Found Safe OH - AB, 5, Canton, taken by neighbor Jonathan Stinnett, 36, 11 Nov 2021 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Okay, first red flag:

"According to a 911 phone call, Stinnett took the child to the restroom and never returned, leaving his roommate behind at the store."

If Stinnet was there with his girlfriend, WHY was he the one taking AGB to the restroom? That makes no sense.

Maybe a couple of men? Grasping here... because it would be odd for a female not to do potty duty.

OH NOOO:
Jackson Township police looking for a missing adult and child

Police said Jonathan Lee Stinnett and A were last seen at 6:15 p.m. Thursday, at the Goodwill store at 7257 Fulton Drive NW across the street from the Jackson Township Police Departme

Stinnett and another individual with whom he lived with took the child inside to use the restroom. Stinnett is the child's neighbor at the Quail Hollow Apartments, and had permission to be around the child at the time, police say.

According to a 911 phone call, Stinnett took the child to the restroom and never returned, leaving his roommate behind at the store.

According to the child’s parents, the couple who had A at the time, were set to move out of their apartment and back to Michigan this weekend.

Also in the article, it goes on to say:

According to the child’s parents, the couple who had A at the time, were set to move out of their apartment and back to Michigan this weekend.

So Stinnett + roommate were going to be moving this weekend, yet they spent what I would consider to be a very busy time opting to take a child to the park instead of packing, cleaning to get deposit $ back, and making other preparations for the move? Interesting.

(Or did I misunderstand and by couple they actually meant A's mom & boyfriend were moving this weekend not Stinnett & roommate?)

Something just seems odd. No mention of roommate by name, so guessing he/she must not be considered to be involved? But that's very odd timing and circumstances for Stinnett to decide to take off with the child. If that was his plan all along, why bring the roommate with him at all?

Interested to know if the vehicle belongs to Stinnett or his roommate. And if there's video at Goodwill and whether it showed the roommate removing themself from the situation or if the roommate really was ditched.

I see others are referring to Stinnett's girlfriend......is the roommate a female/his gf or a male?

Last edited by a moderator:
Also in the article, it goes on to say:

So Stinnett + roommate were going to be moving this weekend, yet they spent what I would consider to be a very busy time taking a child to the park instead of packing, cleaning, making other preparations for the move? Interesting.

(Or did I misunderstand and by couple they actually meant A's mom & boyfriend were moving this weekend not Stinnett & roommate?)

Something just seems odd. No mention of roommate by name, so guessing he/she must not be considered to be involved? But that's very odd timing and circumstances for Stinnett to decide to take off with the child. If that was his plan all along, why bring the roommate with him at all?

Interested to know if the vehicle belongs to Stinnett or his roommate. And if there's video at Goodwill and whether it showed the roommate removing themself from the situation or if the roommate really was ditched.

I see others are referring to Stinnett's girlfriend......is the roommate a female/his gf or a male?

I don't know how to snip a qoute right, sorry. I meaning to respond to the part about spending "a very busy time" because of moving with a neighbor kid.
In the last 5 minutes reading articles I have seen no less then 3, more I believe, pictures of only the suspect and the child.
I find that a bit odd. Not necessarily odd bad. Could be a closer relationship than the article lead one to think. Or it could be odd bad.
That's quite a few pics of just the two being put out there so quickly. Makes me think there are many of of them.

Maybe a couple of men? Grasping here... because it would be odd for a female not to do potty duty.
True. And the article seems to go out of the way to avoid pronouns, saying 'the person whom he was with' and wordy stuff like that.

If he does live with a male partner, I'm surprised he would kidnap a littler girl though.

True. And the article seems to go out of the way to avoid pronouns, saying 'the person whom he was with' and wordy stuff like that.

If he does live with a male partner, I'm surprised he would kidnap a littler girl though.

Post #32 clears up that it is a woman. I still stand by it makes no since that the woman didn't take her to the bathroom.

After reading more about the circumstances, my gut instinct is that JS was very 'attached' to AGB. And he impulsively took off with her , suddenly and without planning. Which is very scary because now things are chaotic and he is in big trouble.

Does he have access to any money? I hope he uses a bank card somewhere. I am sure they are tracking that and his phone already, unless he has ditched it already.

I don't think this was a planned event. But I guess it could have been...who knows. Maybe he did make plans and has a hideout prepared already?

Post #32 clears up that it is a woman. I still stand by it makes no since that the woman didn't take her to the bathroom.
I agree. I'd think it was very strange if my boyfriend offered to take the little neighbour girl to the bathroom at the store, instead of me. When we were out as a family, I'd take my daughter to the restroom and hubby would take our son, only because it was easier that way for all involved.

After reading more about the circumstances, my gut instinct is that JS was very 'attached' to AGB. And he impulsively took off with her , suddenly and without planning. Which is very scary because now things are chaotic and he is in big trouble.

Does he have access to any money? I hope he uses a bank card somewhere. I am sure they are tracking that and his phone already, unless he has ditched it already.

I don't think this was a planned event. But I guess it could have been...who knows. Maybe he did make plans and has a hideout prepared already?

I agree. It was impulsive. He's had a fascination with A for a while. The thought of moving out of state and leaving her behind may have drove him to take action. The fact that he did it with someone with him. That's a witness. He left his gf behind. Acts of a desperate and sick man. I really hope he comes to his senses and drops her off somewhere safe (hospital, PD, or FD) and unharmed.

Maybe he took her to the bathroom because A liked him more. Could it be that this was a new girlfriend who had known A for less time than Stinnett? It could just be that he had spent more time with A, or that he got permission to take A out and took advantage of this and told the girlfriend that that meant he was wholly responsible for A and wouldn’t let her out of his sight.

Here are the updated pictures of the POI: Log in or sign up to view

254970310_309724667645328_8303328535548966675_n.jpg

254162631_309724684311993_3261204266940338454_n.jpg

Maybe he took her to the bathroom because A liked him more. Could it be that this was a new girlfriend who had known A for less time than Stinnett? It could just be that he had spent more time with A, or that he got permission to take A out and took advantage of this and told the girlfriend that that meant he was wholly responsible for A and wouldn’t let her out of his sight.
I’m under the impression that his girlfriend was the babysitter and he was her boyfriend. They live together and are A’s neighbors. They are in the process of moving back to wherever they used to live. Sounds like they’ve been living there for the same amount of time.

I agree. It was impulsive. He's had a fascination with A for a while. The thought of moving out of state and leaving her behind may have drove him to take action. The fact that he did it with someone with him. That's a witness. He left his gf behind. Acts of a desperate and sick man. I really hope he comes to his senses and drops her off somewhere safe (hospital, PD, or FD) and unharmed.
Exactly what I was thinking. Thanks for your post.

Maybe, but it doesn't ring true to me for some reason. If he truly felt 'wholly responsible for her, he wouldn't have abducted her from the Goodwill.

It doesn't really matter who AGB liked more--If it was even a factor. But the problem is, a man taking a 5 yr old girl to the restroom has to either take her with him into the male bathroom or he has to go into the women's room, with her, which is a double red flag. OR he lets her go in herself, which it is not optimum either.

But his girlfriend can easily go in and keep an eye on her and it's easier than any of the above awkward circumstances.

I am very concerned and worried about hearing that the last thing we know about is he took her to the bathroom. That conjures up lots of bad thoughts for me because of the way that could trigger someone who had inappropriate thoughts/feelings towards a child.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader