GUILTY OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in grave , 7 May 2017 *GUILTY OF ABUSE OF CORPSE ONLY* *resentencing 2022* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
".. the head of the school’s football boosters program, told police that Sapp “was attempting to record the Richardson family and was under the bleachers.”
My land..I dont even know what to say..wow!

I wonder if this guy is actually a videographer for CBS? I believe the Richardson’s are currently working with CBS ‘48 Hours’ for an upcoming show,..a film crew has been seen at their home for the past few days. If he is with CBS, it doesn’t make sense why he would be hiding under the bleachers trying to secretly film them?

JMO

I wonder if this guy is actually a videographer for CBS? I believe the Richardson’s are currently working with CBS ‘48 Hours’ for an upcoming show,..a film crew has been seen at their home for the past few days. If he is with CBS, it doesn’t make sense why he would be hiding under the bleachers trying to secretly film them?

JMO

Sapp told officers he was working as an independent contractor for CBS News

He'd own his content. He may have a contract with CBS but he could have sold the video to any tabloid that covered the case -- there were plenty. MOO

Skylar's aunt, best friends, boyfriend Brandon and Skylar herself all have said Skylar didn't confide in anyone about her problems. One example: her closest friend has said Skylar never talked to her about her EDs, even though everyone who knew her knew she had them.

That she didn't tell any of her closest friends of her pregnancy was entirely in keeping with how she handled any problem. As was her denial to herself for many months that she might be pregnant.

As for naming her baby.....

I'm past that point in a trial/case when I'm still trying to puzzle out what I think most likely happened, or still forming an opinion about the strength of the legal case presented at trial.

Why would she give her stillborn baby a name or how would SHE have interpreted Kim's texts are exactly the kind of psychological questions I always find fascinating, however abstract and unknowable are the answers.

My earlier post about the texts between Kim and Skylar about BC pills and pregnancy and Skylar's "belly" wasn't about my belief or disbelief that Kim knew Skylar was pregnant.

My (abstract, just trying it on) question was....how would Skylar interpret those texts from Kim? Many of us, after the fact, read them and are convinced Kim knew Skylar was pregnant. If that conclusion -whether true or not- is so easy to make, isn't it entirely possible Skylar believed- rightfully or not- that Kim did know?

So, putting together the known pieces into an entirely theoretical, speculative scenario...

Skylar didn't want to go to the OB/GYN, Kim insisted. Specifically to get BC pills, though Skylar had already been sexually active for many months. It's clear from the texts that Kim was aware of this.

So, again and at every point in this scenario- from Skylar's perspective- what is Kim communicating to her? Why now, why the urgency? Why is Kim saying it makes me sick for you to have to do this, but I want you to have a future, getting pregnant would mean you can't go to college, and BTW...I wouldn't help you take care of a baby.

And after the appointment, what to make of Kim saying: " I'm just being honest, you have a big belly, even your dad has commented about it, and did the DR say anything to you about your belly?"

There's plenty more that could be brought in, but using just that little pile...

You're Skylar. You believe your mother knows you're pregnant, but she doesn't acknowledge that to you, and doesn't ask you any of the obvious questions she would if she wanted to know.

Instead, what she makes clear to you is you need to end a pregnancy she wants to hear nothing about. She's already made that crystal clear. Yet she hacks into your email then confronts you with confirmation of your pregnancy, telling you she's freaked out. Is she asking you to lie to her?

What other conclusion can you come to, because she now has definitive proof of your pregnancy, but instead of using that as an opening for you to come to clean, she doubles down on how completely unacceptable your pregnancy is to her?

Fast forward to giving birth, by herself, in the bathroom. (Suspend disbelief if you think her baby was born alive). If you're Skylar, why in the world would you ask Kim for help? Kim has told you it's your problem and I don't want to know.

Your baby is now very, very real to you. And she's stillborn. You haven't allowed yourself to feel any attachment to her before, but she's your baby. And born dead. How could you not feel guilty? When you know that you abused your body for the entire time you were pregnant- including taking laxatives to please Kim, doing everything in your power to lose the weight that first you didn't know was a baby, then you didn't want to believe was a baby?

You didn't go back for the ultrasound. You didn't call the DR back or return for whatever prenatal care he talked to you about but you didn't even really hear, because you were still in shock about having your pregnancy confirmed.

And ....you didn't want the baby, and now here she is, stillborn. Your fault.

Skylar says she held her baby again, even after she was sure her baby wasn't breathing, had no heartbeat, wasn't alive. Many peeps don't attach any significance to the fact Skylar buried her baby and put flowers on her grave, and/or think the fact Skylar didn't wrap her baby up before burying her is what's most telling.

I think the fact Skylar buried her baby instead of throwing her away like trash is not only meaningful, but entirely consistent with a scenario of feeling intense guilt about the fact her baby was stillborn. As is naming her baby.

Which again, she did before lawyers or court or trial, and because it is impossible to realistically believe otherwise, without being told by her parents or anyone else it would look better if she named her.

ETA: Kim may or may not have believed BC pills would cause Skylar to abort, but there's evidence enough to believe Skylar knew better.

I think this makes sense. I think most people have the 'if I have kids names I'd choose list". At 14 I liked Romeo and Juliet lol. I wanted to name my son Owen when I was 19 and pregnant. Other people didn't like the name. If they had no say and I gave birth to a stillborn that would have been the name. A name can be something private that even if you refer to a baby as "it" (I do that to people's baby's lol) it can be away of disassociating yourself from a very traumatic event. Also a name is personal maybe you don't want some manipulative cop using your dead daughters name over and over again.

I think this makes sense. I think most people have the 'if I have kids names I'd choose list". At 14 I liked Romeo and Juliet lol. I wanted to name my son Owen when I was 19 and pregnant. Other people didn't like the name. If they had no say and I gave birth to a stillborn that would have been the name. A name can be something private that even if you refer to a baby as "it" (I do that to people's baby's lol) it can be away of disassociating yourself from a very traumatic event. Also a name is personal maybe you don't want some manipulative cop using your dead daughters name over and over again.

BSR unwrapped her naked infant daughter and dumped her in the dirt. I doubt she'd be affected by police repeating daughters name. Also, BSR's mother stated she'd never heard the name "Annabelle" before -- sounded a bit surprised the baby even had a name. MOO

BSR unwrapped her naked infant daughter and dumped her in the dirt. I doubt she'd be affected by police repeating daughters name. Also, BSR's mother stated she'd never heard the name "Annabelle" before -- sounded a bit surprised the baby even had a name. MOO

The official trailer for the movie sequel, ‘Annabelle: Creation’ was released on April 1, 2017, just a month before BSR gave birth.
I wonder if the the movie title had anything to do with the name?

JMO

Last edited:

(I'm not sure I'd accept anything Kim has said to or about Skylar at face value).

Skylar, aged barely 18, after giving birth by herself silently to a stillborn baby, afterward bleeding profusely and trying to staunch the blood, walked to their garage while holding her dead daughter in one arm, and picked up what she found find- a hand trowel, then walked the not inconsiderable distance to the treeline of her backyard, set her daughter down on what was certainly a blood drenched towel, and began to dig, likely while still in shock, and definitely while in great pain.

In pain and with that hand tool, Skylar said it was difficult to dig even the shallow grave that she did. Is there any reason to disbelieve her about that?

She didn't decide not to wrap her baby in the towel because she was afraid her mother would notice missing towels- she threw away multiple towels later on. Maybe, just perhaps, there is a reason other than these assumptions of indifference or depravity why she didn't bury her baby in the towel? One that is consistent with making the effort to dig a grave at all? And with putting flowers on a grave, that to stick to consistency, makes little to no sense if her overriding concern in those moments was to conceal any trace of the burial?

Perhaps carrying her baby that far and the digging had caused her to bleed again, enough that she knew she'd track blood in the house unless she used that towel to wipe off? Perhaps wrapping her baby in the towel meant having to dig more and deeper than she was capable of doing?

Just saying.......

Last edited:
(I'm not sure I'd accept anything Kim has said to or about Skylar at face value).

Skylar, aged barely 18, after giving birth by herself silently to a stillborn baby, afterward bleeding profusely and trying to staunch the blood, walked to their garage while holding her dead daughter in one arm, and picked up what she found find- a hand trowel, then walked the not inconsiderable distance to the treeline of her backyard, set her daughter down on what was certainly a blood drenched towel, and began to dig, likely while still in shock, and definitely while in great pain.

In pain and with that hand tool, Skylar said it was difficult to dig even the shallow grave that she did. Is there any reason to disbelieve her about that?

She didn't decide not to wrap her baby in the towel because she was afraid her mother would notice missing towels- she threw away multiple towels later on. Maybe, just perhaps, there is a reason other than these assumptions of indifference or depravity why she didn't bury her baby in the towel? One that is consistent with making the effort to dig a grave at all? And with putting flowers on a grave, that to stick to consistency, makes little to no sense if her overriding concern in those moments was to conceal any trace of the burial?

Perhaps carrying her baby that far and the digging had caused her to bleed again, enough that she knew she'd track blood in the house unless she used that towel to wipe off? Perhaps wrapping her baby in the towel meant having to dig more and deeper than she was capable of doing?

Just saying.......

I think it was said during the trial that the hole she dug was only 2” inches deep. I thought if the grave was only 2” deep, then there probably wasn’t enough room in that depth to also bury the towel.

It makes me feel awful to think that the baby was buried naked in the dirt with no covering at all. Even when my fur-babies die, they are always wrapped up in a soft blanket and buried inside of a sealed box.

JMO

Last edited:
I think it was said during the trial that the hole she dug was only 2” inches deep. I thought if the grave was only 2” deep, then there probably wasn’t enough room in that depth to also bury the towel.

It makes me feel awful to think that the baby was buried naked in the dirt with no covering at all. Even when my fur-babies die, they are always wrapped up in a soft blanket and buried inside of a sealed box.

JMO

I know what you're saying, and don't disagree whatsoever that is awful to think about, awful that it happened, and that there was nothing OK about Skylar burying her baby in the backyard, no matter the circumstances.

I think we may just disagree about what Skylar was feeling when she buried her baby. I remain convinced she DID feel guilty about burying her there, especially the way she did, in no small part because I think she would have been immune to LE using the prospect of a proper burial against her try to make her crack.

JMO

I believe that's the point -- BSR showed no human dignity in the burial of her daughter. Obviously it's not about the "towel" - it could have been a any rag from the garage, box, etc.

The shallow grave was all about getting rid of the evidence as soon as possible, and back to bed as if nothing happened. She had a baseball game to get to, and selfie photos to take later that day. MOO

Everything about the BC pills, from my trial notes:
snip

9. Skylar and Kim exchanged texts over the next few days about the BC pills. Skylar asked when she should begin taking them, and after she had, told Kim she was having extremely painful cramps from the pills. Kim told her - that's good, it means the pills are working, and you'll be back to having "super regular" periods in a few months.

snip
------

I have always gone with other contraception rather than the Pill, so I have to ask - is it actually normal to have extremely painful cramps when starting on the Pill? I'm getting a feeling that Kim and Skylar were both bluffing each other, pretending not to know about the pregnancy, and Kim actually thought the pill would induce abortion.
Also if Skylar was missing periods due to an ED, a decent iron supplement would have been better than a contraceptive pill to get her back on track. Assuming she wasn't pregnant, of course.

I have always gone with other contraception rather than the Pill, so I have to ask - is it actually normal to have extremely painful cramps when starting on the Pill? I'm getting a feeling that Kim and Skylar were both bluffing each other, pretending not to know about the pregnancy, and Kim actually thought the pill would induce abortion.
Also if Skylar was missing periods due to an ED, a decent iron supplement would have been better than a contraceptive pill to get her back on track. Assuming she wasn't pregnant, of course.

Not in my experience but of course everyone is different.

Yet it seems to happen over and over again. Babies are discarded in dumpsters or other places by their mothers who never told anyone they were pregnant.
It's a shame.

Yup just happened on Wednesday in my fairly small town. A teenager no one knew was pregnant delivered a baby and put it in a bush outside her apartment building. Luckily baby was found very quickly and taken to the hospital. Mom was found after police said asked for help finding the Mom to make sure she was ok. She was found and told police she put the baby by the bush so it would be found. The fire station is a half mile away from the apartments, the hospital is a mile away so I don't believe that but police aren't charging her because they don't want other Mom's to be scared to give babies up. They police dept. put out an article about safe haven laws and how to call if you can't make it to a safe haven location.

JMO

The Richardson's should be admitting Skylar to an inpatient eating disorder treatment program and working on healing as a family in private, not filming a 48 hours show:mad::(

JMO
Ive done work for a large media company they call us stringers for some reason, only did it a few times years ago whether he was or not who knows, I didn't have any official ID but I did have a contract if that counted

Last edited:
Reactions: osu

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member