OH - 9 killed + Gunman, 16 injured, Mass Shooting, Oregon District, Dayton, 4 Aug 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still waiting for LE to undercover whether or not CB received any professional counseling
or help with his long brewing anger and misplaced thoughts which look to be long standing based on reports of problems in early
high school years.
Were his problems ignored and just covered up?
The ex gf who described his bedroom as being
painted black and like a private dungeon, and
a mess and chaotic.
I still think we're seeing a troubled young man
who did not get the help or attention he needed
and parents were too busy with their own outside activities, jobs, advanced schooling, clubs, partying and the kid was left to deal with his problems himself.
Did his parents even know he had the high powered weapon and ammo?
Did his sister know?
Was his dungeon off limits to other family members?
Were his parents aware of his long time drug
use? His other friends were.
How involved were other family members in
his day to day life? Or were they simply individuals living under the same roof?
I hope we get a clearer picture of how his lifestyle was in recent years.

Friends of the Dayton Oregon District shooter cut ties with him earlier this year because he’d unexpectedly brandish guns and once talked about shooting up Timothy’s, a popular bar among University of Dayton students, a former friend told the Dayton Daily News.

Other people — far from friendly with Connor Betts, the shooter — recalled to the Dayton Daily News how they’d been concerned about him and his bizarre behavior for years, even reporting him to local police.

El-Fakir, who said he’s personally pro-2nd Amendment, described Betts as “definitely not a right-leaning person. His political views definitely leaned to the left. And believe it or not, he was actually pro-gun control. He was actually anti-2nd Amendment.”

Friend to police: Dayton killer discussed shooting up UD bar

I'm not the least bit surprised he was pro gun control. Imo all who are plotting to do violent crimes against innocent people like nothing better than law abiding citizens to be restricted in being able to defend themselves, and their families.

That's the very reason they choose soft target locations in the first place. The target locations are not coincidences.

Even in states which do have conceal carry many of the stores or malls don't allow legally carried weapons in their locations.

Imo the only ones who ever benefits from restrictive gun laws are the criminals. They are well aware it gives them the advantage when the victims have no way of protecting themselves or their families.

These shooters hit places where they know their targets are sitting duck they can pick off one by one. How can that be ignored?

Anyone hellbent on doing mass murders or any murder for that matter doesn't give a crap about abiding by any laws especially gun laws, and they never will.

It's a fantasy to think some mass murderer is going to think 'Oh gee, I can't go out and murder in mass like I've planned to do because I have to abide by all gun laws.'

Millions of weapons are on the streets illegally. That's the very reason the gun runners will become the new billionaires just like the drug cartels have. Supply, and demand on any product that's that becomes restricted or banned to purchase.

We seem to learn nothing from past history showing it creates far more problems when anything is restricted or banned outright. We just keep repeating it learning nothing it seems. Imo

Ban or restrict anything it only plays into the hands of the lawbreakers just like it's made drug lords into billionaires. These horrendous pushers whether its drugs or illegal weapons always goes where the most demand is.

I have read gunrunners are coming in through our southern open borders selling them to those who wouldnt ever be allowed to obtain them legally.

Many obtaining them are gang members, and we see cities drowning in firearm homicides, and injuries totally ruining neighborhoods where anyone living there is fearful to even leave their homes, and that still doesnt keep them safe since any victims have been killed while inside.

Does anyone really believe that anyone with a criminal mind is going to abide by any gun laws, and give up their illegal weapon? And they are murdering far far more victims every single year than mass shooters have all done in total.

Imo, we must get to the root cause which is always inside of the minds of each individual that puts it into play in the first place. Instead of time after time learning afterwards there were huge red flags dropping like dead flies everywhere.

Imoo

Last edited:
Pertinent to part of our discussion about why it’s so hard to stop these guys before they act. I’m not sure the Dayton shooter would be included under any new domestic terrorism laws, but imo all mass shootings should be, no matter the motive.

Shootings Renew Debate Over How to Combat Domestic Terrorism
If I ever had the desire to become a mass shooter, I doubt that breaking a "domestic terrorist law" would make me stop in fulfilling my desire to kill a bunch of people. I would just find a bunch of people in a "Gun Free Zone" and fulfill my fantasy......moo

It would be interesting to know the internet history of mass shooters. Do they all go to shady websites? Do they have a similar link to the things that they do online? Is there a way to monitor those type of sites as our government does for foreign terrorism? Could they make a no buy list like a no fly list to monitor those at risk? And how does that work when a lot of these people are minors when they first start showing signs as our country is big on not letting things you do as a minor affect your adult life?

It would be interesting to know the internet history of mass shooters. Do they all go to shady websites? Do they have a similar link to the things that they do online? Is there a way to monitor those type of sites as our government does for foreign terrorism? Could they make a no buy list like a no fly list to monitor those at risk? And how does that work when a lot of these people are minors when they first start showing signs as our country is big on not letting things you do as a minor affect your adult life?
good questions-
It seems to me that the first line of defense would be friends and family. But as we see so
often, they may be in denial that there's actual
problems other than weirdness or strangeness.

Someone mentioned earlier maybe he was
"schizo" since that usually starts to show symptoms around puberty or a little later for
stronger symptoms. He did have many symptoms according to his friends.
But unless he had a fairly recent mental diagnosis from a professional I doubt that will be discussed publicly.
Once a person turns 18, I doubt there is any
long term mental health that can be forced
on them unless they're deemed a threat to
themselves or others. And usually that's just
a short term fix like a few days in a hospital.

I'm still waiting for the family to make a statement on what they believe happened here.
Or maybe they never will. There's such denial
in admitting mental issues, but we see so many
common behaviors in these mass shooters.
Or maybe it's because we WS'ers read and study them more than average.

I'm just wondering, with all the reasons being thrown about for why something like this could happen, do other countries have these same problems? Do kids in other countries play video games? Do they use the internet a lot, go on social media many times a day, and lead a less in-person socialized life than previous generations?

Is there a lack of mental illness in civilized, Democratic countries outside of the United States? Is it ONLY American White Males in the 20-25 age group that have issues which cause a pair of them to kill 31 humans?

I'm curious, because according to some, those are clearly the underlying causes of these massacres, and so they must be Unique to the U.S. In that case, I agree, and we really need to emulate the countries where this type of violence Rarely occurs, and certainly at a significantly lower rate than here. Video games must be eliminated, and the use of Internet by those under the age of 30, needs to be severely curtailed. If younger people are not texting outside the U.S., and are interacting on a more regular basis than they are here, we definitely must work on that. And of course we must put an emphasis on having every single person undergo constant mental examinations, to make sure we can locate and isolate someone who may have murderous thoughts in the backs of their minds.

I am sure if we focus on fixing those problems exclusive to the U.S., we'll be much safer, like other countries, since I can't think of any other reason why these mass murders are happening at the rate of over 1 per day in the U.S.

post above saying

"Video games must be eliminated, and the use of Internet by those under the age of 30, needs to be severely curtailed... And of course we must put an emphasis on having every single person undergo constant mental examinations, to make sure we can locate and isolate someone who may have murderous thoughts in the backs of their minds."

The only place where something like this would happen, would be in a Sci-Fi movie.

Moo

ETA OP meant it as sarcasm

I'm not the least bit surprised he was pro gun control.
These shooters hit places where they know their targets are sitting duck they can pick off one by one. How can that be ignored?
These horrendous pushers whether its drugs or illegal weapons always goes where the most demand is.
I have read gunrunners are coming in through our southern open borders selling them to those who wouldnt ever be allowed to obtain them legally.
Dayton killer's gun was legally purchased inside the US, just like the guns of Gilroy and El Paso killers.

Some El Paso victims did come through the southern border, but probably didn't bring any illegal guns or drugs.

After 18, pretty difficult to "make" anyone address their mental health with a professional. Whether parents did or didn't doesn't matter much, because at 24, he made a decision. He was legally an adult, and chose his own path.

I know, but it's late, as you noted and it's like an irritating mosquito, you just want to get rid of it quick!
Don't worry, I'm done posting on this thread. Feel free to continue discussing all the acceptable solutions to prevent tragedies like this one.

Connor Betts shot his best friend during mass shooting after driving with him to Dayton | Daily Mail Online

Connor Betts has shades of Elliot Rodger, Eric Harris, Devin Kelley, and Stephen Paddock. He is a minefield of red flags.

Charles Beard, the name of his purported best friend, is also the name of a legendary historian.

That Charles Beard wrote a book in 1913 about the selfish economic considerations by the founding fathers and delegates. He even listed all their names and companies.

CB wrote many books with his wife MB, including Rise of American Civilization in 1927.

Dayton killer CB's first shots were aimed at CB and MB. Friend and sister.

My laptop messed up and I was only able to hear bits and pieces of this News Conference. What I did hear sounds like these steps might help. If anyone has time to watch I'd love to hear your opinions. If Ohio can take these steps and they're effective, then maybe other states could try. Starts @ 24:00

Charles Beard, the name of his purported best friend, is also the name of a legendary historian.

That Charles Beard wrote a book in 1913 about the selfish economic considerations by the founding fathers and delegates. He even listed all their names and companies.

CB wrote many books with his wife MB, including Rise of American Civilization in 1927.

Dayton killer CB's first shots were aimed at CB and MB. Friend and sister.

No, his first shots were at someone other than CB and MB.

If I ever had the desire to become a mass shooter, I doubt that breaking a "domestic terrorist law" would make me stop in fulfilling my desire to kill a bunch of people. I would just find a bunch of people in a "Gun Free Zone" and fulfill my fantasy......moo
I think the point here is more towards prevention. They would be able to track some of these guys through their online rants the same way they do international terrorists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member