OH - 9 killed + Gunman, 16 injured, Mass Shooting, Oregon District, Dayton, 4 Aug 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps.

By the nature of this crime, he’s a coward though. He also may not have wanted people to see his face, it may have been part of the fantasy, or he may have wanted to terrorize people even more.

Who knows.
I hope the friend he wounded survives. What a terrible thing to have to go through.

I do bet (through police interviews) he’s been able to shed at least a little light on what happened during the course of a Saturday night, up to and including the shooting itself...

How are you allowed to buy a gun when you've had a DUI? Isn't that a felony?
You would not be able to get a concealed carry with that on your record. Buying a gun though I’m not sure
You can buy a gun on the street. You don't have to go to a gun shop. I know he didn't, but if he had been turned down he could still find one. I just wonder where he hid them or kept them. From what I've read about dad he wasn't big on guns.

I hope the friend he wounded survives. What a terrible thing to have to go through.

I do bet (through police interviews) he’s been able to shed at least a little light on what happened during the course of a Saturday night, up to and including the shooting itself...

Absolutely. He’ll be able to shed some light on his demeanor and behavior, in the hours leading up to this.

In retrospect, I’m sure he sees things now that he didn’t think of at the time.

Even if it’s something like “he was unusually happy.”

I'm just wondering, with all the reasons being thrown about for why something like this could happen, do other countries have these same problems? Do kids in other countries play video games? Do they use the internet a lot, go on social media many times a day, and lead a less in-person socialized life than previous generations?

Is there a lack of mental illness in civilized, Democratic countries outside of the United States? Is it ONLY American White Males in the 20-25 age group that have issues which cause a pair of them to kill 31 humans?

I'm curious, because according to some, those are clearly the underlying causes of these massacres, and so they must be Unique to the U.S. In that case, I agree, and we really need to emulate the countries where this type of violence Rarely occurs, and certainly at a significantly lower rate than here. Video games must be eliminated, and the use of Internet by those under the age of 30, needs to be severely curtailed. If younger people are not texting outside the U.S., and are interacting on a more regular basis than they are here, we definitely must work on that. And of course we must put an emphasis on having every single person undergo constant mental examinations, to make sure we can locate and isolate someone who may have murderous thoughts in the backs of their minds.

I am sure if we focus on fixing those problems exclusive to the U.S., we'll be much safer, like other countries, since I can't think of any other reason why these mass murders are happening at the rate of over 1 per day in the U.S.

I agree it was like a costume... but curious about the face mask because in this mass shooting (sad there are so many) he was known to at least two of the victims... did he wear that face mask to shield his identity from them?
Maybe. He might have been such a coward he didn't want them to know it was him.

I'm just wondering, with all the reasons being thrown about for why something like this could happen, do other countries have these same problems? Do kids in other countries play video games? Do they use the internet a lot, go on social media many times a day, and lead a less in-person socialized life than previous generations?

Is there a lack of mental illness in civilized, Democratic countries outside of the United States? Is it ONLY American White Males in the 20-25 age group that have issues which cause a pair of them to kill 31 humans?

I'm curious, because according to some, those are clearly the underlying causes of these massacres, and so they must be Unique to the U.S. In that case, I agree, and we really need to emulate the countries where this type of violence Rarely occurs, and certainly at a significantly lower rate than here. Video games must be eliminated, and the use of Internet by those under the age of 30, needs to be severely curtailed. If younger people are not texting outside the U.S., and are interacting on a more regular basis than they are here, we definitely must work on that. And of course we must put an emphasis on having every single person undergo constant mental examinations, to make sure we can locate and isolate someone who may have murderous thoughts in the backs of their minds.

I am sure if we focus on fixing those problems exclusive to the U.S., we'll be much safer, like other countries, since I can't think of any other reason why these mass murders are happening at the rate of over 1 per day in the U.S.

Mass murders with guns, are not occurring at one a day.

There have been approximately 17 to date.

People have the means to do it here, but also important, is the fact that these events are so ingrained in our culture.

If you have a grievance, you go and shoot up a public place.

Past acts of violence perpetuate new ones.

There have been at least 17 deadly mass shootings in the US so far in 2019

You can buy a gun on the street. You don't have to go to a gun shop. I know he didn't, but if he had been turned down he could still find one. I just wonder where he hid them or kept them. From what I've read about dad he wasn't big on guns.
I thought his dad gave him a gun for his fourteenth birthday. Or was that one of the other shooters?

The US is so different. Yes, it must be these things because no other country has them.

And no divorce, no domestic violence, no psychotropic drugs.

I don't think it's possible to eliminate video games, restrict internet use for people under thirty, or make it mandatory for people to continuously undergo mental health evaluations. Imo

People have the means to do it here, but also important, is the fact that these events are so ingrained in our culture.

If you have a grievance, you go and shoot up a public place.

Past acts of violence perpetuate new ones.

Mass shootings (not all were murders) have been at 1.2/day in 2019.

As of July 31, 2019, 248 mass shootings have occurred in 2019 that fit the inclusion criteria of this article. This averages out to 1.2 shootings per day. In these shootings, 979 people were shot;of those people, 246 have died.

There have been 8 more mass shootings since July 31. Thirty-nine more killed.

List of mass shootings in the United States in 2019 - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Ahhh...thanks for clearing that up. It's only Mass Shootings that are occurring at 1 per day. There are not necessarily multiple people dying in each mass shooting, so that makes me feel much safer. So even if I were to be involved in those 1 per day mass shootings, I would not necessarily die. Perhaps a few surgeries, and I'd be right as rain.

So if there have only been "approximately" 17 "mass murders" in the U.S. this year, how does that compare with other Democracies in the world?

Ahhh...thanks for clearing that up. It's only Mass Shootings that are occurring at 1 per day. There are not necessarily multiple people dying in each mass shooting, so that makes me feel much safer. So even if I were to be involved in those 1 per day mass shootings, I would not necessarily die. Perhaps a few surgeries, and I'd be right as rain.

So if there have only been "approximately" 17 "mass murders" in the U.S. this year, how does that compare with other Democracies in the world?

Facts matter, and your facts were wrong.

It’s important to accurately understand the data, and represent it correctly.

ETA: The fact that no other developed country on earth has a problem of this scope, is not in dispute.

I don’t know how this is even a question.

He shot the first person he came upon when he was going up the alley. Continuing, he exited the alley and his sister and his companion were there and he shot them. Then he continued on his path of destruction.

It was closing time, and this has made me wonder if he told his sister and his friend to wait by the alley and he would get the car and drive around to pick them up and go home. Sitting ducks.

It's disgusting to wonder things like that. Was there ever any hope for this shooter? Was he born like that and nothing would change him no matter what?

(I'm way behind, as usual).
I just hope his sister didn't realize it was her brother.

How are you allowed to buy a gun when you've had a DUI? Isn't that a felony?
Not all DUI's are classed as felony.

Part of the reason it’s difficult to give a direct answer is the fact that DUIs can be classified as a misdemeanor or a felony. The difference between the two can depend on prior convictions, the presence of other passengers in the car, and injuries caused in case of an accident. In most states, if it is a first offense and no one was injured, you will be charged with a misdemeanor.

Can I Buy a Handgun If I Have a DUI?

I thought his dad gave him a gun for his fourteenth birthday. Or was that one of the other shooters?
Yes I remember reading that, but was the gun an AR? He had two guns with him I believe. My comment about his dad was based on comments I read that his dad made after a school shooting several years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper