Found Alive OH - A. C., 14, Barberton, 4 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree 100% Inthedetails. But what I took from Keeleydoll's post was that whether she is pregnant or not, she is in danger regardless. Not that the pregnancy didn't matter at all.

Yes, I hear ya.

But I think her pregnancy makes it even more urgent to find her quickly - though, of course, it's important to find any missing child quickly. But in this case, two lives are in danger. Or, if she terminates, her health is at risk from that if they go for a "back alley" approach. I hate to even think of that.

And if she carries the baby to term, will they risk going to the hospital to deliver (where she will be discovered) or will they risk having the baby at home? A 14yo giving a home birth without support....that's a situation to avoid.

Of course I would feel this is an urgent situation if she wasn't pregnant, but I think the pregnancy does magnify the urgency to find her.

And....there is the possibility she isn't pregnant. We don't even know for sure!

jmo

I disagree that you're doing a child a disservice to keep devices to a minimum. It's not that hard to learn how to use all the devices and programs - toddlers can master many of them! The learning curve is not great. IMO, it's better to give a child a real childhood - full of imagination, boredom, self-directed play, books, stories, made-up games, outdoor time, quiet time to think....those things will give a better foundation than knowing how to send messages to strangers on SM, imo.

I think I veered off topic...but just had to say that I think you could have a successful career in high-tech without spending your childhood online.

jmopinion

Of course, those are great choices for kids.

TEENAGERS do not want to play with board books, use their imagination and color. They want to interact with their friends. Which means social media these days..

I dont think that it's bad if they are responsible BUT I do not get the feeling AC parents were being careful with keeping her safe in any aspect. jmo!

Yes, I hear ya.

But I think her pregnancy makes it even more urgent to find her quickly - though, of course, it's important to find any missing child quickly. But in this case, two lives are in danger. Or, if she terminates, her health is at risk from that if they go for a "back alley" approach. I hate to even think of that.

And if she carries the baby to term, will they risk going to the hospital to deliver (where she will be discovered) or will they risk having the baby at home? A 14yo giving a home birth without support....that's a situation to avoid.

Of course I would feel this is an urgent situation if she wasn't pregnant, but I think the pregnancy does magnify the urgency to find her.

And....there is the possibility she isn't pregnant. We don't even know for sure!

jmo

BBM. Again, I agree. This poor girl is about to go through a whole lot more in the wrong situations if she isn't found soon :(

It took me TWO FULL DAYS (ugh!) to realize I was thinking of RT 82, NOT I-80. So ignore everything I said, because I'm the worst. :(

We need a 'hug' button. :) You are absolutely nowhere near the worst. :grouphug:

Of course, those are great choices for kids.

TEENAGERS do not want to play with board books, use their imagination and color. They want to interact with their friends. Which means social media...

I dont think that it's bad if they are responsible BUT I do not get the feeling AC parents were being careful with keeping her safe in any aspect. jmo!

Essentially, I'm sure we agree. I just don't think you need to be online all the time to be able to handle a high-tech job or relationships - and that's mainly what I was responding to.

And...AC didn't end up pregnant through SM. :)

jmo

LJ was just released from state prison on Oct 30 according to this article:

The US Marshals say Jakab is wanted in eight different jurisdictions on a variety of crimes. He was just released from state prison on October 30 after serving time for forgery and theft. He served time for manslaughter in the past.

http://nbc4i.com/2017/12/14/mom-of-missing-14-year-old-ohio-girl-charged-with-filing-false-report/

Does that mean LJ wasn't with her the entire time she previously ran away?

And the story in the article doesn; make sense. HC claims she went with her daughter and they went to Strongsville to meet her cousin for some unknown reason. And that the three of them drove to a gas station together, the Sheetz gas station in Strongsville. She says she got out of the car to walk inside to get snacks and drinks for everybody and the two of them took off,"

So how did HC get back home if the car was gone?

I just wanted to add where I had read she had run away in late September:

A C. family member told News 5 A. disappeared with Jakab in late September, too. The cousins were not found until Thanksgiving. And when the 14-year-old returned home, she was about two months pregnant, her family said.

https://www.ohio.com/akron/news/mis...d-accused-of-lying-about-how-girl-disappeared

So who would she have been with during the month of October if LJ was released from state prison on Oct 30th? Was she waiting alone somewhere for his release?

Not sure if that info ^^ is even accurate!

Don't get me wrong this is a bad situation all the way around, but I was just curious if anyone knew what LJ feels he is "protecting" AC from??

Don't get me wrong this is a bad situation all the way around, but I was just curious if anyone knew what LJ feels he is "protecting" AC from??

IDK but certainly nothing that could ever justify a 33 yo male being on the run with a 14 yo

IDK but certainly nothing that could ever justify a 33 yo male being on the run with a 14 yo

I agree! But I think he thinks that he can take better "care" of her than her parent(s). I don't think he take her to harm her, but to protect her...in his mind.

I agree! But I think he thinks that he can take better "care" of her than her parent(s). I don't think he take her to harm her, but to protect her...in his mind.

How could he possibly think he would be able to protect her if he's wanted in 8 jurisdictions?

I think that's a common justification many manipulators of young teens use, but I don't think he'll cause further harm to her

Long shot but it has crossed my mind as one of this other very vague unlikely scenarios that perhaps some other family member from home was causing harm to her and this was a fear response to get her away? Who knows. I just hope she is safe
... if you get what I’m saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM

I have actually wondered in passing if A. is actually “missing” in the sense that family doesn’t know where she is. But that would make this case even weirder.

Based on some of LJ’s FB posts it seems that he believes he is protecting HC from something. Despite the fact that he is a dangerous and possibly delusional wanted felon, he may be doing just that. Who is the worst of two (or three) evils in this case? Time will tell. Getting AC home is the first priority, regardless of other facts that emerge later.

Thank you for this post, I finally feel like someone is understanding what I'm trying to say! Does anyone know what the circumstances is to LJ's manslaughter charges were, I've googled and can't find anything about it?

Long shot but it has crossed my mind as one of this other very vague unlikely scenarios that perhaps some other family member from home was causing harm to her and this was a fear response to get her away? Who knows. I just hope she is safe
... if you get what I’m saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do and like you I also hope she is safe.

Thank you for this post, I finally feel like someone is understanding what I'm trying to say! Does anyone know what the circumstances is to LJ's manslaughter charges were, I've googled and can't find anything about it?

This case has my head spinning, so I’m glad what I said made some sense...at least to you. :) I believe LJ pled down to manslaughter from murder IIRC. But whoever has posted his criminal record here might have more info. I’ll do a little digging.

Although I believe that LJ is certainly capable of harming AC or anyone else, I don’t think that’s his intent. If this can be resolved without backing him into a corner so he feels that he has to go out in a blaze of protective, heroic glory, I think she will be as OK as possible under the circumstances. This may well be what LE is hoping for in their silence. At least the mom can’t stir the pot now.

This case has my head spinning, so I’m glad what I said made some sense...at least to you. :) I believe LJ pled down to manslaughter from murder IIRC. But whoever has posted his criminal record here might have more info. I’ll do a little digging.

Although I believe that LJ is certainly capable of harming AC or anyone else, I don’t think that’s his intent. If this can be resolved without backing him into a corner so he feels that he has to go out in a blaze of protective, heroic glory, I think she will be as OK as possible under the circumstances. This may well be what LE is hoping for in their silence. At least the mom can’t stir the pot now.

I think you got this right.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces