GUILTY OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in grave , 7 May 2017 *GUILTY OF ABUSE OF CORPSE ONLY* *resentencing 2022* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is no way of ever knowing what Skylar's mother did or did not know, and those texts can be interpreted in multiple ways.

FWIW, Skylar's attorneys post-verdict made a point of saying they believed her parents were good people who had done their best, while also conceding Kim hadn't handled Skylar's EDs especially well.

Though admittedly an after the fact, purely speculative and totally pointless thing to wonder about, looking at the texts between Kim and Skylar about BC pills etc. before Skylar gave birth, what if Skylar believed her mother knew she was pregnant (whether or not that was true), and interpreted Kim's insistence about taking the pill as an unsaid but understood instruction to take them in order to self-abort?
Well, it's not just the text messages that indicate that her mother knew she was pregnant.
She opened her email and saw the statement which confirmed that she was.
She may have accepted her insistence that it was a mistake, but she must have had a pretty good idea that it was true.
She herself seemed to think that birth control pills could cause a miscarriage, so she may have believed that's what happened.

At any rate, seeing the picture of her daughter's belly must have been a pretty good indication that the Dr. had not made a mistake, because it clearly shows the bulge in her stomach.
It takes six to eight weeks for the uterus to shrink to normal size, and since she is so skinny it is even more obvious.

So it's really not surprising that Skylar did not face reality and went about her life like nothing happened at all.
It seems to fit with the family dynamics. Imo

Last edited:
I find it hard to believe an eighteen yr. old would go through a pregnancy, face all the unknowns, and not tell anyone. A typical eighteen yr. old would be scared to death and seek emotional support from someone.

I can't wrap my head around Skylar caring enough to name the baby.
Yet it seems to happen over and over again. Babies are discarded in dumpsters or other places by their mothers who never told anyone they were pregnant.
It's a shame.

Well, it's not just the text messages that indicate that her mother knew she was pregnant.
She opened her email and saw the statement which confirmed that she was.
She may have accepted her insistence that it was a mistake, but she must have had a pretty good idea that it was true.
She herself seemed to think that birth control pills could cause a miscarriage, so she may have believed that's what happened.

At any rate, seeing the picture of her daughter's belly must have been a pretty good indication that the Dr. had not made a mistake, because it clearly shows the bulge in her stomach.
It takes six to eight weeks for the uterus to shrink to normal size, and since she is so skinny it is even more obvious.

So it's really not surprising that Skylar did not face reality and went about her life like nothing happened at all.
It seems to fit with the family dynamics. Imo
Giving the baby a name doesn't fit the dynamics you described. Naming the baby is a realistic act.

Giving the baby a name doesn't fit the dynamics you described. Naming the baby is a realistic act.
Well, we already know that not facing reality and using denial as a defense mechanism is characteristic of her disorder. It's a way to avoid dealing with the pain.

She was forced to face reality as soon as she saw the baby in the toilet.
Giving the baby a name may have helped to give closure to the entire situation.

After that, she was able to move on and enjoy her life just like it never happened. She was happy again. Imo

First of all I don't think KR knew she was pregnant
BR's parents pretend to care about her for outside appearances but in reality they don't. who doesn't notice their daughter's pregnancy or get her treatment when she weighs 89 pounds.
yes I think she killed her baby by not taking her out of the toilet right away (gurgling noises) or preventing her from taking a breath so as not to cry and wake up her parents and her brother. sad all the way around.

the baby was IT in her first interviews.
not having a name fits totally with the disconnection going on.
imo her legal advice had a hand in the baby having a name.
That's probably what actually happened.

Everything else indicates distancing behavior. Even in the second interview she starts off referring to her as "it."
She also was consistant in saying she never even looked at the baby. IMO

Thank you Hope4More for the numerous FACTS that you have posted about this case.
I'll repeat this FACT: During the 2nd interrogation, Skyler told LE that she had named the baby Annabelle.

Fact: Skylar told LE during her 2nd interrogation, years before trial and before she had ever met with a lawyer, that she had named the baby Annabelle.

