OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in shallow grave, Carlisle, 7 May 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Mike, I replied to your message in haste and probably gave you exactly what you wanted so I'll go again:

I agree she is probably good at manipulating, most 18 year old girls are. I think she has told a heap of lies that have landed her in this awful mess. Not evidence of murder.

No I don't think conflict is abuse. Ask my husband if you need him to clarify that I am more than capable of having a disagreement! I do not know why you would think that I believe debate is fighting, I don't think I would be here if I did.

I agree that Skylar is a victim of emotional neglect, possibly even abuse and it is not hard to see how that abuse has culminated in this catastrophe for her and her family. I know enough about the world to know that the cycle of abuse continues. I know this from a personal and professional viewpoint. Not evidence of murder.

As I have already clarified, I do not have any pregnancy hormones (wow!!) I have not at any point put myself in her shoes, I can't because I am not. Both of my pregnancies were planned and very much wanted and I was of course provided with the appropriate care. I most certainly would not have acted in the way that she did, but I am not her. This is exactly why I am trying not to judge her without hearing all of the evidence first.

I think deep down, her parents probably knew she was pregnant but they ignored it because that's what emotionally distant parents often do. I think they are probably all awful people. There are lots of awful people and dysfunctional families. They are not all cold blooded killers.

There is no evidence that dad is a person of colour so therefore I have no basis on which to accuse her or her parents of bigotry. You can see his hands during his testimony and he looks pretty white to me. Moot point.

Skylar is, as far as I am aware, being tried as an adult so I'm not sure what point you're making here either. I'm very sorry for the children of Baltimore, I agree that their situation is an outrage but I'm not sure what that has to do with this. I live in an economically deprived area myself. My Dad grew up on one of the worst estates in the country, rife with gang violence and drugs. England is not a country of rolling fields and high tea, we have some deep and serious problems here. That said, I have known some very deprived families who strive to give their children the best they can and have raised wonderful kids. I know some privileged families who have been awful to their kids and have raised some very damaged young adults. I won't judge Skylar based on her looks or her perceived position in life any more than I would anyone else. I don't do that.

Proclaiming that she is definitely guilty before the trial has even started. Sitting outside of her house to photograph her movements and calling for her to burned is definitely lynch mob mentality. I am not attributing these behaviours to you, or to anyone else on WS, it is simply an observation based around some of the social media commentary on this case.

What I don't see is a cause of death. I don't see any medical evidence that baby was born alive; other than statements she made during interrogation but as we have established she is probably a liar who will say anything to please. I have my concerns about the interrogation, so do many people with more expertise than myself. Even in the presence of a solid confession, there would need to be further evidence to back it up.

There is no evidence baby was burned, the prosecution made a huge mistake publicising this prior to trial. There is no evidence that she wasn't but it is not the job of the defence to prove the baby WASN'T burned. It is the job of the prosecution to prove that she WAS.

I have also seen mention of skull fractures. I have been over this point numerous times on this thread but in case you have not read my previous posts here is a link for you:

https://www.birthinjuryguide.org/birth-injury/types/infant-skull-fractures/

Skull fractures are often the result of a prolonged or difficult delivery. Skylar is believed to have been in labour for 3 days, this is a long time particularly in the absence of medical assistance. It is also possible that baby may have suffered a skull fracture if she was indeed delivered on the toilet or hard floor surface.

I believe it is perfectly possible that baby was stillborn, or passed away soon after birth. Skylar says baby was white and the cord was detached, this would indicate some serious problems. Cord separation is very rare, i doubt she would have had enough knowledge to make this up. I believe her when she says this. There is no evidence that she researched anything to do with birth complications.

Do I think she should have acted differently before and after the event? Yes. Do I think she is a good person? Possibly not. Do I think she was frightened and in shock? Yes.

We don't convict people of murder based on whether we like them or what we believe MAY have happened. We convict them based on evidence and unless the prosecution have a bombshell up their sleeve I can see a mountain of reasonable doubt. It is possible to think that she is probably guilty but still believe she should be acquitted, such is the burden of evidence in a murder trial.

I hope this has cleared a few things up for you now... I am going to continue with watching the trial and see how my feelings and opinion may develop as the case goes on. Good day to you.

She was not in labor for 3 days.
And she told the detective that she caught the baby.

Intrapartum Umbilical Cord Rupture

Intrapartum Umbilical Cord Rupture : Obstetrics & Gynecology

Intrapartum umbilical cord rupture. - PubMed - NCBI

Conclusion: The incidence of rupture of the umbilical cord in utero is rare and has little documentation.

I only found 2 articles on the subject and they seem to be the same person. So it must be pretty rare for this to happen. moo

Severe blood loss in a neonate due to a ruptured umbilical cord in a bath delivery

This is interesting because it does involve a home birth. It was planned. I feel like her answer to the umbilical cord question was honest. Her dad was pushing for an answer probably because he might have cut hers. The police officer also focused on that, another dad (if he wasn't lying) they would both see more of that end of deliver. My mom said watching me give birth was a much different view than the one she had giving birth. With all the blood you might not have a clue the cord has ruptured.

Severe blood loss in a neonate due to a ruptured umbilical cord in a bath delivery

This is interesting because it does involve a home birth. It was planned. I feel like her answer to the umbilical cord question was honest. Her dad was pushing for an answer probably because he might have cut hers. The police officer also focused on that, another dad (if he wasn't lying) they would both see more of that end of deliver. My mom said watching me give birth was a much different view than the one she had giving birth. With all the blood you might not have a clue the cord has ruptured.

That article sounds totally different than what Skylar described. She said the cord was not attached to the baby. Which to me sounds very strange. She talked like she didn't know what happened to it.

Even if the baby hit its head on the toilet or floor, it would not have multiple skull fractures.

That's if there are skull fractures. I'm suspicious of the medical examiner changing causes of death. If what was recovered of the baby bone fragments or severe decomp can they tell for sure? This is a newborn, their skulls aren't completely fused together to begin with.

That article sounds totally different than what Skylar described. She said the cord was not attached to the baby. Which to me sounds very strange. She talked like she didn't know what happened to it.
Actually, I believe that Skylar most likely cut the cord herself, and simply does not remember doing so. I think she had much trauma going on in that bathroom while also trying to remain silent and not wake anybody up. MOO

That's if there are skull fractures. I'm suspicious of the medical examiner changing causes of death. If what was recovered of the baby bone fragments or severe decomp can they tell for sure? This is a newborn, their skulls aren't completely fused together to begin with.

In the email exchange, it was mentioned that there are unexplained skull fractures.

Email document is on page 34

Reactions: osu

I thought she meant it wasn't attached to her ot they weren't attached. She kept saying she didn't need to cut it. It sounded odd but she was almost surprised people kept asking that. Her baby didn't come out with a formed belly button. Maybe she thought the cord naturally separates.

Actually, I believe that Skylar most likely cut the cord herself, and simply does not remember doing so. I think she had much trauma going on in that bathroom while also trying to remain silent and not wake anybody up. MOO

I was wondering if you could tear it with your hands while delivering the baby. I think people have used their teeth. Or there was something wrong. Did they genetically test the baby?

Lauren Pack@LPack JN
First up in the witness box is Dr. Susan Brown. Witness order was switched up yesterday because of the absence of Rittgers Sr..
@journalnews

Brown is a forensic pathologist and the Montgomery County Coroner's Office. She determines cause and manner of death.
@journalnews

July 15 and July 28, 2017 performed an autopsy on Richardson baby.
@journalnews

Brown said she was told the remains were discovered from a backyard burial. Later received information after police interview the defendant.
@journalnews

August 1, 2019

~snip

“Email exchanges between Murray and Allen were released with the motion to dismiss.

In one of those exchanges Murray told Allen “I could not say at that second visit with a reasonable degree of certainty that those bones had, in fact, been burned.”

Allen replied by saying she didn’t realize it was a “crucial part of their [prosecutor’s office] game plan.”

Murray then said “whether the bones was burned or not, that baby was still dead, had unexplained skull fractures, and was buried the back yard. I don’t understand why the burning takes it up such a notch."

(Docs at link)

Skylar Richardson’s attorneys want indictment dismissed due to recanted statement on charred bones

Thank you. So there is nothing where she admits the baby was alive for 5 minutes and she "might have squeezed her head"? Because despite the consensus of some in this thread I'm pretty sure skull fractures in infants are not that uncommon or unexplained. You should have seen the shape my poor firstborn's head was in when he was born. I pushed for 5 hours. I was just reading another case today of fractures found months after birth with no explanation other than birth and a later discovered medical issue that would increase the risk.

So did someone just make up "squeezing her head" as a way to explain the fractures? Meanwhile forgetting that birth is the most insanely powerful squeezing of an infant's head and that in a first time birth that head is usually in the birth canal much longer than later births? The head could have been squeezed for many HOURS in the birth canal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy