC said! I'm so glad the media will be there.

Thank you, GS.

This was the reply I got back about Vigil ...

Sent: 2/6/2009 4:52:22 P.M. Eastern Standard Time
Subj: Re: Sunday, Feb. 15th @ 5:00, prayer vigil at the Memorial site of Taylor and Skyla.

Thank you very much for the information.

The Tulsa World will be there for the vigil.

Again, thank you.

Thanks 99!
This is awesome news.

Thanks, Lauren. I never even thought of that :doh:.

LOL, You're very welcome Little! I don't want anyone to miss it and I know that if we all pray at the exact same time God will hear our prayers.

You are the best GS! You go girl. I know Manny sent you a reply.......but I am keeping my fingers crossed that Nancy Grace can finally move on from Casey and talk about our girls!

I'm wondering if someone should alert the OSBI about the prayer vigil. Isn't it a known fact that killers often return to the scene of the crime to admire their "work". I'm just saying, who knows? Maybe they are voyeuristic enough to want to see what all the fuss is about.........

It would be interesting if they were able to put some cameras/mikes out there to see if anyone slips up?

I'm wondering if someone should alert the OSBI about the prayer vigil. Isn't it a known fact that killers often return to the scene of the crime to admire their "work". I'm just saying, who knows? Maybe they are voyeuristic enough to want to see what all the fuss is about.........

It would be interesting if they were able to put some cameras/mikes out there to see if anyone slips up?
Lauren -- I thought it was said early on that cameras were placed in the trees and they were stolen or destroyed. I'm not sure that cameras would be placed there again. Also, if the media has been notified about the Vigil, I would think OSBI and local LE would know about it. JMO, of course. Especially if they were interested in solving this case. -- Gertie

I remember Peter talking about the cameras the day of the Walk. I may be wrong, but I thought he said, because of a tree branch..OSBI couldn't make out who the person was that destroyed the original cross..?
That would mean, the OSBI....had retrieved that cameras...right.?

I remember Peter talking about the cameras the day of the Walk. I may be wrong, but I thought he said, because of a tree branch..OSBI couldn't make out who the person was that destroyed the original cross..?
That would mean, the OSBI....had retrieved that cameras...right.?

Yes, he definitely told us about the cameras. So why not put them up again?

Lauren -- I thought it was said early on that cameras were placed in the trees and they were stolen or destroyed. I'm not sure that cameras would be placed there again. Also, if the media has been notified about the Vigil, I would think OSBI and local LE would know about it. JMO, of course. Especially if they were interested in solving this case. -- Gertie

Most of us don't have any faith in what the OSBI "knows" for sure. That is my opinion only.

I remember Peter talking about the cameras the day of the Walk.
I may be wrong, but I thought he said, because of a tree branch..OSBI couldn't make out who the person was that destroyed the original cross..?

That would mean, the OSBI.... had retrieved that cameras...right.?

How big was the tree branch, that it covered up the entire person?

Seems they could see 'something' about the person, shoes, hands, top of head, tall & skinny, short and stocky, walking like a older person, dressed like a young person, and which direction did they come from?
Did they drive up in a vehicle, motorcycle, 4-wheeler, walk up or parachute in?
How could the camera's miss it all?...:waitasec:
I find it unbelievable, they can't even catch a criminal with a camera pointed right at them.

...I find it unbelievable, they can't even catch a criminal with a camera pointed right at them.

This is funny.

Maybe he didn't look straight at the camera while holding a card with his name written on it.

I feel they are hiding something.

You bet they're hiding something. Not to mention heaving giant sighs of relief that no one is taking them to task for this monumental failure. Tomorrow will be eight months since they started concealing facts from the public. Yes, an investigation was also going on, but that statement is accurate. They came into the case, aware of the immediate national attention, and quickly put a lid on it. On the one hand, that keeps the killer(s) from monitoring LE's progress, but on the other hand, it will dry up news stories and the media will go away. It also helps, if some people are correct in their assertion that OSBI is sweeping this under the rug, to ensure that the public does not know just how much is actually being swept away.

On Feb. 15, will any of them have the nerve to show up on County Line Road? Perhaps one or two, possibly undercover, to document their files...maybe rookies or the two who drew the short straws. In the unlikely event BR or JB dares to show up AND is unable to escape being interviewed, expect the same statements that at first were standard issue but by now are lame excuses: the case is solvable, we're still getting leads, we need someone to come forward. To update, they might add the case is not a cold one.

Textbook baloney! Instead of swallowing it, one might interpret their actions into words. How about: "We essentially quit after the grand jury." Maybe: "We're not going to stick around and apply pressure on the suspect(s)." My favorite: "We're not going to tell anyone anything; not even the grieving families will get any reassurance from us. Yeah, they're all scared and everything, but we have to keep information from the public, you know."

Whoever did it just has to keep quiet and they're home free. No one will speak up for the insufficient $30,000 reward, and OSBI packed up and went home months ago (without a press conference, by the way).

Yeah, they're hiding something all right. But some things are right there in plain sight. They can't hide them no matter how they spin things if they get cornered by the news cameras they have been avoiding since September.

I think they sent laboratory cops to do a street cops' job. I think the educated city folk were outsmarted by people with little or no IQ at all. Many people suspect something very sinister (more than just two murders) and that's probably right, but not necessarily a dirty cop/coverup. However, somewhere along the line, there is an OSBI level of command, at or near the top, which has pulled the plug on this investigation. That decision was made, on behalf of the entire organization, to quit this "solvable" case. That decision was not overturned by anyone at a higher level. I interpret that as, "We no longer have the desire to solve this case" or maybe just flat out, "We are not going to solve this case."

Like everyone else, I would like to know why.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13
Back