And i do not believe the name Annabelle was a thought until court.
imo her legal advice had a hand in the baby having a name.
That's probably what actually happened.

and at what point was Dad involved, interrogation 1 or 2? how long after 1 was 2?

He came into the end part of both of the interviews. The first one and the second one. If I recall correctly, the second one was about five or six days after the first one but I'm sure somebody here has the exact dates and will correct.

ETA This is marked at the 28th minute video of when the parents came into the room at the first interview.

I find it hard to believe an eighteen yr. old would go through a pregnancy, face all the unknowns, and not tell anyone. A typical eighteen yr. old would be scared to death and seek emotional support from someone.

I can't wrap my head around Skylar caring enough to name the baby.

Skylar's aunt, best friends, boyfriend Brandon and Skylar herself all have said Skylar didn't confide in anyone about her problems. One example: her closest friend has said Skylar never talked to her about her EDs, even though everyone who knew her knew she had them.

That she didn't tell any of her closest friends of her pregnancy was entirely in keeping with how she handled any problem. As was her denial to herself for many months that she might be pregnant.

As for naming her baby.....

I'm past that point in a trial/case when I'm still trying to puzzle out what I think most likely happened, or still forming an opinion about the strength of the legal case presented at trial.

Why would she give her stillborn baby a name or how would SHE have interpreted Kim's texts are exactly the kind of psychological questions I always find fascinating, however abstract and unknowable are the answers.

My earlier post about the texts between Kim and Skylar about BC pills and pregnancy and Skylar's "belly" wasn't about my belief or disbelief that Kim knew Skylar was pregnant.

My (abstract, just trying it on) question was....how would Skylar interpret those texts from Kim? Many of us, after the fact, read them and are convinced Kim knew Skylar was pregnant. If that conclusion -whether true or not- is so easy to make, isn't it entirely possible Skylar believed- rightfully or not- that Kim did know?

So, putting together the known pieces into an entirely theoretical, speculative scenario...

Skylar didn't want to go to the OB/GYN, Kim insisted. Specifically to get BC pills, though Skylar had already been sexually active for many months. It's clear from the texts that Kim was aware of this.

So, again and at every point in this scenario- from Skylar's perspective- what is Kim communicating to her? Why now, why the urgency? Why is Kim saying it makes me sick for you to have to do this, but I want you to have a future, getting pregnant would mean you can't go to college, and BTW...I wouldn't help you take care of a baby.

And after the appointment, what to make of Kim saying: " I'm just being honest, you have a big belly, even your dad has commented about it, and did the DR say anything to you about your belly?"

There's plenty more that could be brought in, but using just that little pile...

You're Skylar. You believe your mother knows you're pregnant, but she doesn't acknowledge that to you, and doesn't ask you any of the obvious questions she would if she wanted to know.

Instead, what she makes clear to you is you need to end a pregnancy she wants to hear nothing about. She's already made that crystal clear. Yet she hacks into your email then confronts you with confirmation of your pregnancy, telling you she's freaked out. Is she asking you to lie to her?

What other conclusion can you come to, because she now has definitive proof of your pregnancy, but instead of using that as an opening for you to come to clean, she doubles down on how completely unacceptable your pregnancy is to her?

Fast forward to giving birth, by herself, in the bathroom. (Suspend disbelief if you think her baby was born alive). If you're Skylar, why in the world would you ask Kim for help? Kim has told you it's your problem and I don't want to know.

Your baby is now very, very real to you. And she's stillborn. You haven't allowed yourself to feel any attachment to her before, but she's your baby. And born dead. How could you not feel guilty? When you know that you abused your body for the entire time you were pregnant- including taking laxatives to please Kim, doing everything in your power to lose the weight that first you didn't know was a baby, then you didn't want to believe was a baby?

You didn't go back for the ultrasound. You didn't call the DR back or return for whatever prenatal care he talked to you about but you didn't even really hear, because you were still in shock about having your pregnancy confirmed.

