Off Topic/Chit Chat

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:gavel:Conclusion...read it if you want or ignore it....is this fair?

I know, who the heck am I?

I just wanted to see what using a gavel was like...

I read everything! I just wanted to know if anyone would want to know... (so far, nope!)

So, I did not intend to post here...yet...but after exchanging email with the administrators, it appears lurkers don't get a lot of the features that regular posters get -- mainly private messaging rights. So here I am.

I'm Chris Cowperthwaite, the Cary reporter for NBC17. I've been following this case since the weekend Nancy disappeared. I'll post 5 more times in this thread and then keep quiet again lol

i may start posting again after the custody case settles down -- i've been considering doing a story on this forum.

for what it's worth, I ran into Judge Sasser yesterday at lunch, and she said she was NOT planning to go through all of Brad's video deposition.

feel free to email me with any questions.

Hi Chris and Welcome!

SG and I sat right next to you the day of court on the 16th. We sat directly in front of Det Daniels (to jog your memory). I know some thought we were from the press :), we were't.

Again..:Welcome-12-june:

Hi Chris and Welcome!

SG and I sat right next to you the day of court on the 16th. We sat directly in front of Det Daniels (to jog your memory). I know some thought we were from the press :), we were't.

Again..:Welcome-12-june:

I saw your posts here that you'd been to the hearing, and figured you had to be those two. Thanks for the welcome.

Luckily, I use Firefox so it tells me if I misspell something, and even has a look up feature. I rarely need it, but it does happen. That being said, I'm anal about my writing normally. The way I write is a reflection of me, and I like it to look correct. That's just me. If someone has an 'oops' in their writing, ah well! Poo occurs.

The one thing I HAAAAAAAAAAAATE to see online is when people regularly intentionally spell words incorrectly or use that stupid "l33t sp33k" crap. The word is "together" and not "2gether" kids. Is the one keystroke you saved REALLY that important? I could go on for hours on that, but I won't :) U R annoying when you are typing like that!!

I'm a moderator on another forum where we have some younger members. Breaking them of those habits is tough!!

Oh...and know the difference between "there" "their" and "they're" as well as "your" and "you're" if you can, please :)

</soapbox>

i may start posting again after the custody case settles down -- i've been considering doing a story on this forum.

a) We would love to read a story and your perspecive on this case.
b) I wondered how Sasser would review it all and at what point she considered it not evidence she could use in her court.
c) Nothing like it in 9 years? I wonder if there has ever been a case like this.

I saw your posts here that you'd been to the hearing, and figured you had to be those two. Thanks for the welcome.
As you can tell I am not a reporter, but put what I had for notes out there since I did it long hand.
Anything you might want to add is welcomed by me and won't hurt my feelings. I know I didn't get all the testimony.

The one topic I did not get and need help with is the trip. Was it they went to a lake house 1st then to HH? I know names of Mr Rentz's friends were talked about as to where they stayed. I think it will help us WS because we know about HH, but BC has mentioned Lake Norman and many wonder why he is saying both. What lake was it they spoke about?

Feel free to put it on testimony or pm me with it and I will post it.

Luckily, I use Firefox so it tells me if I misspell something, and even has a look up feature. I rarely need it, but it does happen. That being said, I'm anal about my writing normally. The way I write is a reflection of me, and I like it to look correct. That's just me. If someone has an 'oops' in their writing, ah well! Poo occurs.

The one thing I HAAAAAAAAAAAATE to see online is when people regularly intentionally spell words incorrectly or use that stupid "l33t sp33k" crap. The word is "together" and not "2gether" kids. Is the one keystroke you saved REALLY that important? I could go on for hours on that, but I won't :) U R annoying when you are typing like that!!

I'm a moderator on another forum where we have some younger members. Breaking them of those habits is tough!!

Oh...and know the difference between "there" "their" and "they're" as well as "your" and "you're" if you can, please :)

</soapbox>

LOL... I knew there had to be some others out there... whew! lol ...
Your last line is one of the ones that bugs me, along with the improper use of "its" vs. "it's." I'm not sure what the "l33t sp33k" is that you mentioned, though. Need an education there!

Thanks for posting... so there's you, me, and Star12!

and with that...i'll go back to lurking. back to your regularly-scheduled Off Topic/Chit Chat.

Nooo! Don't leave us! lol
I've seen your name and have been wondering if you were thinking of doing an article on WS.

You apparently sat right there with two of the greatest minds on WS, so you have a great "in!"

Welcome, Chris.

for what it's worth, I ran into Judge Sasser yesterday at lunch, and she said she was NOT planning to go through all of Brad's video deposition.

Wecome to Websleuths Chris!

Many thanks for letting us know that Judge Sasser will not go through all of the deposition video. If you are able to comment further on this, then please do.

LOL... I knew there had to be some others out there... whew! lol ...
Your last line is one of the ones that bugs me, along with the improper use of "its" vs. "it's." I'm not sure what the "l33t sp33k" is that you mentioned, though. Need an education there!

Thanks for posting... so there's you, me, and Star12!
I tend to get some of it wrong because I'm in a rush, but if you had Mr. Bryant as your English teacher in 1976 in CT like I did, he didn't allow any mistakes! BTW he was my mothers English teacher too!:crazy: I remember the green hardback book we used in that class 32 years later, I dreaded it so bad.

Hi Chris! LOL @ "those two!" :smile: There was actually a large guy sitting between where you were and where we were on that row in the morning session. Then we were directly behind you in the afternoon. Did you have trouble hearing some of the testimony? At times I could not make out what some witnesses were saying. Anyway, welcome to the forum! Good to have you here.

Oh that's very interesting; thanks for sharing that. 7 hrs of depo for one person is a lot to sit through and she's got others as well...of course thanks to Skittles, there's now an in-depth index of the content contained on each Depo version (in a sticky at the top of the board). Perhaps Judge Sasser would like to avail herself of this depo index resource? :wink: :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay