OH - 9 killed + Gunman, 16 injured, Mass Shooting, Oregon District, Dayton, 4 Aug 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately it's a regular occurrence at many schools.
Sometimes rather than let the school handle it, it's better to call the police and file a report if someone is being threatened. Imo
In our case, it was a middle school student. I wasn't ready to go to the cops with it, (although I was ready to go to beat his @ss myself, a humiliating experience for an adolescent male that can work wonders i. m. (unpopular these days I'm sure) o.

More and more coming out about this guy. I really think he was insane. In his MySpace, 10 years ago, he draws a "bloody maggot fetus " "total carnage" "all shall be annihilated" "bloodlust" etc...

And then there is this and lots more at the link:

Seven years after they dated, Doll recalls Betts as a serious and reserved kid who wrestled with hallucinations and menacing voices in his head.

While they were in high school, Betts told Doll that he had suffered from psychosis since he was young and feared developing schizophrenia.

"He would cry to me sometimes," she said, "saying how he's afraid of himself and afraid he was going to hurt someone one day. It's haunting now."

Ex-girlfriend says Dayton shooter heard voices, talked about 'dark, evil things'

More and more coming out about this guy. I really think he was insane. In his MySpace, 10 years ago, he draws a "bloody maggot fetus " "total carnage" "all shall be annihilated" "bloodlust" etc...

And then there is this and lots more at the link:

Seven years after they dated, Doll recalls Betts as a serious and reserved kid who wrestled with hallucinations and menacing voices in his head.

While they were in high school, Betts told Doll that he had suffered from psychosis since he was young and feared developing schizophrenia.

"He would cry to me sometimes," she said, "saying how he's afraid of himself and afraid he was going to hurt someone one day. It's haunting now."

Ex-girlfriend says Dayton shooter heard voices, talked about 'dark, evil things'
The movie, "We Need To Talk About Kevin", Portrays brilliantly, why often nothing is done or can be done in advance.

Mom knows something is odd, dangerously so, about Kevin, but she fears her own inadequate parenting might play a role, (Kevin is a lot like her).

Dad is in total denial that anything could be wrong with his only son, (mom must be nuts), Dr's she takes him to as a small boy say no, no.. hes fine..

Only he wasn't fine, and there were so many, many red flags ignored.

Stunning film, that explains so many, "why don't people Do something earlier "questions.

You'd be surprised how many Principals don't "have a spine". After some 40ish years of dealing with schools it comes as absolutely no shock to me.

Last year, a kid in my daughter's middle school, started threatening other kids, both in school and out (on social media) .

My Daughter shows me a group chat one night where the kids says:

"(Safeguard's little) Better stop sticking up for, (her friends name), or she could get hurt, or worse "

Another student asks him, "what do you mean, or worse??" And he replies,

"She could get killed" "Let's just say it involves a knife" but I'm not going to kill anyone yet."

I took her phone to the school, and showed it to them, (there were other messages he sent to the group chat, about rape and violence directed towards specific children including my child that I can't even post here they are that vulgar. ), You know what was done?

They took pics of the messages, had a meeting with his parents and suspended him for ONE day.

Principle literally said to me, "Sometimes good kids make poor choices" .
I hope you called the police and filed a report!

I wonder if he mentioned something terrible like shooting up that bar when he was with his sister and his friend and they reacted negatively. Maybe he became very angry and decided that that night was the night and he kept all that gear in his trunk regularly. Maybe he was like f it I’m finally doing it and I’m taking these two out for talking to me like this.

Literally speculating. I feel so terrible for his friend but man I can’t wait to hear why. Why this insaneness happened. Maybe there is no answer and he’s just as confused as us all.

I come from the, "You want to cry? I'll give you something to cry about! generation.
(Get up and get moving!)...

Somehow we've moved into, "Is there any little thing, at all, that you need or want, little Johnny? That we can do for you? To make sure that your every emotion is carefully considered above all else in our universe No no dear...no need for you to do anything at all, just sit there and grow bored and resentful...

Not sure if this even is a contributing factor, but a lot of kids, left aone, both parents working, too much time on their hands, and feeling of no real value to the family system, (or any system)...

Already not right in the head perhaps, but still maybe salvagable if there was some purpose to their existence...

will seek out and find an excuse for their anger at their having been raised more like a sheltered "pampered pet", than a person we value as a vital contributing member of our family, community, for whom we have expectations.

They are angry at the world and then for some reason it all channels to one individual or group. They focus all their anger and resentment on that one individual person or group.

Like to add, an all too common characteristics. Seen this in Jodi Arias, Yoselyn Ortega, Betty Broderick, Lori Drew, Adam Lanza, Seung-Hui Cho, Nikolas Cruz, Charles Whitman, Omar Mateen, Stephen Paddock, and Osama bin Laden. As of late, Connor Betts, Patrick Crusius, and Santino Legan.

It is mix of females who murder, bullies, mass killers, and terrorists.

@Safeguard spot on! Our adolescence has been spent discovering ourselves on social media. Combine that with lax parenting and isolation and you have someone who is vulnerable to dangerous ideologies.
I worry most about this newer generation, 0-7 y/o, that has been handed iPads and phones from when they could first hold them. They are spending every waking moment glued to YouTube, and if you've seen some of the violent and abusive videos on the YouTube Kids app that's a scary thing to think about.
I have a feeling that the next generation of adults is not going to be able to process their emotions properly. You can take from that a variety of awful outcomes.
MOO

I'd wondered if sister was killed trying to stop her killer brother but it appears sister Megen and their mutual friend Chace were also targets of the madman. (Chace was also allegedly named on killer's high school "hit list").

Connor Betts shot his best friend during mass shooting after driving with him to Dayton | Daily Mail Online

DailyMail.com has exclusively learned that Charles 'Chace' Beard, 24, was the man who was in the car with Betts and Megan when they drove to the Oregon District where Betts carried out the second mass shooting of the weekend.

And Beard was among the first victims to be shot by 24-year-old Betts in his so-far motiveless massacre conducted in the early hours of Sunday morning.

He and Megan Betts appear to have been standing outside Ned Peppers Bar when Betts opened fire.

Betts, who was armed with an AR-15, wearing body armor and a mask and had as many as 250 rounds of ammunition, was taken down by cops about 30 seconds after he opened fire.

Chillingly, DailyMail.com can reveal, that Beard and Megan Betts were both 'among the first victims,' according to police. Beard appears to be friendly with Megan too, but according to his social media profile is in a relationship with another women.

ETA: Comments by former gf/classmate indicate killer had good relationship with his sister Megan.

"It just seems to defy believability that he would shoot his own sister," Biehl said. "But it is also hard to believe he didn't recognize his sister, so we just don't know."

Doll said she liked Betts most when he was with his sister, describing them as close friends. She remembers him speaking highly of Megan, of her intellect and kindness. They would gently tease each other and often erupt in fits of laughter when together.

"They would play off of one another," she said. "She was the bright, happy soul and he was the dark, more reserved one."

Last edited:
Since they were not shot first, I'm wondering if shooting his sister and his friend was not planned.

He shot the first person he came upon when he was going up the alley. Continuing, he exited the alley and his sister and his companion were there and he shot them. Then he continued on his path of destruction.

It was closing time, and this has made me wonder if he told his sister and his friend to wait by the alley and he would get the car and drive around to pick them up and go home. Sitting ducks.

It's disgusting to wonder things like that. Was there ever any hope for this shooter? Was he born like that and nothing would change him no matter what?

(I'm way behind, as usual).

I'd wondered if sister was killed trying to stop her killer brother but it appears sister Megen and their mutual friend Chace were also targets of the madman. (Chace was also allegedly named on killer's high school "hit list").

Connor Betts shot his best friend during mass shooting after driving with him to Dayton | Daily Mail Online

DailyMail.com has exclusively learned that Charles 'Chace' Beard, 24, was the man who was in the car with Betts and Megan when they drove to the Oregon District where Betts carried out the second mass shooting of the weekend.

And Beard was among the first victims to be shot by 24-year-old Betts in his so-far motiveless massacre conducted in the early hours of Sunday morning.

He and Megan Betts appear to have been standing outside Ned Peppers Bar when Betts opened fire.

Betts, who was armed with an AR-15, wearing body armor and a mask and had as many as 250 rounds of ammunition, was taken down by cops about 30 seconds after he opened fire.

Chillingly, DailyMail.com can reveal, that Beard and Megan Betts were both 'among the first victims,' according to police. Beard appears to be friendly with Megan too, but according to his social media profile is in a relationship with another women.
Betts wore a full face mask while shooting. I wonder if he did that because he wanted to kill his friend and sister (in addition to many others), but not have them know it was him shooting them (?).. Why else wear a mask? Could he have imagined he’d be escaping alive?

Last edited:
Oh cool. So now nonviolent people who struggle day to day with depression, OCD, and bipolar disorder will be branded as potential mass killers.
I wouldn't worry about it. His ex has some "issues" of her own seeing as how she continued to date him after:

"On their first date in mid-May, Ms. Johnson said, he showed her body camera video footage from a mass shooting at a synagogue."

Last edited:
Betts wore a full face mask while shooting. I wonder if he did that because he wanted to kill his friend and sister (in addition to many others), but not have them know it was him shooting them (?).. Why else wear a mask? Could he have imagined he’d be escaping alive?

Watching the grainy video, it appears shooter is wearing blue ball cap, ear muff/protection, dark mask and armor protection. Nonetheless, Dayton LE brought him down in 30 seconds. I believe for him it was like wearing a "costume" for a part he was about to play. He was delusional if he thought he would escape. MOO

Watching the grainy video, it appears shooter is wearing blue ball cap, ear muff/protection, dark mask and armor protection. Nonetheless, Dayton LE brought him down in 30 seconds. I believe for him it was like wearing a "costume" for a part he was about to play. He was delusional if he thought he would escape. MOO
I agree it was like a costume... but curious about the face mask because in this mass shooting (sad there are so many) he was known to at least two of the victims... did he wear that face mask to shield his identity from them?

I agree it was like a costume... but curious about the face mask because in this mass shooting (sad there are so many) he was known to at least two of the victims... did he wear that face mask to shield his identity from them?

Perhaps.

By the nature of this crime, he’s a coward though. He also may not have wanted people to see his face, it may have been part of the fantasy, or he may have wanted to terrorize people even more.

Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member