And ....you didn't want the baby, and now here she is, stillborn. Your fault.

Skylar says she held her baby again, even after she was sure her baby wasn't breathing, had no heartbeat, wasn't alive. Many peeps don't attach any significance to the fact Skylar buried her baby and put flowers on her grave, and/or think the fact Skylar didn't wrap her baby up before burying her is what's most telling.

I think the fact Skylar buried her baby instead of throwing her away like trash is not only meaningful, but entirely consistent with a scenario of feeling intense guilt about the fact her baby was stillborn. As is naming her baby.

Which again, she did before lawyers or court or trial, and because it is impossible to realistically believe otherwise, without being told by her parents or anyone else it would look better if she named her.

ETA: Kim may or may not have believed BC pills would cause Skylar to abort, but there's evidence enough to believe Skylar knew better.

Last edited:
Thank you Hope4More for the numerous FACTS that you have posted about this case.
I'll repeat this FACT: During the 2nd interrogation, Skyler told LE that she had named the baby Annabelle.
That's true, but only after being prompted by investigators. She never referred to the baby by her name until they asked if she had named her. There is no way to know when she decided to give her a name.

And still, referring to the baby as "it" and "she" is indicative of distancing behavior, as well as taking pictures of her belly with the baby no longer in it and telling her mom and her boyfriend how happy she was right after she gave birth. It did not seem to take her very long to recover from the loss of her child. In fact, she seemed ecstatic and relieved.

That she never went back to the doctor for prenatal care, lied to her mother about being pregnant, had no plans for when she went into labor, took birth control pills during the last trimester, and never considered other options suggested by the Dr, such as adoption, indicates that she was not exactly thinking realistically about having a baby.

Denial is a common defense mechanism that is not uncommon for people who are experiencing a traumatic event. Being pregnant was a problem Skylar could not accept. When she learned she was pregnant she told her Dr. that she "could not" have a baby. Then she proceeded to take the pills. That doesn't sound like she was thinking realistically about the baby.

I still think the family dynamics played a role in her behavior. Imo

Last edited:
WHIO and Dayton Daily News podcast: ‘Covering the Brooke Richardson Trial ‘

https://cmg-newspaper.streamguys1.com/Dayton/20190917135208-CoveringtheBrookeRichardsonTrial.mp3

Thanks for posting a link to this podcast. I hope Lauren the court reporter is wrong about the possibility that despite the judge's ruling, Trey's family (mother) might continue fighting for the baby's remains.

It's telling when asked what she found most surprising as the trial unfolded, Lauren's reply was she expected Skylar's confessions in the interrogations to be convincing and incriminating- but they weren't. Surprising, she said, because the State otherwise had very little to work with to prove the baby was born alive. (Yep)..

Her take on the jury at the end of trial was also... interesting. That they were squirming during closing statements; she believed the closings didn't have any impact on their verdicts; in her opinion jurors had already made up their minds- even before closings, much less before they began deliberating.

Lauren is a legal reporter who needs and benefits from continued access to Fornell and prosecutors. Which just help to explain why she said she believed it was "stand up" of Fornell to face the media post-verdict, and to have been willing to answer all their tough questions. (Snort).

A videographer who said he was working for the national media outlet CBS News has been charged with assault after an incident at Friday’s Carlisle High School football game that followed the high-profile trial of Brooke Skylar Richardson.

David Sapp, 52, of Centerville, Utah, was arrested on three counts of assault and one count of resisting arrest, according to a Carlisle police report.

Officers working security were told at the end of the game that there was a fight happening behind the home stands, according to the report. They found multiple men wrestling with another man on the ground.

The men were pulled off of Sapp, who struggled with one of the responding officers, according to the report. An off-duty Dayton police officer also assisted, the report said.

Sapp told officers he was working as an independent contractor for CBS News and was attempting to film the football game. He said was “then attacked by multiple people so he started swinging his camera to defend himself,” according to the report.

~snip

More at link:

Report: Videographer charged with assault after trying to film Richardson family at football game

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back